Anne Kirkbride dies aged 60 - Deidre Barlow

124»

Comments

• Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Indeed. I hugely respect both of these women and how they faced death. Everyone's different. Some want to go out in a blaze, others quietly and without fuss. Does either have to be right or wrong?

No it doesn't; I suppose I feel uncomfortable with people who want everyone to see them at their worst. I can't understand it and therefore thought it was not right. I have to apologise to anyone who was offended by my post.
  • Options
    Ann_TennaAnn_Tenna Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    I remember all the storylines involving Deirdre that other members have mentioned.

Just adored watching her with Blanche.

I'm sure that her co-workers are deeply saddened by her passing, and shocked, just as we are.

I'm going to miss Anne Kirkbride. I feel so badly for her family and friends. Gone far too soon. :(
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She died peacefully in her sleep apparently, thankfully (without pain)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/6281810/Corrie-Bills-heartbreak-Farewell-vigil-at-Deirdres-bedside.html

The way everyone wants to die. Just fade into a dream and never wake up..
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to think Deirdre Barlow was hilarious and it was a real shocker when I heard on Chris Evans yesterday morning what had happened. I haven't kept up with Corrie as much as usual over the last 3 or so months and remember posting and asking why she wasn't at Tracy's wedding (I only saw one episode of that).

However - no disrespect meant at all - this is taking on Lynda Bellingham proportions in the media. It's different though because she kept it all so private.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it doesn't; I suppose I feel uncomfortable with people who want everyone to see them at their worst. I can't understand it and therefore thought it was not right. I have to apologise to anyone who was offended by my post.

I don't think your post was 'offensive', teresa, and don't see why you should apologise for your view on it. Personally, I was just stating that people choose to deal with dying differently and I guess each to their own perspective. :)
  • Options
    jake_moore08jake_moore08 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Sad news! Such a young age as well! RIP Anne x
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No more stuffed marrow, chain belts or Ken Do Something!!

It was a right bloody shock.
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I don't think your post was 'offensive', teresa, and don't see why you should apologise for your view on it. Personally, I was just stating that people choose to deal with dying differently and I guess each to their own perspective. :)

Thank you.x
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont wish to seem nasty but I think the fuss today on NTAs is overblown(not walking red carpet,reading out tributes). There wasnt such fuss when Bill Tarmey(Jack Duckworth)died,and he'd been on the show 30 years when he died.

What does refusing red carpet have to do with honoring her? I bet they dont refuse the free food and drink afterwards.
  • Options
    Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    Dont wish to seem nasty but I think the fuss today on NTAs is overblown(not walking red carpet,reading out tributes). There wasnt such fuss when Bill Tarmey(Jack Duckworth)died,and he'd been on the show 30 years when he died.

What does refusing red carpet have to do with honoring her? I bet they dont refuse the free food and drink afterwards.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that this has been a sudden and shocking death and the last thing the grieving cast members want to do is walk through a press pit who will be all targeting them specifically. Even by saying a few kind words about Anne to reporters must be upsetting, so I can see why they didn't.

Have a heart.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »

Anne was younger than Bill and her death does seem a lot more sudden - she was still working on the show up until four months ago. The cast expected her to be coming back.

Bill had already left and retired, although that isn't to say his loss wasn't felt equally so.
  • Options
    Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been watching the Barlows at A A meeting clip, probably my favourite scene with Dierdre and Blanche. RIP
  • Options
    Adam FirstAdam First Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    R.I.P to one of the best characters on Corrie.

Such a shame.
  • Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame she never got to have more screen time with ken. We can blame that person that made up those lies about him being a kiddy fidler for that one!
  • Options
    Ann_TennaAnn_Tenna Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    I've been watching the Barlows at A A meeting clip, probably my favourite scene with Dierdre and Blanche. RIP

YES! That is a classic; my favourite as well! :D
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    I wonder how they're going to write Anne out of the show. Does anyone know?

I hope they don't do a 'Ken when he was off the show' with her and pretend she's out the back having a **** or up the Red Wreck walking Eccles for months on end. It was funny(ish) with Ken to have him upstairs listening to classical music and then suddenly transported to Canada to excuse his absence, but they can't do this with Deirdre.

I hope they figure out a good way to say goodbye to such an iconic member of the cast.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's always good to see an iconic soap star get a fitting ending. I'm sure they'll do Anne Kirkbride justice, although there'll be no 'easy' way to write her out, especially as it cannot be done by drawing upon her interactions with other characters (i.e. Roy/ Hayley, Jack/Vera). Ironic that this also happened with Blanche.

Am still greatly saddened by how sudden it all was, even if those behind the scenes knew what was to come but respect her for keeping it private and doing things the way she wanted, just as I did Lynda Bellingham for going in a different direction. Delighted they're doing a memorial celebration for Anne in May.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TTTV wrote: »

I came on to post about this.

I bet there will be a huge turn out for it.