Options

Am I Missing Something With StereoKicks?

RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
Forum Member
I can hear positives in pretty much every act even the ones im not overly fond off but I just dont get it with them. Its just them singing one or two lines each and minimal harmonizing most of the times. Theres nothing really stand out you couldn't hear from thousands of boy bands trying to do the same thing.

Just doing a Spice Girl style thing with their names is stupid too especially "Sporty Kick".

If there are genuine fans of them on here can you help explain the appeal other than "good looking to some girls".

There has been a few acts already eliminated better who are much better for me. These standing ovations confuse me :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Options
    Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They can sing. They have personality which is now coming through.

They are the ones I look forward to seeing. Great song choice tonight.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They will make the most money for Simon and co...
  • Options
    Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for thousands of other boy bands, I agree. I worked for a record company who tried hard to break an all girl band before the Spice Girls made it. There is an element of luck, picking the right song and engaging the audience.

They are getting there and I bet a lot of girls are picking their favourite from the 8.
  • Options
    Stan_BStan_B Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of all the acts I feel they have improved the most. Cowell knows there is always a market for boy bands. In a boy band of 8 you only really need half of them to be decent singers.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member

Are you pissed?
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Stan_B wrote: »
    Out of all the acts I feel they have improved the most. Cowell knows there is always a market for boy bands. In a boy band of 8 you only really need half of them to be decent singers.

They started as beyond shit and are now merely shit - if that's an improvement........
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me too. They are getting better and better every week. I voted more for them and will Do tomorrow.
  • Options
    NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone is missing everything. They are terrible.
  • Options
    Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    They started as beyond shit and are now merely shit - if that's an improvement........

I guess it is!! :D
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As for thousands of other boy bands, I agree. I worked for a record company who tried hard to break an all girl band before the Spice Girls made it. There is an element of luck, picking the right song and engaging the audience.

They are getting there and I bet a lot of girls are picking their favourite from the 8.
    Agree about their songs have been great in recent weeks. That makes all
    The difference.
  • Options
    annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »

Lol, pretty much sums them up :)

What on earth do the judges see in this group? If Union J couldn't light up the charts, this group certainly couldn't
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Stereo kicks are awful but as Simon has put so much effort into them they are guaranteed a top 5 finish.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Stereo Kicks are my guilty pleasure :blush: I know they leave a lot to be desired on the actual talent front but then which boy band has members that can all sing or all dance :confused: None this side of the Atlantic :cool: Therefore it's down to likability and they are quite likable and there is definitely at least one singer amongst them so that is why there are doing well I'd suggest.

I'd certainly rather see them performing on a Saturday night than OTY who seem to have no members that can sing and aren't particularly likeable either.
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

True and I vote for them.I last voted for JLS in 2008.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I can hear positives in pretty much every act even the ones im not overly fond off but I just dont get it with them. Its just them singing one or two lines each and minimal harmonizing most of the times. Theres nothing really stand out you couldn't hear from thousands of boy bands trying to do the same thing.

Just doing a Spice Girl style thing with their names is stupid too especially "Sporty Kick".

If there are genuine fans of them on here can you help explain the appeal other than "good looking to some girls".

There has been a few acts already eliminated better who are much better for me. These standing ovations confuse me :confused::confused::confused:

It is embarrassing how Cowell stands up for every performance that they give despite the fact that vocally they are (Stevi aside) the weakest in the competition, he is so desperate for this project of his to be a success, but I think its doomed for failure. As for the nicknames it was a cringe worthy attempt at trying to give this manufactured band some personality but sadly like most things involving them it came across as manufactured and scripted. The bulk of their votes must come from shallow and naïve young girls, I really can't see who else would vote for them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennyloo wrote: »
    Me too. They are getting better and better every week. I voted more for them and will Do tomorrow.

Exactly.I am voting more for SK tommorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is embarrassing how Cowell stands up for every performance that they give despite the fact that vocally they are (Stevi aside) the weakest in the competition, he is so desperate for this project of his to be a success, but I think its doomed for failure. As for the nicknames it was a cringe worthy attempt at trying to give this manufactured band some personality but sadly like most things involving them it came across as manufactured and scripted. The bulk of their votes must come from shallow and naïve young girls, I really can't see who else would vote for them

I am 50 with 2 children,no where near naive and vote for them lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    ucra girl wrote: »

I am 50 and vote for them lol

I said bulk not all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I said bulk not all.

You are making assumptions.Just accept that they are getting better week by week and have gained fans.
  • Options
    JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, they weren't bad today.
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About four of them are surplus to requirements... The only name I know is Jake Sims because he's from where I live and went to my school, the rest just kind of blend into one. They're pretty dull for me, and the loud one who always sings most of the solos is carrying them.

It's just because they're a boyband that Simon is so interested. $£$£
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - any originality or individuality. Boring mass produced boy band which will probably make millions for Cowell as ID look like they have just about had enough of it all.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    They have trimmed down , from tonight they will be a 5 piece

I must admit they sound better, look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q3P2xziA00
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    I guess they have more support than I thought