Options

When was the last time you stood in dog poo?

PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The man walking in front of me this morning stepped in some poo and skidded half the length of the pavement. It looked like he nearly dislocated his hip trying to stay on his feet.

This got me thinking, as you do.

It's been ages since I stood in dog poo. When I was a kid I stood in dog poo on a weekly basis. My mum would go mental when I walked it into the house, especially when I was wearing trainers with deep treads and you'd have to get a twig or something to clean it out.

Anyway, is there less poo around these days to stand in or is it because as a child I was less aware of the poo locations?

Comments

• Options
    *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    It's been ages, years since I stood in dog poo - I am always on the lookout for it - I had a bad experience with new Dr Marten boots and dog poo once, I never quite got over it.

My kids are always standing in it.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Children just don't look where they are going and so have a greater propensity to traipse dog shit around the house. Seemingly, they also have no sense of smell.
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few months ago, it must have come from grass that I'd walked over in my workplace car park. It make me gag so much trying to wash it off afterwards.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not stood in it but I put me finger in some on Sunday. I was out on my bike and my husband said "You've got dog poo on your tyre".

I have pristine, new, beautiful cream coloured Schwalbe tyres and I'm very proud of them.

"What poo, where?"

"Under the mudguard"

"That's not poo - it's a leaf!" And to prove my point and be triumphant I stuck my finger in it.

It was poo.
  • Options
    GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The chances of me standing in dog poo are directly proportional to the depth of the tread on my shoes, I find.
  • Options
    Skip_TechSkip_Tech Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you will find children are outside more walking and running in grassy areas, adults tend to stick to paved areas.

What has changed is the number of dogs roaming around without owners
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    Not stood in it but I put me finger in some on Sunday. I was out on my bike and my husband said "You've got dog poo on your tyre".

I have pristine, new, beautiful cream coloured Schwalbe tyres and I'm very proud of them.

"What poo, where?"

"Under the mudguard"

"That's not poo - it's a leaf!" And to prove my point and be triumphant I stuck my finger in it.

It was poo.

:)

You're lucky you had a mudguard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girth wrote: »
    The chances of me standing in dog poo are directly proportional to the depth of the tread on my shoes, I find.

You speak the truth.

How is it cleaned off though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    A couple of years.

I'm now paranoid about standing in dog poo so i'm constantly looking at the pavement

The pavements near me are covered in the stuff. I voted for a councilor a few years ago who promised to clean up our streets and parks of dog crap. Guess what.....it didn't happen.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't tread on dog eggs - I look where I'm going ! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't tread on dog eggs - I look where I'm going ! :)

But sometimes it's unavoidable.

During a football match on the local playing fields I remember executing a magnificent sliding tackle on the opposition teams star striker denying a certain goal. However, my trajectory took me through some animals toilet facility. Thank god for the shower block close by.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    But sometimes it's unavoidable.

During a football match on the local playing fields I remember executing a magnificent sliding tackle on the opposition teams star striker denying a certain goal. However, my trajectory took me through some animals toilet facility. Thank god for the shower block close by.

I'm an educated person. I have a good degree from a top university. I read books. I once watched Newsnight.

So why is this still funny to me, at my age?:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    It has been years, well for me anyway, Not that long for the o/h's mate. Not only did he step in it, he fell in :)
  • Options
    ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,855
    Forum Member
    It's worse when yr barefoot :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrewn wrote: »
    It's worse when yr barefoot :o

I usually save the barefoot honour for standing on slugs.
  • Options
    MindeeMindee Posts: 22,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once knew someone who used to take his dog for a walk to do it's business and purposely stood in "it" so that he didn't have to pick it up owing to it not being of a suitable form. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last Christmas. There was a massive yellow dog turd in the gutter outside my sister's house. I knew it was there, I knew its size and yet 4 days later I managed to step right into it getting out of the car.