Options

The Walking Dead S3 (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Not sure Daryl would agree with that!:D

I sort of agree about Andrea though - all Michone did was give her dirty looks and say there was something not right about Woodbury - but she never gave any details or anything to Andrea. And to be honest - if all I'd known of Woodbury and the Governor was what I'd seen - I'd have stayed in Woodbury too!

I don't know much about guns but the distance Andrea was from Daryl, up on the RV, I'd say she was an excellent shot.

I've said this before about the show. I think people need someone to hate like they hated Lori. All Andrea is trying to do is survive and hold onto a shred of humanity in an impossible situation. She could just side with the Governor because she didn't really fit in with Rick's group and they basically abandoned her, yet she's trying her best to prevent this argument turning into a war.
  • Options
    mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    If Michonne thought that Woodbury was such a dark and evil place, why didn't she try to inform Andrea of this? She just stood there giving her attitude like "it's my way or the highway".

Michonne is taciturn. But Andrea had all winter long to get to know, understand and trust her. She either couldn't or wouldn't articulate her fears about Woodbury to your satisfaction, but the fact she was determined to leave what she believed was an unsafe place should have been enough for Andrea, given her experiences with her protector, Michonne. Indeed, it was enough for her all winter long. It would have been enough for me. Although being taken to Woodbury at gun point was a bit of a clue.

Also, if Michonne thought Woodbury was so rotten, why would she leave her good friend there to potentially end up as one of the walkers in the cages?

Michonne couldn't force her to leave. Reverse your question and ask why Andrea chose to break their agreement (to leave together) and let Michonne go out to the wilderness alone, after all she had done for her?

Knowledge is power and Michonne withheld valuable information from her "friend" Andrea, yet people are acting like Andrea knew all this stuff about the governor all along and she didn't.

We now know Michonne believed Andrea was hot for the Governor from the minute they met. This belief may have added to her reluctance to trash talk him to Andrea.

He's a very charismatic character, unlike the one we've seen in the books. Who was just insane.

Andrea gave away a trusted and faithful friend, for the chance of a shag with a complete stranger. There are women the world over who sell out their friends for men, but just because it's commonplace doesn't make it right, or mean that I approve (FWIW).
    I highly doubt Michonne was solely responsible for Andreas survival during the winter months either. Okay, she clearly looked after her when she was sick, but Andrea has managed to kill walkers with a pocket knife, a screwdriver and lets not forget she is an excellent shot (which is more than can be said for Michonne).

You can "highly doubt" what you want, but I'm trusting what we have actually been shown. If the producers wanted to dilute our sense of Andrea's dependency on Michonne, they would have shown us something else. I don't care how proficient Andrea is with whatever weapons, I'm more concerned with her character flaws.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is how you dress appropriately in an apocalypse. There needs to be more of it.
  • Options
    Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It shows what a truely f'cked up place the world is & how f'cked up the people are - and NOT because of the walkers.
    Well, that kind of ties into the theory that the title "The Walking Dead" actually refers to the survivors rather than the zombies...

Anyway, agree with (mostly) everyone who thinks this was a great episode, despite the fact that it was effectively a filler that didn't progress the plot at all ("Rick & Michonne replenish their weapons supply at Rick's old station house" could've been a 2-minute scene or even happened off-camera), so kudos to the writers for taking some time out for character development...

And I wonder if that backpack might actually hold something integral to the plot going forward? (Not a spoiler, pure speculation on my part...)
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that kind of ties into the theory that the title "The Walking Dead" actually refers to the survivors rather than the zombies...

Anyway, agree with (mostly) everyone who thinks this was a great episode, despite the fact that it was effectively a filler that didn't progress the plot at all ("Rick & Michonne replenish their weapons supply at Rick's old station house" could've been a 2-minute scene or even happened off-camera), so kudos to the writers for taking some time out for character development...

And I wonder if that backpack might actually hold something integral to the plot going forward? (Not a spoiler, pure speculation on my part...)

The shows is finished at the end of season3 when Rick finds a anti-virus which stops people from "turning" once they die.
  • Options
    2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    It was a shame about Morgan, but it was nice that it wasn't all easily concluded and wrapped up with a pretty bow, if you get what I mean...

