Will you buy the single because of Sir bobs speech ?

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
Forum Member
✭✭
It was so emotional and heart wrenching.

I will buy the single and buy it on my wife's and kids devices too. Together we can stop this.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nope.
  • TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes xmas is now cancelled in my house. No xmas presents for the kids and no fun allowed.
  • KikiDafuqKikiDafuq Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Nor me. If each one of those participants gave a tiny fraction of their cash to the cause, they could eradicate this disease far more quickly than this godawful record will. Nothing but an ego-pampering, mutual back-slapping exercise.
  • ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was pure scaremongering. It was actually quite disgusting how he used emotional blackmail into scaring the public into buying a charity single which will do nothing but leave the public funding another cause the government should already be paying for through our taxes.

I'm sure the money the government are allowing private companies to avoid in taxes would cover the costs 100 times and more.
  • Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I nearly fell for it but a bunch of multi millionaires asking me to part with my money doesn't sit well unfortunately.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    No , why do not they not just give some of there millions instead ?

They are in a much better place financially to help out than most of us .
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    Ebola has been around for years and no one as given a tosh about it, but now it may effect us in the western world then everyone is taking it seriously.

It is not an appeal to help the people of Africa, but an appeal to sort it out before it effects us.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Dermot was probably thinking "come on, get on with it.. we have a schedule to keep to here.." :D
  • NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sir Bob's speech would be a reason for me not to buy the single.
  • rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope!!!!
  • LiamOKLiamOK Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. It really wasn't that good, I didn't feel that emotional at all. Also disappointed with the video - I thought they'd shows a bit more of the actual crisis instead of the singers. I know it's sad but those sad stories - in appeals - are what gets to me.

I'd rather donate straight to the charity. Sorry if I sound so negative, I do think things like this are great, especially for getting those who wouldn't have even thought to donate. Just the song with these singers isn't for me. I do hope it does well obviously.
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    If each one of the celebrities gave at least 50 grand, that would equal hundreds of thousands of song downloads and money for the charity. I'll stump up when Bono and harry styles do.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    asyousay wrote: »

That's what I always think through Comic Relief, Children In Need, etc when you get all these famous people pleading for minimum wage people to donate when they have all that spare money while load the ordinary people are struggling to make ends meet.
  • greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KikiDafuq wrote: »
    Nor me. If each one of those participants gave a tiny fraction of their cash to the cause, they could eradicate this disease far more quickly than this godawful record will. Nothing but an ego-pampering, mutual back-slapping exercise.

I feel bad saying this but I agree
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member
    I will text that number and give £5, the first bit of of the video was so sad, that poor woman.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe all the acts have donated straight to the charity and that was part of the deal for signing up.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if the single was half listenable..they slapped it together in a day and it sounds like it. put some effort into it. more than just a few phone calls. most people dont even buy songs they actually like. cant see it making much.
  • red_amberred_amber Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cantos wrote: »
    Ebola has been around for years and no one as given a tosh about it, but now it may effect us in the western world then everyone is taking it seriously.

It is not an appeal to help the people of Africa, but an appeal to sort it out before it effects us.

Exactly this! This is what I was yelling my TV screen!
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah.

It's christmas time there's no need to be afraid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »

And are you in a position to categorically state that they dont ?
  • red_amberred_amber Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    I will text that number and give £5, the first bit of of the video was so sad, that poor woman.

They shouldn't have shown that woman in the first place - I found it quite disrespectful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    red_amber wrote: »
    They shouldn't have shown that woman in the first place - I found it quite disrespectful.

Why , out of interest ?
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    rikstan87 wrote: »
    Nope!!!!

Neither will I.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member

I remember seeing that woman on the news, they showed that bit a few weeks ago, she had been left there for days, none would help her at first as they were scared, they showed it because they want people to see how bad it it, I think everyone should give them money, well as much as they can. :)
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why? It had to be shown because it is hard hitting. Yeah it is playing the sympathy card but surely it has to. His words hit home to me how close it is.