I'm going to lose my job

OK Then!!!OK Then!!! Posts: 4,614
Forum Member
✭✭✭
First day back at work today after a lengthy break and I have been informed that I am to lose my current job in changes to our team. The management are having a refresh and I have been told that I will not be part of the new team in my current capacity, though I may rejoin the team in a later date with a reduced role.

Very disapointed, but at the same time looking forward to my redundancy money.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good luck!
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    I was in a similar situation last March. I was told that my team was being significantly downsized due to budget constraints but luckily I was redeployed into another area of the business so I still had a job (even if I do hate my job at the moment). You have my sympathy.
  • The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    Perhaps your attitude towards the unemployed might change now that you've become one of us.
  • PopadopalousPopadopalous Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps your attitude towards the unemployed might change now that you've become one of us.

If there is no jobs available then make one. :)
  • OK Then!!!OK Then!!! Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in a similar situation last March. I was told that my team was being significantly downsized due to budget constraints but luckily I was redeployed into another area of the business so I still had a job (even if I do hate my job at the moment). You have my sympathy.

Thanks. I have acknowledged how hard it is on this forum for job seekers for some time now and sympathised with the unemployment situation. Didn't think i would find myself int his situation.

I have been the heart and soul of my work place for over 20 years and will be sorely missed. But overall, looking forward to new challenges.
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Well to quote the film Castaway, "You gotta keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise and who knows what the tide will bring". I love that monologue from that film.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well to quote the film Castaway, "You gotta keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise and who knows what the tide will bring". I love that monologue from that film.

True. I also may have found work as a mystery shopper surveying supermarkets and restaurants.
  • karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is either karma or a windup. You wasn't very sympathetic to the unemployed, the other day at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is either karma or a windup. You wasn't very sympathetic to the unemployed, the other day at all.

Incorrect. I was unsympathetic to unemploye dpeople who laze about, take benefits and refuse decent work offers.
  • danletodanleto Posts: 2,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karma really is an asshole. Oh well, enjoy it.

(If this isn't a wind up. ;))
  • karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK Then!!! wrote: »
    Incorrect. I was unsympathetic to unemploye dpeople who laze about, take benefits and refuse decent work offers.

Well give it a little while and then people will be putting you in that pigeon hole too.
  • mildredhubblemildredhubble Posts: 6,447
    Forum Member
    Convenient - WUM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Convenient - WUM

Certainly isn't convenient for me.
    Forum Member
    I'm sure it will be.

You're going to get a shock as to how much you are not entitled to!
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

Define 'decent'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    First day back at work today after a lengthy break and I have been informed that I am to lose my current job in changes to our team. The management are having a refresh and I have been told that I will not be part of the new team in my current capacity, though I may rejoin the team in a later date with a reduced role.

Very disapointed, but at the same time looking forward to my redundancy money.

With all the threads you have posted in where you slated the unemployed as lazy, work shy and only unemployed because they made themselves that way and must have been made redundant or sacked because they were rubbish, it's a kind of poetic justice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Thanks. I have acknowledged how hard it is on this forum for job seekers for some time now and sympathised with the unemployment situation. Didn't think i would find myself int his situation.

I have been the heart and soul of my work place for over 20 years and will be sorely missed. But overall, looking forward to new challenges.

No you haven't. In the last thread you said if you were made unemployed then it was your own fault.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Aldi and Lidl for you! Your attitude toward the unemployed was shocking. I don't believe this thread is real so that's why I am being less than charitable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OK Then!!!
    With the expense of christmas hitting families hard and the high street, should we cut back JSA or make it tougher to claim?

I bet you don't want it tougher now do you. I'm usually not one for kicking people when their down but yah... direct.gov.uk is where you can put your claim in to. :)
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe start hiring out Great Aunt Josephine to make a bit of extra cash?
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you will now see first hand the trouble it is to fi nd a job in this economy
    Forum Member
    I also thought that if there is a restructure there has to be a consultation .. something here doesn't ring true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also thought that if there is a restructure there has to be a consultation .. something here doesn't ring true.

He claims to work at the post office and will receive a 6 figure redundancy payment.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=55652141&postcount=13

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=55547654&postcount=23
  • SpoonfedVomitSpoonfedVomit Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karma... like a brick in the face
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And also claimed back in late 2010 that he had made no contributions to his pension and didn't know what National Insurance was. In fact, he said that he didn't have a job at all, but then contradicted that. Some extracts from the thread in question:
    Worried about my pension

As I approach my mid fiftes, I am worried about my pension. To my knowledge, Ive made no contribution towards my pension. Should I be worried?
    c4rv wrote: »
    Yes,

Do you work, do you have a work pension ?

Have you been paying national insurance ?
    No on both counts. What is national insurance?
    i do work, no work pension, no ni
    Make what sense of that you can. How could it be that someone in his mid-fifties, and supposedly working for the Post Office, wouldn't know what National Insurance was?

ETA: But then just a few days ago he posted this:
    I have a brilliant public sector pension. I also would love to be made redudant (which may sound strange), but i would get around 100k if i were to be and that money would go towards my retirement.

I have several pension schemes on top of my public sector one, but overall, I am not that bothered about retirement. I will stop work when i don't wish to work anymore, which may be 60s, 70s or even 80s.