I was beginning to think the bosses didn't trust the actress playing Michonne to do anything other than kill Walkers and stare, so coming out of her shell with Karl was a pleasant surprise :)

We all know better than to pick up hitchhikers! Just wait for the walkers to eat them and then take their belongings.
  • Options
    Bad Wolf 525Bad Wolf 525 Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »

She still wants to stop the conflict and couldn't do that from the prison. I think she was seriously thinking of carrying out Carol's plan. She got close to doing it, but when it came to the crunch wasn't able to murder another person in cold blood. I think that's realistic. It's not the same as destroying zombies at all. Even Rick had trouble when he needed to murder Randall last season. Even Shane wasn't able to murder Rick. Andrea is one of the few people in the show who has kept her humanity. (Tyreese is another one.)

Yes she did try and I should ease up on her a bit. I was just so disappointed that she went back to Woodbury. It was nice to have her back with Rick's group, that's where she belongs. I will wait until the next episode to see how it plays out, she might still redeem herself.

Great episode this week!!There isn't really anything I can say that hasn't already been said.

The one thing I didn't understand is how Michonne was able to go back for the picture so quickly. I was waiting for her to kill all the zombies standing by the door. I guess the picture didn't fall where I thought it had.

Yes I felt bad for the hitchhiker :(
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one thing I didn't understand is how Michonne was able to go back for the picture so quickly. I was waiting for her to kill all the zombies standing by the door. I guess the picture didn't fall where I thought it had.(

Most likely it just got kicked around the room as the zombies were shuffling around inside. It's possible it was kicked close enough to a back door or window for a quick and easy retrieval.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    The shows is finished at the end of season3 when Rick finds a anti-virus which stops people from "turning" once they die.

Should that not be in spoiler tags?
    Also, I doubt that AMC would kill off such a hugely succesful programme after 3 series - they usually just rely on the ratings to decide
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Should that not be in spoiler tags?
    Also, I doubt that AMC would kill off such a hugely succesful programme after 3 series - they usually just rely on the ratings to decide

Spoiler tags are only for things that you know will happen in future episodes. For instance, last season someone posted a picture of Sophia as a zombie before the episode aired so that was in a spoiler tag. Events from the comic can happen in the show so they should go in spoiler tags.

Saying the show ends at season 3 and an anti-virus is found is either him fooling about, or pure speculation. So Spoiler tags would not be necessary.

Add in the fact that it has been renewed for season 4.
  • Options
    OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Renewed for season 4?!!??? Well now that I know that the rest of this season is ruined as I know it will not end no matter what climactic buildup may arise! Thanks!!
    Just kidding :p
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I hope not. It's significance was to demonstrate how cold their world has become, and it's done that.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OpEd wrote: »
    Renewed for season 4?!!??? Well now that I know that the rest of this season is ruined as I know it will not end no matter what climactic buildup may arise! Thanks!!
    Just kidding :p

Haha, you had me going for a second then :p
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Andrea seems to have finally realised what the Governor is all about. Rick is back to his normal self and it's all building nicely. No way is Rick going to hand over Michonne!
  • Options
    OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmm... a real disappointment. That one episode almost has me ready to quit on this show; stringing us along with all this nonsense.

Even as ****ed up as he's been lately, Rick wouldn't consider, not for a second, the bullshit of handing over Michonne. And he wouldn't have sat there and had that pathetic, slithering, grinning fool pour him a series of drinks. It's waaay out of character. It's floundering. It's making a real dumb mess just so they can keep this thing going and drag it to the end of this season just so they can produce another lazy series of pseudo-dramatic crap... it's becoming as lost as Lost.

I'll watch next episode for sure, but, I won't be surprised if it turns out that that BAM! (Axel) was when the show died too.
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the budding bromance between Daryl and Martinez. They were like a pair of peacocks. I thought we were in for another 'bham' moment when he started chatting about his family.

Rick and the governor - so much time devoted to so little.

Glenn and Maggie - that was all a bit random. As if someone on production thought they ought to throw a 'steamy sex scene' in every 6 episodes or so.

What are Daryl and Merle up to? they looked as if they had plans of their own.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was definitely a filler episode. Not a lot happened.

Not sure if I'd prefer not to have that episode and have one less episode for this series or not.
  • Options
    Mo@realityMo@reality Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've really enjoyed the last 2 episodes even though they didn't really progress the plot much. I think after all the excitement this season I'm happy to have a bit of breather. Also if the last 3 episodes follow the pace of last seasons, I think it's much needed.

But Andrea, what a ****ing bitch. I cannot believe she gave up all of Rick's information to the Governer. Telling him that he had a baby was bad enough, saying that the baby might have been Shane's was unforgiveable. Also the heads in jars, the attack on the prison and the zombie death matches weren't enough for her it was only when it was alluded that he may have sexually assaulted someone else that she decides to doubt him. Way to make it all about you Andrea.

Come back Lori, all's forgiven.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    What would you have Rick do? Shoot the governor in the head within the opening sequence and go home? Like they said on the talking dead, they could go back to the prison and show Carol making and putting up curtains in the prison. That would be really interesting to watch.

It's called storytelling for a reason. If you want a basic shoot 'em up with no human interaction, try a video game. There's plenty out there to choose from.

When someone says it's a "filler" episode. How is it? When major plot lines move forward (it's either the death of everyone or the exchange of Michonne for everyone's lives). Where does this leave Andrea? She's always had her doubts about the governor but now she's definitely over him, what will she do in order to survive? Considering Glenn and Maggie are living from hour to hour, day to day, I think the sex scene was entirely appropriate. That's what you do with the person you love after you've made up from a fight and the end of the world is looming.

This episode wasn't as action packed but it moved the story forward and was necessary for the conflict that Rick will go through. I don't think he is especially affiliated with Michonne but that's not the point. He realises they are sitting ducks and wants the group to be prepared for the worse. As we heard from the governor himself, handing over Michonne won't be the end of the conflict either. Rick only really has one option and that's what the governor has wanted all along. War.
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kill of the episode....Martinez with the baseball bat.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    loracan wrote: »
    I liked the budding bromance between Daryl and Martinez.

It was some first rate flirting. I thought it might end in a kiss.

And how disgusting. We nearly saw a woman's nipple. I tune it to see heads being smashed and stabbed in gruesome, bloody detail, not to potentially warp my mind with such utter filth.
  • Options
    mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mo@reality wrote: »
    But Andrea, what a ****ing bitch. I cannot believe she gave up all of Rick's information to the Governer. Telling him that he had a baby was bad enough, saying that the baby might have been Shane's was unforgiveable. Also the heads in jars, the attack on the prison and the zombie death matches weren't enough for her it was only when it was alluded that he may have sexually assaulted someone else that she decides to doubt him. Way to make it all about you Andrea.

Come back Lori, all's forgiven.

LOL Getting booted from the big boys meeting must have crushed her Mack truck sized ego.

This episode could've been cut down to 15 minutes. Disappointing.
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mo@reality wrote: »
    But Andrea, what a ****ing bitch. I cannot believe she gave up all of Rick's information to the Governer. Telling him that he had a baby was bad enough, saying that the baby might have been Shane's was unforgiveable.

I'd forgotten about that - what on earth did she think would be gained by that? I've been trying to be more positive about Andrea...but I can't think of anything.
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Kill of the episode....Martinez with the baseball bat.
    No way - Daryl's knife-throwing skills. Even Martinez thought so.

I quite like the Milton character, probably not 'like' exactly, but I find him interesting. It looked like he's having seconds about the governor - I'd like him to stay around. Likewise with Martinez.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I alone in getting a certain vibe from Daryl and Martinez? Probably nothing, but their little competition did seem very flirtatious. :o

The Daryl / Carol shippers will lose their minds if so. :D

But, in all seriousness, I think it would make an interesting story for Daryl. I doubt Merle would approve. :eek:
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Am I alone in getting a certain vibe from Daryl and Martinez? Probably nothing, but their little competition did seem very flirtatious. :o

The Daryl / Carol shippers will lose their minds if so. :D

But, in all seriousness, I think it would make an interesting story for Daryl. I doubt Merle would approve. :eek:

I would rather see that than him with Carol.