Renew your contract, or else.

2»

Comments

• LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    littleboo wrote: »
    If you come across on the phone the way you do in your posts, my sympathy is with the agent trying to deal with you.

:) I have to agree. Whenever I found that I was getting nowhere on the phone, especially talking to someone in a far away land .... I found it better to say thanks and bye bye.
    Then I would phone again and get someone else, trial and error but eventually hit gold.

I used to get uppity and have had the agent hang up on me but that was before I learned how to approach it.

Touch wood, I haven't needed to ring for a long time.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    I have also had this letter - nothing by email or on my online account at all - just a letter.

Given I have online billing with BT I find it a little irritating that they are sending me important communications by post! Its also rather annoying that you cannot cancel BT sport online - but have to call them.

I fully accept the terms - just a pity unlike Sky you cannot cancel the Sport package unless you call them. And if the letter got lost in the post - you might be unawares entirely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    I have had this problem, and also a fibre slow speed problem, I had it escalated to a higher level and they confirmed I did not need to be in contract to get BT Sport ! so now my sport bill is charged every month but refunded also ;)
    Go to customer complaints, you speak to english people then :)
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Just a tip.

Ring up say you want to cancel BT sport and suggest you are thinking about leaving BT as its got so expensive recently - you might be amazed at the discounts you might get!:D
  • Mick EmminsMick Emmins Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Contract up next month,BT won't match new customer offers! Did ask why they don't want to keep customers, "we do" well match the offers not bothered about sainsbury vouchers (although would be nice/and did want a new hh but seeing review I think I'll stick with the hh3)don't want to leave infinity 2 38mbs normally works well,but a point of principle !!
  • Mick EmminsMick Emmins Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Is that correct ,if you opt for a rolling deal after the end of your contract,BT sports stays free??
  • RagnarokRagnarok Posts: 4,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like these letters, it's a reminder that your contract is up soon, it hardly black mail and contract negotiations work both ways. you need to turn it upside down, It's perhaps time to look around and see what you can get elsewhere then call up BT's Cancellations / Retentions tell them you want to go elsewhere ( also bring up how come new customers get the best deals) and see what they can offer to keep your custom and maybe earn the new 12 month contract.
  • iniltousiniltous Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that correct ,if you opt for a rolling deal after the end of your contract,BT sports stays free??

I don't think so, if you don't re-contract for a further minimum term it's not free, but is a reduced rate, something like £6 instead of £13, it's only free if you are within the minimum term of a contract rather that able to leave with just the normal notice period
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,515
    Forum Member
    Contract up next month,BT won't match new customer offers! Did ask why they don't want to keep customers, "we do" well match the offers not bothered about sainsbury vouchers (although would be nice/and did want a new hh but seeing review I think I'll stick with the hh3)don't want to leave infinity 2 38mbs normally works well,but a point of principle !!

Was going to re-contract online at £29.95 a month, am currently paying £28. Had one or two queries about possible changes, possibly taking BT TV etc., so phoned up, and without prompting or threatening to leave, was offered a 12 month £5 discount on the broadband Infinity 2, and a free "Entertainment" add-on to BT TV, making it £5 pm so in effect, BT TV Entertainment free! And I'm saving a packet by being able to cancel Sky Sports and maybe Sky TV altogether.

Just treating the CS staff politely and with respect usually produces better results I've found, than making threats or geting all uppity as some (and the O/P) seem to do. The BT 'out of contract' letter didn't come across to me as threatening but it did make me stop to think, and I spent a few weeks deciding what to do, in the end, it was as above, a money-saver.
    Forum Member
    I did the rolling contract and sport is free Mick
  • Rambler80Rambler80 Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Received "the letter" today, my broadband contract is up next month.

I have BT Sport through my Sky box and pay £3 for HD. Are there any good retention deals at the moment? I pay £17 for unlimited copper broadband.
    Forum Member
    I presume ( and HOPE ! ) the £17 for BB includes line rental ?
    Sky fibre is 6 months free atm, I would pay for your line rental 12 months in advance if you can afford it,
    I suggest going through quidco or topcashback if your going to sign up online as they offer upto £100 for signing up for Fibre or BB if you go through them. be warned though, BT often wont pay up on the cashback :( I lost £140 cashback when I signed up with them.

http://www.quidco.com/plusnet/

http://www.quidco.com/sky-digital-upgrades-tv-and-broadband/
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garbageguy wrote: »
    I presume ( and HOPE ! ) the £17 for BB includes line rental ?
    Sky fibre is 6 months free atm, I would pay for your line rental 12 months in advance if you can afford it,
    I suggest going through quidco or topcashback if your going to sign up online as they offer upto £100 for signing up for Fibre or BB if you go through them. be warned though, BT often wont pay up on the cashback :( I lost £140 cashback when I signed up with them.

http://www.quidco.com/plusnet/

http://www.quidco.com/sky-digital-upgrades-tv-and-broadband/

I doubt that £17 includes line rental, it is BT after all,
    Forum Member
    I just realised he will be paying for BT Sport with ordinary BB, Get FIBRE BT Sport is free :)
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garbageguy wrote: »
    I just realised he will be paying for BT Sport with ordinary BB, Get FIBRE BT Sport is free :)

He is a she and looking at the original post she is not that interested in the sports.
    You may get it free from Bt, but they keep locking you in, but BT is more expensive.
    So you got to look if you want to pay extra for something you do not want.

I did not go for BT, because of the price and because I did not really want to deal with them again. going for plusnet at least I do not have to deal with BT.
  • Rambler80Rambler80 Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    I pay £17 excluding line rental. I went with BT because I wanted their "free" sport. I watch alot of sport. If I went with a cheaper broadband provider I would have to pay £15 for BT Sport and thus would be no better off. I do alot of streaming so need unlimited bb - I think unlimited fibre with BT is £25. Not prepared to pay that. Looks like I will have to stay put.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    Well this is a bit strange, I have BT Infinity and I've been out of contract for about a year, but I've not received any charges for BT sport, I've looked at some bills. It has BT Sports on the bill but a £0.00 next to it. It says this:-

Credit: FREE BTSport Pack - £13.50 W 28 Feb-27 Mar15
    BT Sport Broadband dependent discount
    For BT Broadband customers

Not sure why I'm not being charged?

I'm not completely happy with BT anyway so I'll probably change provider soon.
  • arteseaartesea Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    @lushness do you watch BT Sport on your Sky box, or online through the web / app? Those charged should just be for the earlier.
    Forum Member
    artesea wrote: »
    @lushness do you watch BT Sport on your Sky box, or online through the web / app? Those charged should just be for the earlier.

I just watch it online I don't have a SKY box or BT vision. So it's free if you watch it online?
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,515
    Forum Member
    Lushness wrote: »
    I just watch it online I don't have a SKY box or BT vision. So it's free if you watch it online?

Half price for BT Broadband customers out of contract.

You are lucky. Shhh!!! :D
    Forum Member
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Half price for BT Broadband customers out of contract.

You are lucky. Shhh!!! :D

I'm sure they'll realise the error sooner or later! :o:D
  • Y MeY Me Posts: 4,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT phoned me and sails that my Broadband contract was about to expire a month after it had.

They said I would now be charged for BT sport but could renew without for the same price.

I said sod that, loyal customer, and all that crap - result at my suggestion upgraded from Infinity 1 to Infinity 2 at a price that is still slightly lower than I was paying before.

The BT Sports channels are free to all, via the Internet, on Infinity 1 and 2 you only pay if you have the BT TV package - which they can stuff, as it's crap.