Options

The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Good morning

The Rugby World Cup has started :D

A very large group of us piled into a friends house last night, lots of food, wine and a opening ceremony later ( with a very handsome prince harry, i might add :blush: )
    and we were off. But it was a awful match and a bad performance, but a win and a bonus point so not such a bad night :D

I,m hosting the next England Match, think i shall do a large chilli, not sure yet :D

well i,m going to have a read back
    hope all are good :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dan_Carter wrote: »
    Has anyone taken a look at John's instagram page lately? It might give u a clue what he has been up to.

Sorry i can't look
    i don't have instagram, but if you do find out anything , we would love to know :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    if you have seen Johns instagram page, then please tell us.

I don't have instagram. :-(

I never realised ants could be this destructive georgy. :-(

Just got back from getting a new bank card, the last one was damaged and eaten but why do some processes take so so long to sort out.?

me neither, but the decided to have a big get together in the outside control box :D

took out two camera's at the back of the property, very annoyed and another bloody bill :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    What an absolutely foul day and yesterday's wasn't much better.
    Could it rain any harder? At least the winds have died down. Hope the weather is better were you are. :)

Laptop update - yesterday it's files were backed up onto Cloud, Google drive and an external drive (just in case, belt and braces here) :D

Then my IT genius stripped it down and started again. When he left for work last night Windows 7 had just been re-installed.

When he got back this morning he put it back on and Windows had 129 updates to install!!! It was still installing when he woke just after 2pm.

Now it's about to install Windows 10. Just getting a little bit excited. :blush::D

I hope this works. :cool:

Good luck..... if it works ........ give your son a pat on the back from me :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    OMG :o:o:o

I have now bought some nematodes for the chafer grubs AND ants. Cost a small fortune I can tell you. I have sprayed every crevice and hole in the house. Put ant powder around the house and garage and keeping my fingers crossed I don't see them and they don't come in. How on earth did they get into the CCTV?

Pest controller next stop I think.

They attacked one of the outside control boxes , managed to take two camera's out, before we could stop them...... all sorted now ....... mended, treated and sprayed, just
    hoping its going to work now

those chafer grubs are a nightmare, all of these treatments are so expensive, let alone the
    repair costs :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Helloooooo, my first post on my laptop after major surgery..........and I don't want to shout to soon........but it works.........Whoopee :D:D:D

Got the new Windows 10 upgrade, really rather nice. Still finding my way around but all good so far. :cool::D

Yeah........... he can have his pat on the back and also three cheers from us

p.s good luck today You're playing Chelsea today i think ......:D
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    glad to hear about john james

well done on the computer lena, what is windows 10 like? my oh is threatening to install it for me as its free at the moment.

the rugby cup was .....interesting.....I have a family that loves watching as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    we went to see the film Legend, last night, the one with Tom Hardy. It wasn't exactly my choice, but my OH wanted to see it. Its an impressive film worth seeing if you get the chance. Tom Hardy plays both Kray twins Reggie and Ronnie, and the film is narrated by Reggies wife Frances . As its a story I didn't know much about its full of twists and turns.
    And although violent, it doesn't really glamourise or excuse it.
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Just listening to Dame Judi Dench on Desert Island Disks.

Your son is a genius Lena - wish I had him staying here.

Didn't buy the ant nematodes as all they do is move the ants to another place - inside?

Sad that Jackie Collins died. What a brave soul.

Decided not to see WALK IN THE WOODS. The reviews have been AWFUL!!!

I watched part of the England match (turned over to watch RESISTANCE which is so sad, but so well done). They do need to eliminate so many mistakes. I also watched the Japan/South Africa match - incredible!!!!

Hmm - must try and access John's Twitter - I keep going to the wrong site somehow.

I'm making two kilos of beef casserole today to freeze and have tonight. O/H is replacing wood and staining the windows and doors - he reckons he has 20 hrs of work.

Must get going - need to book a break for us.

Take care
  • Options
    Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning

The Rugby World Cup has started :D

A very large group of us piled into a friends house last night, lots of food, wine and a opening ceremony later ( with a very handsome prince harry, i might add :blush: )
    and we were off. But it was a awful match and a bad performance, but a win and a bonus point so not such a bad night :D

I,m hosting the next England Match, think i shall do a large chilli, not sure yet :D

well i,m going to have a read back
    hope all are good :D

As I've already admitted I know just about nothing when it comes to rugby, but I love the idea of rugby parties......what a great idea.
    Harry is rather easy on the eye :blush::D looks well after his trip to Africa.

PS. Sorry to hear about those wretched ants. I too had know idea they could be so destructive. Thought they saved their munching for the plants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glad to hear about john james

well done on the computer lena, what is windows 10 like? my oh is threatening to install it for me as its free at the moment.

the rugby cup was .....interesting.....I have a family that loves watching as well

It's all good so far, very fast. Mine is the free upgrade, worth a try. Still getting used to it as the screen layout and start menu is a bit different. Because I have a Microsoft phone, son set up a OneDrive account for me. I can now access stuff from laptop such as photos, videos, documents etc on phone, very useful. :)

Mind you this poor old brain struggles to understand what the heck he's on about half the time. I need a few more lessons when he has a bit of free time. :blush::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we went to see the film Legend, last night, the one with Tom Hardy. It wasn't exactly my choice, but my OH wanted to see it. Its an impressive film worth seeing if you get the chance. Tom Hardy plays both Kray twins Reggie and Ronnie, and the film is narrated by Reggies wife Frances . As its a story I didn't know much about its full of twists and turns.

An old neighbour of ours went to school with them. He said you didn't cross them even in the infants they made you nervous. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Didn't buy the ant nematodes as all they do is move the ants to another place - inside?

