Options

Have you ever cried at a TV show or Movie?

Comments

• Options
    TATTOO62TATTOO62 Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    The end of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Every time and I'm into double figures now.
  • Options
    LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lion King when Mufasa dies :cry::blush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGtJn-L5xEs
  • Options
    trayhop123trayhop123 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watcher #1 wrote: »
    I'm getting worse as I get older. Although anyone who doesn't cry in the opening sequence of 'Up' is a soulless swine...

in all seriousness , i have to agree with you here ,,,,,, and it seems especially harsh given the fact that its a movie primarily aimed at children to watch.

my own personal tearjerker was the film awakening's with robert de nero and robin williams ,,,,, it first fills you with joy that the drugs work , then it rips your heart out when they wear off and go back to being comatosed.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    trayhop123 wrote: »
    in all seriousness , i have to agree with you here ,,,,,, and it seems especially harsh given the fact that its a movie primarily aimed at children to watch.

my own personal tearjerker was the film awakening's with robert de nero and robin williams ,,,,, it first fills you with joy that the drugs work , then it rips your heart out when they wear off and go back to being comatosed.

That is one of my favourite films ..................so amazing that it's actually a true story.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enudzio wrote: »

Have you ever cried at a TV show or movie ?

i got upset when Max died on Hollyoaks , that was about it.

Blimey! How long have you got ? :)
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    we had to ban lassie and lassie-alikes in our house because you couldn`t watch owt over the distraught sobbing of my oldest girl [♥] and we only played "who will love my children" the once.
  • Options
    Enfant TerribleEnfant Terrible Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shedding the odd tear is normal I guess, but there have been a few occasions where I was glad I was watching stuff on my own, otherwise I would have had to leave the cinema right there and then due to uncontrollable sobbing.

One is "I Am Legend" - when the dog dies. I cried for hours.

The other is the BBC's "Threads". Shocking and distressing beyond belief.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,273
    Forum Member
    we had to ban lassie and lassie-alikes in our house because you couldn`t watch owt over the distraught sobbing of my oldest girl [♥] and we only played "who will love my children" the once.

Yes. Those damn dog films. My Dog Skip and Hachi: A Dog's Story just wrecked me.
  • Options
    warlordwarlord Posts: 3,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mamma Mia.
  • Options
    The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,751
    Forum Member
    AI: Artificial Intelligence is not a very good film but the bit where the robot boy (played by Haley Joel Osment) is trapped all alone at the bottom of the sea had me going. Weird I know.
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooooooooh - what channel?

Sorry Penny - I didn't come back to tell you.... it was 3rd page of sky somewhere :(
    But the other girl was walking to her Dad even as I typed...
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Sorry Penny - I didn't come back to tell you.... it was 3rd page of sky somewhere :(
    But the other girl was walking to her Dad even as I typed...

Awwwwwwwww - was that Clara?

TBH - I loved the Heidi book more than the film - there's something about making up pics in your head. Whilst I was flicking through looking I came across ;Field of Dreams' - Mr Crayon had a bit of a sniffle;-)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quite often. :)
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can remember sobbing at Lassie when I was a kid. And Heidi. And Little House on the Prairie - every week.

And since adulthood ... Party of Five, West Wing, ER, Corrie, The Liver Birds ( yes really ) Gladiator, 4 Weddings, Ghost, Titanic.... oh I could go on but we'd be here all bloody night innit.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TATTOO62 wrote: »
    The end of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Every time and I'm into double figures now.

You're not alone. That film gets me every time.

Grave of the fireflies left me so traumatised that I even started crying in a cafe when I was describing what happens in the film to my mum.

I even cried in the cinema when Alex got re-united with his dad "Alakay is that you?" as they held up their paws which I think was in Madasgar 2, my kids were horrified "mum are you crying?".

Dancer in the Dark also left me a wreck.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    That was the Extras Christmas Special.
    Yes .. that's it. Other people crying always sets me off :blush:
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the early days I cried at 'The Simpsons'.

Now I cry at the fact that it's jumped the shark.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schindler's List
  • Options
    AvinAGiraffeAvinAGiraffe Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Movies -
    Billy Elliot
    The Green Mile
    All the way through Up
    The start of Guardians of the Galaxy
    Juno, just after she's had the baby an she's with Bleaker
    The end of Love Actually - airport scene to The Beach Boys "God Only Knows"

TV -
    That programme where the lad overcame his stammer and spoke in front of his school
    The Sheba episode of Royle Family
    When Phoebe had triplets and sat talking to them in the hospital bed
    When Del Boy talks to his newborn son in OFAH
    John Watson touching the headstone in the graveyard on Sherlock

There's no way I attempt to watch Marley and Me. I even cry at adverts.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The West Wing Season 2 Episode 21&22 "18th and Potomac"/"Two Cathedrals"
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can remember sobbing at Lassie when I was a kid. And Heidi. And Little House on the Prairie - every week.

And since adulthood ... Party of Five, West Wing, ER, Corrie, The Liver Birds ( yes really ) Gladiator, 4 Weddings, Ghost, Titanic.... oh I could go on but we'd be here all bloody night innit.

Bloody Hell Babe - you must keep a bucket by the sofa for the wet hankies. :o:D
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haatchi....that one produced snot bubbles and everything.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,592
    Forum Member
    Ghost Near the end when Sam finally leaves Molly
    Bambi When Bambis mum is shot That made an eight year old me cry all day
  • Options
    linmiclinmic Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    I do not even dare watch 'Marley and Me' for fear of flooding the entirety of Lincolnshire - does that count?

I cry at all films with animals in - even happy ones :blush: also 'Stepmom'.

And some adverts even get to me,and Christmas carols. If I hear the Salvation Army band playing Away in a Manger I literally can't see where I'm going for tears in my eyes and I'm not even religious!!

I think I'm a tad sensitive and I hate myself for it :(
  • Options
    linmiclinmic Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    warlord wrote: »
    Mamma Mia.

That too! The song Slipping through My Fingers has me bawling. :cry: