What will it take for Steve Brookstein to get over X Factor

Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
Forum Member
I really don't understand why somebody that has a great dislike for the show and it's creator desperately wants to cling onto it every year by coming out with the same crap

He has spent the last god knows how long slating everything about the show, yet now he's upset that he's not on the album about to be released?

Why can't he just let go of the past and the show, enough people know how he feels about it

Comments

• Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve WHO? :confused:

..... :D
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Why should he let go? Cowell treated him disgracefully and unfairly erased him from the history of the show. He was voted by 6million people as winner of the original XF, Cowell and Suyco should show more respect to Brookstein instead of mocking him all the time. To date, he is still the only winner of TXF from the Overs category.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Why should he let go? Cowell treated him disgracefully and unfairly erased him from the history of the show. He was voted by 6million people as winner of the original XF, Cowell and Suyco should show more respect to Brookstein instead of mocking him all the time. To date, he is still the only winner of TXF from the Overs category.

No, he won the show he released a single and an album and unlike a lot of other contestants he was offered a second album but turned it down, he has since spent the last 6 years or so being very bitter and repeating the same thing over and over again

Yes he was the original winner, yes he got 6 million votes and yes he is the only over to have won, but he can't have it both ways. He gives his yearly rant on twitter about how contrived and fake the show is but wants to feature on an album about that same show

ETA, it's been a long time since Steve won the show, it can't be good to be this bitter for such a long time
  • Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you reading his Twitter feed? Are you a fan?

Also, what has he said? Can you copy and paste?

Finally, why ask us? You can tweet him and ask him personally. Do let us know how that conversation goes. :p
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

Finally, why ask us? You can tweet him and ask him personally. Do let us know how that conversation goes. :p

Please stop asking sensible questions. :p
  • abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, he won the show he released a single and an album and unlike a lot of other contestants he was offered a second album but turned it down, he has since spent the last 6 years or so being very bitter and repeating the same thing over and over again

Yes he was the original winner, yes he got 6 million votes and yes he is the only over to have won, but he can't have it both ways. He gives his yearly rant on twitter about how contrived and fake the show is but wants to feature on an album about that same show

ETA, it's been a long time since Steve won the show, it can't be good to be this bitter for such a long time

yearly? id say daily was closer to the mark
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    Please stop asking sensible questions. :p

Sorry. :o
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis needs to lend him a bottle of gin.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »

LOL....

It cures heartbreak not bitterness, perhaps he needs a jaggerbomb
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »

:D:D:D
    I think he needs more than a bottle of gin to cure this bitterness
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is also no G4 who were runners up and did so much better then Steve.
    Also there is no Rhydian
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he might be extra bitchy because Mrs. O. is back
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    I think he might be extra bitchy because Mrs. O. is back

Yes, remember when she tore him apart live on air.? Thinking about it she probably helped him win with that little outburst, all of the middle aged women I knew at the time were up in arms over it:D
    Forum Member

I'm not reading his twitter feed, I'm reading the article printed on this website. I can copy and paste when on my laptop but I am on my phone which makes it more difficult
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got his bitterness at first, but seriously all these years later, just let it go, it can't be healthy to be this bitter & unhappy about still, he's only effecting his own life, just let it go, get on with your life and be happy! Otherwise the rest of his life will be boring as fuxk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't understand why somebody that has a great dislike for the show and it's creator desperately wants to cling onto it every year by coming out with the same crap

He has spent the last god knows how long slating everything about the show, yet now he's upset that he's not on the album about to be released?

Why can't he just let go of the past and the show, enough people know how he feels about it

This is all he said:
    "I've not made the X Factor Greatest Hits Album," Brookstein tweeted. "Thanks for the 1st ever X Factor No1 and the 6 million votes. Just wasn't enough I guess."

Hardly a huge rant, is it? If I was the first winner of the show I'd be a bit disappointed not to be on the album too. It would also be nice for those of us not familiar with him to get a chance to see why he was chosen. Of course Cowell no longer has a financial interest in him so rather than showcase the pedigree of the show and give it a sense of history he just pushes out the acts that will make him money.

Honestly, I don't think Steve Brookstein is over the top in his tweet. I think anyone would feel that way. Also it would have been a bit of a boost to his career which would have boosted the profile of the X-Factor too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly a huge rant, is it? If I was the first winner of the show I'd be a bit disappointed not to be on the album too. It would also be nice for those of us not familiar with him to get a chance to see why he was chosen. Of course Cowell no longer has a financial interest in him so rather than showcase the pedigree of the show and give it a sense of history he just pushes out the acts that will make him money.

Honestly, I don't think Steve Brookstein is over the top in his tweet. I think anyone would feel that way. Also it would have been a bit of a boost to his career which would have boosted the profile of the X-Factor too.

