Options

The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hard to avoid talking about it at all - I think we need to get to the bottom of this

sounds to me like Mr. Vines has messed up through poor planning and organization and is now looking to shift the blame - ironic, as I seem to remember the whole point of the event was to prove that this venue could be used for entertainment purposes... oopsie, apparently not with him in charge :rolleyes:

I hope he can redeem himself by finding a more appropriate venue (reading the council's report, it seems very unlikely that they will relent on the safety issues), but I'm not holding my breath...

I am aghast at the goings............I hope that risk assessments concerning H & S have been put in place. I feel sad for Matt and his fans what a situation to be in. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back again ,huh is it the siesta time here ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    megamatt wrote: »

Nope:p:p:p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mitacond wrote: »
    I am aghast at the goings............I hope that risk assessments concerning H & S have been put in place. I feel sad for Matt and his fans what a situation to be in. ;)

Dont be sad, meaning maybe an extension of his stay in LA
    Extra time for him to have time to go to the beach there in his swimming trunk :D Would'nt everyone like to see a picture of him in the seashore? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

No mega LOL too busy.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Extra time for him to have time to go to the beach there in his swimming trunk :D Would'nt everyone like to see a picture of him in the seashore? :p

He's got to come back for InDemand on Sunday ;)

Although the swimming trunk image.. Ahem!! :D:D Yes please
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL megamatt I had not thought of that ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tweeterers go spam Will with something like this ;

"dont come back here without photos from the beach" well ,you can be bolder if you want . aha ha ha ha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    I wish he was staying in L.A. longer tbh. Whilst he's there he is fully concentrating on writing and recording. He's also kept the tweets reasonably regular. I think getting back to do a dolly mixture gig (ie 3 songs probably) is a distraction. I understand that they pay well (I think he probably gets about £20K for something like that) but I would prefer there to be a concentration on the album. The so called month was not much more than 3 weeks in the end.

ditto :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tweeterers go spam Will with something like this ;

"dont come back here without photos from the beach" well ,you can be bolder if you want . aha ha ha ha

LOL x;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    hard to avoid talking about it at all - I think we need to get to the bottom of this

sounds to me like Mr. Vines has messed up through poor planning and organization and is now looking to shift the blame - ironic, as I seem to remember the whole point of the event was to prove that this venue could be used for entertainment purposes... oopsie, apparently not with him in charge :rolleyes:

I hope he can redeem himself by finding a more appropriate venue (reading the council's report, it seems very unlikely that they will relent on the safety issues), but I'm not holding my breath...

What a mess this event has turned into :( I feel really sorry for everyone attending who are now worried about whether its going to go ahead and have paid out hard earned money for tickets, travel and accommodation. Such bad planning by whoever was responsible for a licence. Its obviously not Matt's fault but this doesn't reflect well for his management. Maybe with Will being away for the past 3 weeks things weren't followed up/finalised from his end or was it nothing at all to do with him :confused:

I hope even at this late stage that a different venue can be found so that the gig can go ahead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DenJ wrote: »
    What a mess this event has turned into :( I feel really sorry for everyone attending who are now worried about whether its going to go ahead and have paid out hard earned money for tickets, travel and accommodation. Such bad planning by whoever was responsible for a licence. Its obviously not Matt's fault but this doesn't reflect well for his management. Maybe with Will being away for the past 3 weeks things weren't followed up/finalised from his end or was it nothing at all to do with him :confused:

I hope even at this late stage that a different venue can be found so that the gig can go ahead.

Hi Denjxx;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    meeeekatt wrote: »
    Hello Megamatt

Darwyn "When You Wake" is still my favourite Matt album. I do get what you are saying about them being an amateur band, but I really love the combination of instruments on the album. I also think that the songs on the album have great strength and originality, I wouldnt want them to be too polished. I like them real too.;)

I love 7S too of course , and wish Matt would use some of these tracks!

