Dredd (2012)

Comments

• floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    I've been critical of the uniform but this new image looks wonderful. And Karl Urban really looks the part!

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/533120_379859928739178_1268126819_n.jpg

That's the best image I've seen. :) If the film matches up to that look it could be interesting. :) I just hope the storyline - sort of Die Hard ish - is not too generic.
  • N3dSt4rkN3dSt4rk Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Scrubber wrote: »
    This should never have been re-done.

Re-done? Like the Stallone movie was any good.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Stone_Jones and Floppy123 are same person who post too many negative posts about Dredd on many forums.
    Forum Member
    Nah, I'm not that guy but I did date Stone's sister, Pebble Jones.
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    floopy123 wrote: »

That's the best image I've seen. :) If the film matches up to that look it could be interesting. :) I just hope the storyline - sort of Die Hard ish - is not too generic.

It has the same plot as The Raid, and that didn't have much of plot.
    Forum Member
    It has the same plot as The Raid, and that didn't have much of plot.

Yes, the plots of Dredd and The Raid are identical. Both plots involve the hero trapped in a tower block, going up various levels in order to beat the main bad guy. As a fan of 2000AD, been reading it for decades, it's very disappointing to know the new, so called 'faithful' Judge Dredd film has a plot that's the same as a foreign action film and also has elements very similar to Die Hard. Was that the best Alex Garland, the screenwriter of Dredd, could come up with? He had hundreds of Judge Dredd stories to be inspired by and he comes up with Die Hard/The Raid! :rolleyes: The guy has zero imagination. Just think what John Wagner - the creator/writer of Judge Dredd - could have delivered!

Anyway, the trailer might look cool so I'll try to keep positive-ish. :)
    Forum Member
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member

You've missed out this guy
    Forum Member
    Well there is no Dredd trailer attached to the US screenings of Prometheus. The guy who claimed it - some person on IMDB - has apologized.

"Sorry guys. I really am.

The person who relayed the information to me had in fact seen a cut of the trailer, and large parts of the movie to boot, and the intention at the time was indeed to attach the trailer to Prometheus. What happened since I do not know.

As much as I'd like to tell you who told me and thus why I was so sure, I can't. If I even hint at it, it will take anyone in the know browsing this mere minutes to find out who this might be, and end that persons career. I'm not having that, so it's all on me.

Sorry again. If I do get another heads up or advance notice or something, I'll keep it to myself. "

Yes, please do keep it to yourself. :rolleyes: I was really looking forward to seeing the trailer and now it's not happening. I'm pretty sure Dredd is a stinker - why else keep delaying the trailer and no poster and no official film site? Still, it might be a fun to watch 'stinker'. :D
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, please do keep it to yourself. :rolleyes: I was really looking forward to seeing the trailer and now it's not happening. I'm pretty sure Dredd is a stinker - why else keep delaying the trailer and no poster and no official film site? Still, it might be a fun to watch 'stinker'. :D

This, in this day and age, is very unusual is it not ?
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Stone_Jones and Floppy123 are same person who post too many negative posts about Dredd on many forums.
    As soon as I saw Stone_Jone's post I thought that Floopy had been banned and come back with another name, the tone in the obsessive Dredd posts was identical as was the desire to put up their home-made images.

Then Floopy posted again and I douted my intuition :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    2000Ad's John Wagner, the creator/writer of Judge Dredd post it on his Facebook today;

I went up to London yesterday to see the completed Dredd film. I've had reservations about certain aspects of it, and made them plain to the team at DNA. All but one of them - a little quibble at the beginning - have been addressed. And what a lot they've added. Music is on the button. SFX are excellent. Filming is impressive. I've not seen a modern 3-D movie before but I like it. I found myself reaching out trying to touch things that were dancing before my eyes. Karl is a great Dredd and Olivia gets Anderson completely. This is Dredd as it should be done - true to character, visceral, unrelentingly violent (but not off-puttingly so). It will open, I believe, sometime in September. No doubt you'll let me know what you think when you've seen it, but this has my recommendation.

It will be out in September!

Wowzers, that's some endorsement. Kinda like Alan Moorse giving The Watchmen movie the bigthumbyup. (ish)
    Forum Member
    Amazing wide screen image of Mega-City 1 - taken from the new Dredd film:

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads//2012/06/Dreddimage_2_big.jpg?d58414

The skyline and blocks - so wonderful. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    N3dSt4rk wrote: »
    Re-done? Like the Stallone movie was any good.

The Stallone version visually was spot on, but that was about it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads//2012/06/Dreddimage_2_big.jpg?d58414

not bad, feeling a bit better now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is the thing though for me, what little we have seen does look good. Yet we have seen so little that you just wonder if the makers have that much faith in there product. We dont want to see trailers that spoil everything to the nth degree (yes Prometheus I am looking at you) but for a film that it our 'soon' to have so little out there is just unusual.
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That doesn't look like Mega-City 1 to me. That looks like a normal city, with a few slightly odd shaped office blocks in it.

Mega City should be densly packed, massive 100+ storey buildings with walkways all over the place. There's far too much sky in that picture for my liking.
    Forum Member
    My sort of fan-art poster on Dredd

http://i.imgur.com/UpTqR.jpg?1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trailer coming Thursday apparently to machinima.com.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SXTony wrote: »
    That doesn't look like Mega-City 1 to me. That looks like a normal city, with a few slightly odd shaped office blocks in it.

Mega City should be densly packed, massive 100+ storey buildings with walkways all over the place. There's far too much sky in that picture for my liking.

^maybe the photo is taken from, like, the 100th floor. :D
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    Trailer coming Thursday apparently to machinima.com.

Hope so. I'm starting to suspect that this film hasn't actually been made.
  • Stone_JonesStone_Jones Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Yes, it's official, trailer is released this Thursday. Should be on Youtube and Itunes not long after that other site has the exclusive.

Well this is very exciting news. I hope it looks okay. I have mixed feelings about this film but if the trailer looks good I'll be happy to say so and promote it around the internet. :)
    Forum Member
    Yes, it's official, trailer is released this Thursday. Should be on Youtube and Itunes not long after that other site has the exclusive.

Well this is very exciting news. I hope it looks okay. I have mixed feelings about this film but if the trailer looks good I'll be happy to say so and promote it around the internet. :)

Bollocks, Scott! you post too many negatives posts about Dredd every forums, even you banned from many forums! Also he is floppy123, sad person.
  • Stone_JonesStone_Jones Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    I would never believe a goat, even a talking goat! :p