Options

For Mr.Cowell's consideration next year

Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,191
Forum Member
Mr. Cowell, please consider the following for next year:

1. Replace David Walliams.
2. Replace Amanda Holden.
3. Restrict applicants to over 16 only.
4. Variety acts only, singers to be redirected to the X-Factor.

I thank you.

Comments

• Options
    fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep David Walliams.

Have a limit on catergories.

Only allow singers who wouldn't get onto XF.

Adults only.
  • Options
    gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Replace And and dec with John Clegg ,
  • Options
    GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Categorise semi finals for example all singers go in one semi final all dancers in another semi final and just mix and match the rest . That way will only get a maximum of two singers and two dance acts in the final
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cancel the series
  • Options
    Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How would it be variety if singing wasn't allowed?
  • Options
    karlsbergkarlsberg Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Judging panel next year for me:

Simon Cowell
    Alesha Dixon
    Kimberley Walsh
    Piers Morgan

*if Alesha moves to xfactor add Michelle Keagan to the line up
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,993
    Forum Member

Well it's not is it lol. The singers on this show have been either too young or the wrong genre of music for The X Factor.

No idea why kids shouldn't be allowed either, although I suppose it would stop people here calling a teenage boy a 'vile brat' with nothing to base it on.

I don't mind Amanda or David so I would keep the pair of them too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well it's not is it lol. The singers on this show have been either too young or the wrong genre of music for The X Factor.

No idea why kids shouldn't be allowed either, although I suppose it would stop people here calling a teenage boy a 'vile brat' with nothing to base it on.

I just think singing belongs in its own show. BGT should be for variety acts that would never otherwise be seen or have a chance to showcase their talents; singers have other competitions they could enter.

And as for the kids, Hollie, I just think it is unfair to put children up against adults, some of whom need this kind of show to earn a living. Children do not.

If people are that keen on seeing children "entertain", maybe Mr. Cowell should think about a children's version of the show.

And as far as Amanda & David go, I know so many people (myself included) who just cannot watch the programme any more, purely because of them. Therefore, if Mr.C were to get rid of them, his viewing figures might do better. ;-)
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,993
    Forum Member
    I just think singing belongs in its own show. BGT should be for variety acts that would never otherwise be seen or have a chance to showcase their talents; singers have other competitions they could enter.

And as for the kids, Hollie, I just think it is unfair to put children up against adults, some of whom need this kind of show to earn a living. Children do not.

If people are that keen on seeing children "entertain", maybe Mr. Cowell should think about a children's version of the show.

And as far as Amanda & David go, I know so many people (myself included) who just cannot watch the programme any more, purely because of them. Therefore, if Mr.C were to get rid of them, his viewing figures might do better. ;-)

Well in that case I propose no dancers because they have Got To Dance. So now we're down to adult magicians/illusionists, impressionists and comedians. That doesn't exactly seem much variety.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    karlsberg wrote: »

:o:o:o:o why????
  • Options
    karlsbergkarlsberg Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    :o:o:o:o why????

Acting is a talent and it's britains got talent so why not? Think she's got a great personality in interviews I've seen :)
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Simon should consider running a 'Junior Britains Got Talent' for under 16's. It's not really a level playing field when kids get through solely on the 'cute' factor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Couldn't agree more, Penny :)
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the singers front is say it depends on the type of singer you are
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well in that case I propose no dancers because they have Got To Dance. So now we're down to adult magicians/illusionists, impressionists and comedians. That doesn't exactly seem much variety.

What about jugglers, acrobats, musicians, ventriloquists, hypnotists, stunt acts..... there's so much more to variety than you've stated.
  • Options
    ThatJoshThatJosh Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as Amanda stays, i'm not bothered. We really need more variety though.
  • Options
    EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,296
    Forum Member
    The only thing I'd change is that I'd like less singers and more variety in the live shows, other than that, I think the show is fine the way it is.

If the judges we have now returned next year, I'd be happy, but if the stuff about Simon leaving and David being replaced do turn out to be true, I'd love it if Paul O'Grady joined the panel. I'm not sure how likely that is to happen, but I think he'd be perfect for judging BGT. Regardless of what happens though, I hope the rumors about Piers Morgan returning turn out to be untrue.
  • Options
    EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,296
    Forum Member
    gingerjack wrote: »

Are you joking? That's a terrible idea.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    There's only one person who needs to go and it's Amanda Holden.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,231
    Forum Member
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Cancel the series

Motion approved!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    gingerjack wrote: »

Ant and Dec are the cream of the crop and awesome!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    karlsberg wrote: »
    Judging panel next year for me:

Simon Cowell
    Alesha Dixon
    Kimberley Walsh
    Piers Morgan

Might be for you but not for everyone else!!
  • Options
    Forum Member

To be honest I don't know how grown up people have so much venom towards little kids! They are bigger idiots than anyone!