I watched part of the England match (turned over to watch RESISTANCE which is so sad, but so well done). They do need to eliminate so many mistakes. I also watched the Japan/South Africa match - incredible!!!!

Hmm - must try and access John's Twitter - I keep going to the wrong site somehow.

I'm making two kilos of beef casserole today to freeze and have tonight. O/H is replacing wood and staining the windows and doors - he reckons he has 20 hrs of work.

Take care

Oh darn, I missed that. Wonder if it's available on iplayer. Love Dame Judy.
    Last Christmas sons family bought me the dvd box set of A Fine Romance, in which she starred alongside her husband Michael Williams. She looks so young. I see it's now being shown on the Drama channel. :)

Was hoping it was going to be good, I'm a huge fan of Robert Redford.

Going to watch Downtown Abbey in a minute, just put kettle on first and set up the ironing board. Doc Martin later. :D

Enjoy your evening everyone. xx :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Son went to see this with his girlfriend,
    they really enjoyed it , thought Tom Hardy's performance was very good :D

i would like to see it but i,m not very good with violence

evening all just catching up now :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As I've already admitted I know just about nothing when it comes to rugby, but I love the idea of rugby parties......what a great idea.
    Harry is rather easy on the eye :blush::D looks well after his trip to Africa.

PS. Sorry to hear about those wretched ants. I too had know idea they could be so destructive. Thought they saved their munching for the plants.

its great fun .......... so far i have 25 coming on Sat.........but its not such hard work because everyone has a dish to bring so all i,m doing is a large chilli :D
    salads and desserts are up to someone else :D

then the next match, we just move to the next house :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Take care

and what a match to watch Nyannie, very exciting and what a shock

very sad about Jackie collins ..... her poor family :(

did you manage to book a break ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    georgy I love the idea of a massive rugby party, what great fun!

At last its a sunny day here, I have been feeling so gloomy with all the rain.

I need to get out more, there are times I feel like I need to give myself a massive shake up and just get on with things a bit more.

Maybe I will try the latest windows 10. I don't have a connected phone though, I get too scared about security, and the cost of it all. I worked out how much we spent on phones the other day and its almost ridiculous how much it all costs if I add everything together!!
  • Options
    Dan_CarterDan_Carter Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Did John delete his instagram again?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan_Carter wrote: »
    Did John delete his instagram again?

Yes seems he has Dan......not that you could see anything......unless you had asked to follow. :cool:

Had a little search around......if you put in a search for 'Leafylangy on Instagram' a page comes up with a few pictures and a video of John and friend having a little 'shoulder shuffle'. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning, hope you're all well, a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky. :D
    They're promising a fine few days, :) what a relief after all that heavy rain.

Looks as though everyone is busy. Still battling with flat pack furniture here.....I've got a large chest :blush:.....(let me finish) :D.....of drawers that's been sitting in the lounge all week waiting for the last five drawers to be put together, and another two boxes of bedside tables to do.
    O/h is going to be busy today, bless him. :p

The garden's gone mad as well.
    The trees have grown back all that we chopped off in the spring and more....all this flipping rain that does it. >:( I reckon we're going to have to cut another eight to ten feet off that bl**dy eucalyptus. :o

Anyway another big weekend of sport.......England v Wales in the rugby.....how's that Chilli coming along georgy?? :D

Japanese Grand Prix.....lets hope it's not another snooze fest....like the last few have been. So glad I never wasted the money on putting Sports onto my Sky package....F1 needs a serious overhaul.....bring back proper racing instead of all this artificial overtaking and pop pop engines. Rant over. :p

Arsenal away to Leicester tomorrow .....battling for fourth in the premiership. Never thought I'd be saying that after Leicester's form last season.

Have a good weekend whatever you're doing. Looking forward to clear skies and a good view of the lunar eclipse. :)
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    I refuse to discuss the rugby!:cry::cry::cry:

Made a really yummy dinner - slow-cooked roast lamb and French-style flagelot beans. O/H wolfed it down - a Barefooot Contessa recipe (aka Ina Garten). Very good!

It does appear John has deleted instagram - honestly, if he doesn't want people to look, don't put an account up. That man is full of contradictions! Still support him though.

We have booked a few days away in Wales. A place we've gone to many times. Not too far either.

Have decided to get our en suite bathroom done. This means no holiday for the next two years - still, it will be great to have it.

Off to bed. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
  • Options
    Dan_CarterDan_Carter Posts: 110
    Forum Member

Made a really yummy dinner - slow-cooked roast lamb and French-style flagelot beans. O/H wolfed it down - a Barefooot Contessa recipe (aka Ina Garten). Very good!

It does appear John has deleted instagram - honestly, if he doesn't want people to look, don't put an account up. That man is full of contradictions! Still support him though.

We have booked a few days away in Wales. A place we've gone to many times. Not too far either.

Have decided to get our en suite bathroom done. This means no holiday for the next two years - still, it will be great to have it.

Hes an enigma, thats for sure
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We lost :cry:
    in the last 10 mins
    stupid mistakes and just not thinking >:(

but the party went well,
    lets just say ........ there was a lot of drowning ones sorrows :blush:
    and a few rude rugby songs....... sang very badly :D

just going to read back........ then i think i might have a little lie down, after all
    things have now stopped spinning :D

hope all are having a good weekend, and lets pray for a major upset a aussie
    lost today is much needed ;-) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes seems he has Dan......not that you could see anything......unless you had asked to follow. :cool:

Had a little search around......if you put in a search for 'Leafylangy on Instagram' a page comes up with a few pictures and a video of John and friend having a little 'shoulder shuffle'. :D

lol dare i say it....... but i think he might of found........ just a little rhythm :p
  • Options
    Forum Member

yum thats sounds lovely Nyannie

i love Wales ..... just not right now....... lol ;-)

sounds like a lovely get away :D