Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, the fact that it sounds like Elephant but with better production doesn't exactly excite me. I think we should all try not to get too excited. We were all dying to hear Elephant, and for me anyway, that was a complete disappointment...everything from the song itself, down to the video, radio play etc was a disaster in my opinion. I'm going to try not to get too excited, because then if it's amazing it will be a nice surprise.

If it's a Guetta/Michael Woods track, I think she'll get a ton more radio support imo...especially from Kiss and R1....and hopefully Capital...

She needs a high budget video for this single though...
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I agree, the fact that it sounds like Elephant but with better production doesn't exactly excite me. I think we should all try not to get too excited. We were all dying to hear Elephant, and for me anyway, that was a complete disappointment...everything from the song itself, down to the video, radio play etc was a disaster in my opinion. I'm going to try not to get too excited, because then if it's amazing it will be a nice surprise.

I loved Elephant
    still do.

Just didn't enjoy the video that much.

and why shouldn't we get excited? that is the whole point of stanning for your fave... smh.
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    and
    Mohammad Qazalbash ‏ @MoQazalbash Close
    a moment from the sony music/RCA event today - in love with Alexandra Burke's new song and Josh Kumra

omgggg I cannot, everyone loves it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    and

omgggg I cannot, everyone loves it.

Someone needs to let slip the producer.....why does no-one wanna talk, wanna talk about it?

So excited to hear that everyone is loving it....the title Let It Go sort of reminds of the lyrics to her song Tonight...
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Someone needs to let slip the producer.....why does no-one wanna talk, wanna talk about it?

So excited to hear that everyone is loving it....the title Let It Go sort of reminds of the lyrics to her song Tonight...

Who's Josh Kurma?

And Shoed should be able to get the producer out of David. If it's still Cutfather then it won't be a problem as it's already been publicly confirmed.
  • Options
    universetippinguniversetipping Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The producer is still Cutfather, they won't have changed it when Alexandra was saying this in the last two weeks. I will be surprised if not!

Shortly afterwards, Popjustice tweeted that he had heard it so they couldn't have changed it so quickly.

Just becuase one person said it was dance-tastic doesn't mean it's anything like Elephant.

I'm sure it's uptempo but not Ibiza sounding dance. ;)
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    Who's Josh Kurma?

And Shoed should be able to get the producer out of David. If it's still Cutfather then it won't be a problem as it's already been publicly confirmed.

This is Josh Kurma http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXsq-d3bT84 :eek:
  • Options
    mememeemememee Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »

Is the song a duet with him then? Because the person said Alexandra AND Josh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mememee wrote: »
    Is the song a duet with him then? Because the person said Alexandra AND Josh!

If it was a duet they would have said Alexandra and Josh's new song not Alexandra's new song and Josh....

I'm so excited to hear this now...everyone seems to love it...:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    If it was a duet they would have said Alexandra and Josh's new song not Alexandra's new song and Josh....

I'm so excited to hear this now...everyone seems to love it...:D

I know, it must be amazing...:eek::D
  • Options
    djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg I Cant Wait :D

The Fact That Everyone Seems To Like It Makes Me So Hyper LOL

Hopefully We'll Get To Hear It Next Week Or Sooner!! :):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    I can't wait! :D
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    I'm soo excited! Though i'm trying not to as it might lead to disappiintment :-( but since i looved Elephant it should all be fine
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    I'm soo excited! Though i'm trying not to as it might lead to disappiintment :-( but since i looved Elephant it should all be fine

I love Elephant too, so if it's better than that I'm happy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's performing at Birmingham today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    David Burke ‏ @MrDavidBurke Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    More importantly, I connect with the lyrics..puts life into perspective

It actually sounds amazing, I definitely think we'll be hearing at least a snippet by the end of next week. :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It actually sounds amazing, I definitely think we'll be hearing at least a snippet by the end of next week. :D:p

I hope so...I'm SO ready for this....I just can't let it go...:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

End of next week sounds good to me, need to focus on school first :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wonder when she will confirm it herself? Several people have already spilled the beans on the title and the release date....all we need is the producer....imagine if it was Let It Go ft. David Guetta...I would flip...:eek::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 214
    Forum Member

Cool. The new single can be uptempo, and similar to Elephant, but not the same. So it could be like a Single Ladies style song - that's me hoping. I bet the album will follow 2 week after the next single. And she'll be promoting Elephant in Europe next, so that the single leads the album off. I hope they have a plan, and judging from her impromptu holiday, she does. And a LONG one at that. I pray the US is in that plan too. She can succeed there, if Jessie J did with a naff album, debuts for debuts, Alex trumps; with enough promo.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Me too, I'm behind on ICT coursework LMAO :rolleyes:

I still think the producer's cutfather, but I'd be over the moon if it was David Guetta! :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    El último wrote: »
    Cool. The new single can be uptempo, and similar to Elephant, but not the same. So it could be like a Single Ladies style song - that's me hoping. I bet the album will follow 2 week after the next single. And she'll be promoting Elephant in Europe next, so that the single leads the album off. I hope they have a plan, and judging from her impromptu holiday, she does. And a LONG one at that. I pray the US is in that plan too. She can succeed there, if Jessie J did with a naff album, debuts for debuts, Alex trumps; with enough promo.

I think she's going to promote Let It Go instead of Elephant, Radio aren't really picking it up and the 2nd single is almost on its way, or she'll need to hurry, might work but i doubt it
  • Options
    CROATIACROATIA Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She said that she might perform new single on March 31st....thats today.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think she's going to promote Let It Go instead of Elephant, Radio aren't really picking it up and the 2nd single is almost on its way, or she'll need to hurry, might work but i doubt it

I hope she does, and that it gets a release early next year in Europe. As long as it's good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Me too, I'm behind on ICT coursework LMAO :rolleyes:

I still think the producer's cutfather, but I'd be over the moon if it was David Guetta! :eek::D

ICT took me forever to do. SMH at school ;) I feel your pain.
This discussion has been closed.