Options

Help please - no sound or pictures on sagem freesat+

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
Forum Member
A weird one this, which is probably something really dumb...Afetr 3 weeks of perfect operation, I can no longer see pictures or get sound on my TV feed from my Sagem freesat box. The menu etc displays, program guide updates, signal/quality strength fine, but when I select a prog to view it shows the program details (name, % way through etc) but then blanks the screen. On BBC channels it tells me to press the red button, which duly displays those options. But I can't watch an actual program. Same on radio - it shows the "header" screen, but there's no sound. I did a factory reset and retuned all the channels, all 108 appearing in the program guide, but unable to watch anything. Any clues please?
(PS I found Sagem software so much better that Humax freesat equivalent - all that 'OPT+' nonsense when you want to delete a program you've just watched from the library. Is it just me or did Humax miss a trick when moving their s/w from the old PVC9200 to the new Freesat box?)

Comments

• Options
    brumlad36brumlad36 Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikehunt42 wrote: »
    A weird one this, which is probably something really dumb...Afetr 3 weeks of perfect operation, I can no longer see pictures or get sound on my TV feed from my Sagem freesat box. The menu etc displays, program guide updates, signal/quality strength fine, but when I select a prog to view it shows the program details (name, % way through etc) but then blanks the screen. On BBC channels it tells me to press the red button, which duly displays those options. But I can't watch an actual program. Same on radio - it shows the "header" screen, but there's no sound. I did a factory reset and retuned all the channels, all 108 appearing in the program guide, but unable to watch anything. Any clues please?
    (PS I found Sagem software so much better that Humax freesat equivalent - all that 'OPT+' nonsense when you want to delete a program you've just watched from the library. Is it just me or did Humax miss a trick when moving their s/w from the old PVC9200 to the new Freesat box?)

I have the Sagem DTR 94 series (PVR).
    The problem you describe sometimes happens to me if I've been using BBC iPlayer. You don't need to do a factory reset. Just unplug the box from the mains for 10 seconds, plug it back in, and all will be ok.

Chris.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Dohhh - works a treat. I should have tried the "big red button" treatment before I bothered you.
    Many thanks. Mike
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dohhh - works a treat. I should have tried the "big red button" treatment before I bothered you.
    Many thanks. Mike

Not a problem, Mike. You'll know what to do if it happens again. Glad I could be of help :)

Chris.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    So any word if this is going to be fixed in a software update at some point? My box failed to record eastenders tonight cos the hd channels have gone sound only. It's annoying to have to keep rebooting the box.
  • Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The easy way to do this is: Press GUIDE, Select the Watched Programme and Press OK as Normal then select DELETE and press OK - Its exactly the same number of key presses as playing a recording.
  • Options
    terryklterrykl Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    The easy way to do this is: Press GUIDE, Select the Watched Programme and Press OK as Normal then select DELETE and press OK - Its exactly the same number of key presses as playing a recording.

If the deletion instructions you have recently posted are for the Foxsat HDR,you seem to have got it wrong.
    When you press the GUIDE button it does exactly that it gives you the EPG,no option to delete the programme that you have just watched.
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the OP has only 108 channels there's likely something wrong with his dish alignment. The Freesat channel count for a non-london english postcode is 168 including the two iplayer channels. London postcodes add radio london.
  • Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terrykl wrote: »
    If the deletion instructions you have recently posted are for the Foxsat HDR,you seem to have got it wrong.
    When you press the GUIDE button it does exactly that it gives you the EPG,no option to delete the programme that you have just watched.

I should of looked at the remote - I should have said MEDIA and not GUIDE - select the program as if you were going to play it - and instead of selecting a play option just select "Delete a file"
  • Options
    White-KnightWhite-Knight Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You only need Opt+ when deleting a schedule or making multiple library deletes at the same time.

Any single saved programme you just navigate to, press select and a delete button appears in the list on screen along with the play options.

I also have to laugh when you say its so much better than the Humax but you have to reboot to get a picture!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wkw198 wrote: »
    So any word if this is going to be fixed in a software update at some point? My box failed to record eastenders tonight cos the hd channels have gone sound only. It's annoying to have to keep rebooting the box.

I would also like Sagem to fix this. I watched a programme via BBC iPlayer the other day. A power-off / power-on became necessary, but this time the box went back to "first time installation" mode. This caused me to lose all my non-Freesat channels, which then had to be re-tuned. The only benefit from this unwated total reboot is that the "Guide" populates much faster than it did previously. So some good did come out of it!

Chris.