Millband threatend by NI journalist. "we will make it personal"

2»

Comments

• broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which Lib Dem Mp was it that was outed in the tabloids a few months after asking difficult questions to Brooks?

:)

Shes been gunning for Bryant for a while. Ross Kemp told her off for making homophobic remarks to him at a party.

As for the email.Do you need any more proof that NI wont change its spots.
  • cupoteacupotea Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    The PM has no more juridisction over the HR decisions of a London Borough Council than he does over NI.

You're merely supporting his support for his mate.

It's not about jurisdiction, and it's not about any partisan taking of sides. It's about what's appropriate constitutionally.
  • nothing on tvnothing on tv Posts: 5,044
    Forum Member
    Shes been gunning for Bryant for a while. Ross Kemp told her off for making homophobic remarks to him at a party.

Bryant is Labour, maybe you mean Oaten
  • clinchclinch Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which email?
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sensoria wrote: »
    Looks like standing up to Murdoch is going to either make or break Milliband certainly it shows he is a leader with courage.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jul/08/ed-miliband-broken-omerta-old-monster?cat=commentisfree&type=article
    How could an NI journalist make it personal? Maybe if Milliband was in the Post Office queue, the NI journalist could push in front of him, to cash his/her Giro? ;)
  • bokononbokonon Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    The PM has no more juridisction over the HR decisions of a London Borough Council than he does over NI.

You're merely supporting his support for his mate.

I think it has been the right wing journalist Peter Oborne who has pointed to the awfulness of the Chipping Norton set:

David Cameron, Brookes, Matthew Freud, Elisabeth Murdoch and Jeremy Clarkson. I know one shouldnt exaggerate but I think I would rather gnaw through my own leg than have dinner with that gang. But they are I suppose in a hell of their own making so there you go....

EDIT: And before somebody else points it out I know I wasnt invited any way...
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt he has much to lose - News International already hate him and I doubt any aspect of his life has been colourful enough for him to be concerned about publication.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those bosem bodies of the Naughties, News International and Labour going toe to toe in an all out battle to destroy each other. It's like a wet dream.

I some of the rot in other parties and papers gets burned out as well then so much the better. Start splashing those dirty little secrets and let the good times roll.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    I doubt he has much to lose - News International already hate him and I doubt any aspect of his life has been colourful enough for him to be concerned about publication.

Cruel but probably close to the truth.;)
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those bosem bodies of the Naughties, News International and Labour going toe to toe in an all out battle to destroy each other. It's like a wet dream.

I some of the rot in other parties and papers gets burned out as well then so much the better. Start splashing those dirty little secrets and let the good times roll.

It will interesting to see if Murdoch goes after the government or has Cameron done enough to appease Uncle Rupert? I imagine if the BskyB deal doesn't go through as promised the gloves will come off.
  • jswift909jswift909 Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure Brooks will be dumped quite soon.

She's doing an excellent job right now - she is soaking up large amounts of hate from the general public and politicians and members of the press ... it's a really great strategy (assuming it actually is their strategy).

The hate has to go somewhere, and Murdoch has managed to channel a great deal of it in to Brooks.

When she has soaked up as much as they think she's good for Murdoch will fire her - probably Daddy Murdoch, and she'll leave and take the hate with her. I think they hope she will be associated with much of the bad stuff, and when she leaves the public will feel she has taken it with her.

It's time to find out who has the biggest balls. The UK government and general public, or Murdoch.

But for those left behind, some will also certainly want a great deal of revenge - which is obviously why politicians fear them. But politicians, the PM, Ed Miliband, they all need to be brave.

As Polly Toynbee suggests allowing Murdoch to get his hands on any more of Sky will now be impossible unless Cameron wants all that hate to come his way.

There is also now no possibility of self-regulation of the press and a new regulator needs to be put in place immediately, to try to restore some confidence.

And it might be advisable if Cameron was "unavailable" if Rupert Murdoch or his idiots try to make contact. No more dinner parties with the sewer rats.
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the Murdoch Empire lives on and helps to transform the tired British Press that we currently have. The less power the likes of The Guardian and BBC have the better.