Babies on planes

12346»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you travel on any form of public transport should you be able to travel in peace ?

We can't expect complete silence but if the noise ruins your journey and that means one person or child causing noise for an extended period and disturbing twenty passengers around them should that be allowed ?

It's really all about thinking about what you do and showing consideration for others.

Sadly showing consideration for others seems to be a dying art.

If I paid £400 to fly to New York I'd expect a pleasant journey and not a howling geet next to me for eight hours.
  • diddygirldiddygirl Posts: 4,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Infants flying is not an issue.

I think you'll find that was exactly the point the poster I was replying to was making - hence my reply.
    Crying infants flying is not an issue. The problems arise when the parents of crying infants do nothing to soothe said babies and expect everyone else to suffer.

This I agree with
  • martinamerlotmartinamerlot Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm flying to Amsterdam this weekend. I'm tense already thinking about this. The last few homeward bound flights I've been on have invariably sat me beside crying babies and babbling children, with similarly babbling parents mimicing their every shrill sound and expecting everyone else to think it's cute. 'Ba-BAAAH!', etc. :mad:

Being travel weary and sometimes hungover certainly doesn't help matters! Argh! :eek:
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prawn101 wrote: »
    The worst experience I had on a long haul was with a woman deciding to put her chair the full way back leaving my TV 6 inches away from my face. A good 5 minutes of kicking her elbows sorted that out for me :D:D:D

That happened to me. I was only 12 at the time but I was an UM, so only had to ask the hostess to get him to raise his chair. I could have given him a full facial massage he was that close to me :D