Options

How soon after my driving test can I drive on my own?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    broadzbroadz Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi All!

I passed my test yesturday! i was soo happy! Second time lucky! only got 5 Minnors.

The reason why your instructor will ALWAYS drive you home after you've passed is because you are no longer insured on their car. They only have insurrance for you to learn with your provisional.

.. unless they have Full insurrance for like just anybody to get into their car and drive lol .. which i doubt they have.

Sounds like you haven't read the rest of the thread. Most instructors offer motorway instruction (and manual instruction to drivers who have so far only driven an automatic) to fully qualified drivers as well as to provisional drivers. And you would also have read that many, many people pass their test then drive the instructor's car home straight from their test. Like I did. Which kind of kicks your theory into touch doesn't it?

Well done on passing by the way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as soon as you pass your test and you have insurance etc
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Shappy wrote: »
    Given that this thread was started about 7 months ago, I wonder if MoistenedBint passed her test?

Yes I did lol. I passed on 26th June 2007!!!

ONly just got back on here now, and slightly different username. Just done a search.

Driving is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went out for a drive about 2 hours after I calmed down of the excitement of passing :D It's strange going out on your own at first but you'll get used to it. Enjoy!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I did lol. I passed on 26th June 2007!!!

ONly just got back on here now, and slightly different username. Just done a search.

Driving is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

well done :D