I sincerely hope this Vines bloke manages to sort out another venue!!

Edit. Sevensummers were not signed and therefore the album was never on general release. It did extremely well in a few download charts during the XF.

'When You Wake' is one of my all time favourite albums....just as it is :D

Really hope they sort the Boston mess out as soon as.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While it's all quiet and possibly reflective how about a little something

I know how popular Letters has been to witness on the tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUqFBB-bf3U

;) Sigh
  • Options
    CardlescardieCardlescardie Posts: 4,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm feeling very :(:(:(:(:( about events today. I know H&S rules the world (23 pages of risk assessment for the residential visit I'm doing with the kids in my class in a couple of weeks :eek:), but we all know it rules the world, so it should be the first thing sorted out, along with essential paperwork.

I looked up Boston on the map yesterday and thought to myself that it's nowhere near ANYWHERE! The nearest towns of any size are Peterborough and Lincoln, and they're not exactly huge. So although ticket sales may not be as much as we'd hoped (when you factor in travel and accommodation, and the sheer "out of the wayness") I really hope an event can go ahead. I was looking forward to my Matt-fix.
  • Options
    outof theparkoutof thepark Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Ow I feel really sorry for peeps who were intending to go ..hope it can be sorted..
    Boston always seemed to me a bit of a strange to be honest and I never understood why it is not on the events listing on Matts website ..the guy organising it I think ran away with himself without looking at the whole picture ..did Matt even know if it was going ahead ..did peeps talk to him about it??
    cardie. H &S..humm does seem to have got a bit OTT in the UK ...I live somewhere where on the main it is totally ignored...not sure which I prefer but a middle line would be nice..
  • Options
    chosenturbochosenturbo Posts: 8,832
    Forum Member
    DenJ wrote: »

It's up to the promoters and organizers to sort this stuff out. Will shouldn't have to chase after them - his job is to get Matt to where he's supposed to be, and he should be able to assume that the venue etc. will be ready to accommodate Matt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's up to the promoters and organizers to sort this stuff out. Will shouldn't have to chase after them - his job is to get Matt to where he's supposed to be, and he should be able to assume that the venue etc. will be ready to accommodate Matt.

Exactly chosen Will is not responsible for such.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member

I though that was probably the case but wasn't sure. The organisers will have a lot of unhappy Matt fans on their hands if another venue can't be found in time.

I wonder if Matt is flying home today
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm feeling very :(:(:(:(:( about events today. I know H&S rules the world (23 pages of risk assessment for the residential visit I'm doing with the kids in my class in a couple of weeks :eek:), but we all know it rules the world, so it should be the first thing sorted out, along with essential paperwork.

I looked up Boston on the map yesterday and thought to myself that it's nowhere near ANYWHERE! The nearest towns of any size are Peterborough and Lincoln, and they're not exactly huge. So although ticket sales may not be as much as we'd hoped (when you factor in travel and accommodation, and the sheer "out of the wayness") I really hope an event can go ahead. I was looking forward to my Matt-fix.

It is all par for the course in Ed. and elsewhere............. this situation is weird;):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right off to bed hoping all will turn out well ;)

Nite Nite all sweet dreams.x;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _sararusso wrote: »
    'When You Wake' is one of my all time favourite albums....just as it is :D

Really hope they sort the Boston mess out as soon as.

Hello Sara:)

:D:D:D Mine too. I adore it, and play it constantly:)

I have nothing to say about "The Situation ":rolleyes: except

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!! :mad::(

Lets just hope tomorow brings better news.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
    Matt's been added to the NXNE website:D
    http://nxne.com/schedule#event=48843
  • Options
    piebaldladypiebaldlady Posts: 5,249
    Forum Member

Nice one :D

Good luck to all who have entered the Mali draw xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks Toast , It seems that Matt is the high profile in that list
    well because i dont know know or hear any releases from those listed.
This discussion has been closed.