Given how he has blasted the show for years, he shouldn't be shocked that he was snubbed. He wanted to burn bridges, so he should take this like a man, damn it. For some people, anything more than not responding is too much.

What's more scandalous is the exclusion of G4, who Louis and Simon once said as the "true winners" of series 1 (according to Wikipedia), and Rhydian (unless he left Team Cowell on a bad note). Leon should have gotten at least a nod because I don't think he spoke bad about the show, although he hasn't picked himself up after being dropped like, say, Joe or Matt.

Also, Jedward should have been included. They did start the "modern" installation of the joke act (Chico was a one-off thing, although he should have been included for It's Chico Time) that seems to be sorely missed this year (until Saturday when the New and Improved Shelley arrives).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »

Well said.

Steve B is a perfect representation of how the show and its aftermath chews people up and spits them out.

I think in the early days, they got a number one single, a recording contract, a hastily released album full of naff covers....and then dropped as soon as the sales didn't live up to expectations..

Gary Barlow, back in the Leona series, pleaded with Simon Cowell, not to do the same to her..and, perhaps, one of the very few things to Cowell's credit was to nod his head and realize that perhaps a change of tack was necessary and that the artists needed to be nurtured..

I'm not sure how much that's actually gone on, since..

Brookstein, like a number of others who've been involved in the show, probably believed they'd have some "input," into the whole process, or the chance to write some of their own material.

I think anybody entering the show with the idea of using it as a vehicle for promoting their own material is on a loser, right from the start.....unless it's those artists, like Lucy Spraggan who are out, or ousted fairly early on and then are allowed to go their own sweet way..because, under the umbrella of the Cowell machine, they certainly wont' be able to get to do that.

Rich
    x
    Forum Member
    This is all he said:

I never said he ranted, what I did say every year he comes out with the same comments about the show, nothing ever changes except this year when his gripe is about not being included on a greatest hits album of a show he has spent the last however many years having a go at

He's not the typical X Factor contestant, he was offered a second album and declined the deal which is fair enough if he didn't like the way the album was going but he got that second album offered to him

I understood a few years ago as somebody else has said but it's been 9 years since he won and 8 years since he turned down the second album, surely it's time to just give up and push on with his career. What good is it doing him to continually go over it year after year?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neorich wrote: »
    Well said.

Steve B is a perfect representation of how the show and its aftermath chews people up and spits them out.

I think in the early days, they got a number one single, a recording contract, a hastily released album full of naff covers....and then dropped as soon as the sales didn't live up to expectations..

Gary Barlow, back in the Leona series, pleaded with Simon Cowell, not to do the same to her..and, perhaps, one of the very few things to Cowell's credit was to nod his head and realize that perhaps a change of tack was necessary and that the artists needed to be nurtured..

I'm not sure how much that's actually gone on, since..

Brookstein, like a number of others who've been involved in the show, probably believed they'd have some "input," into the whole process, or the chance to write some of their own material.

I think anybody entering the show with the idea of using it as a vehicle for promoting their own material is on a loser, right from the start.....unless it's those artists, like Lucy Spraggan who are out, or ousted fairly early on and then are allowed to go their own sweet way..because, under the umbrella of the Cowell machine, they certainly wont' be able to get to do that.

Rich
    x

Gary was involved with the show long before series 8? :eek:
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Take That were Leona's duet 'partner' on the final, and after they'd performed Gary had basically told Simon NOT to f**k up if she won the show and I think that's pretty much what started the whole "spend more than a month recording an album full of covers" thing aha. :p
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    I never said he ranted, what I did say every year he comes out with the same comments about the show, nothing ever changes except this year when his gripe is about not being included on a greatest hits album of a show he has spent the last however many years having a go at

He's not the typical X Factor contestant, he was offered a second album and declined the deal which is fair enough if he didn't like the way the album was going but he got that second album offered to him

I understood a few years ago as somebody else has said but it's been 9 years since he won and 8 years since he turned down the second album, surely it's time to just give up and push on with his career. What good is it doing him to continually go over it year after year?

I follow him on Twitter. He is quite entertaining, although I don't agree with all his views. Tbf to the guy, he is still working and is in the middle of recording an album - it probably won't get much publicity, but he is still active in the career he loves.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course. In 2008, he remarked that Alexandra had "an incredible voice" when he was a guest mentor, and of course in 2006, he duetted with Leona as part of Take That in the final. :)
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually what happened to Brookstein's tell all book on the X Factor. It was apparently going to expose Simon and the show for what it was. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Actually what happened to Brookstein's tell all book on the X Factor. It was apparently going to expose Simon and the show for what it was. ;)

Have been wondering the same thing. Whatever happened to that book. ;)