Explosion at Boston Marathon

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Anyone got a live link for CNN?

http://www.stream2watch.me/live-tv/cnn-live-stream
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    The BBC have said they have lived in America over 10 years.
  • finkfink Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamerlan Tsarnaev said this two months ago on a youtube video. Who can translate it?

"Ti ne Mikaeil bolshe a Misha kakim i bil do Islama. Ti prinyal shiism ne iz za togo chto on tebya ubezhdaet,a iz za svoih strastei, i interesov(o kotorih znaet lish Allah) kotorim ti posledoval. Ti kak vvoshel v Islam tak iz nego i viletel.Ti predal samogo sebya Misha. Ladno davai dosvidaniya. "

"Our Michael's a bolshie bastard, and our Misha has joined that cack Islam. I bought some pringles and some sherbert to go on the bus upstairs. The view was very nice. I am interested (o god I'm going to sneeze Allah!) in pedestals. This cack thing called Islam talks to negros in villas. The pretzels and sherbet are for Misha. Lads, Dave says goodbye"
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    CNN's "live" feed is on a delay so they can filter anything inappropriate or violent i.e. the interesting stuff.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,490
    Forum Member
    If he is in the building, he must know its game over
  • DixDix Posts: 78,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's been shown on CNN isn't live, and on a time delay, so the male reporter said
  • Amnesia HazeAmnesia Haze Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swat team gonna level the house
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Fox News on a delay?
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Dix wrote: »
    What's been shown on CNN isn't live, and on a time delay, so the male reporter said

What's the point in having live rolling news if it's not live :mad:
    Forum Member
    Is CNN interviewee Irish or is that just the Boston accent?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    humanracer wrote: »
    I am sure Putin will offer to assist the USA in "dealing" with Chechnya

He's had the assistance of the US since 9/11 since he, along with several other regimes, convinced the US that all uppity Muslims were part of one great AQ conspiracy and hence enemies of the US

Just proves the old adage that if you repeat a lie long enough it becomes the truth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boxer Tsarnev

http://johanneshirn.photoshelter.com/gallery/Will-Box-For-Passport/G0000VQW7v6xWA7o

Police have identified Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, as the "black hat" bombing suspect, killed during the manhunt that followed. Readers have pointed out that Johannes Hirn made Tsarnaev the subject of a photo essay, "Will Box for Passport," taken before the boxer competed at National Golden Gloves competition in Salt Lake City. The captions give us a micro-profile of the suspect.

Tamerlan, who studies at Bunker Hill Community College in Boston and wants to become an engineer, took the semester off from school to train for the competition.
    Tamerlan fled Chechnya with his family because of the conflict in the early 90s, and lived for years in Kazakhstan before getting to the United States as a refugee.
    Originally from Chechnya, but living in the United States since five years, Tamerlan says: "I don't have a single American friend, I don't understand them."
    If he wins enough fights... Tamerlan says he could be selected for the US Olympic team and be naturalized American. Unless his native Chechnya becomes independent, Tamerlan says he would rather compete for the United States than for Russia.
    Tamerlan says he doesn't drink or smoke anymore: "God said no alcohol." A muslim, he says: "There are no values anymore," and worries that "people can't control themselves."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/04/19/tamerlan_tsarnaev_dead_bombing_suspect_i_don_t_have_a_single_american_friend.html
  • slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    If the reports from Russia Today are accurate, and they grew up in Chechyna and Dagestan, I suspect the Internet had little to do with their radicalization. Both of these regions are plagued with ultra-violent Islamic separatist groups, and attract Jihadist volunteers from across the Arabic world.

That's not entirely true the region is somewhat stable these days. Even attracting tourism Van Dam and other celebs have visited Chechnya. They have a booming fashion industry too. Funnily enough I watched a one hour film on Russia Today and we're talking about how it's changed a lot over the years. There my be a link to the film on the RT Site.

It's not so raging hot bed of extremism these days. Doesn't mean to say there aren't any cells there cooking things up.

To me it seems more so these kids had become radicalized and disaffected. Likely when they were in America and aren't linked to any jihadist movements. Otherwise they would have claimed responsibility and made clear their motives.

These guys seem to be chancers and too a very dangerous gamble which paid off.
    Forum Member
    That's a strange-looking cove on BBC.
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the point in having live rolling news if it's not live :mad:

It's only a couple of seconds so it can be cut away from anything before it's broadcast.
  • DixDix Posts: 78,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    That woman on CNN is awful

She's just panicking, poor thing.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    GJaneway69 wrote: »
    That's a very good point actually, it's still funny tho that the BBC had a penis on screen at 8 in the morning lol :D

Yeah I thought Eamonn worked for Sky at that time.:confused:
    Forum Member
    Looking for an associate alongside suspect number 2, according to woman on CNN
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    humanracer wrote: »
    I am sure Putin will offer to assist the USA in "dealing" with Chechnya

They recently had a big fire at one of the new showcase buildings in Grozny I wonder if there's any link.:o

http://www.businessinsider.com/grozny-city-skyscraper-on-fire-2013-4
    Forum Member
    Whose house are they surrounding? I guess the suspect's, but do they think he's inside?
  • stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    CNN have cut away from the house. Any other network still on it?
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whose house are they surrounding? I guess the suspect's, but do they think he's inside?

It could be an innocent Bostonian whose house he got into, it may explain why they're being very cagey about going in.
This discussion has been closed.