Options

Video Plus recording from DasErste (German first channel)

Is it possible to connect a satellite box showing DasErste (using a UHF Modulator) to a DVD recorder then after tuning the DVD Recorder to the correct channel; being able to use the ShowView (VideoPlus) numbers listed in TV listings for the channel to record it?

Or will I need to input the channel code for it to work with a UK DVD Recorder, and will the Video+ numbers be different to those for Germany? If so, what is this code? (e.g. like BBC One is 001).

The UHF modulator outputs all the teletext data from the channel, which I'm presuming contains all the Video Plus PDC information, as DasErste uses PDC.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum. I wasn't sure.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,518
    Forum Member
    AdamJW wrote: »
    Is it possible to connect a satellite box showing DasErste (using a UHF Modulator) to a DVD recorder then after tuning the DVD Recorder to the correct channel; being able to use the ShowView (VideoPlus) numbers listed in TV listings for the channel to record it?

Or will I need to input the channel code for it to work with a UK DVD Recorder, and will the Video+ numbers be different to those for Germany? If so, what is this code? (e.g. like BBC One is 001).

I'm fairly sure the sytems are different, VideoPlus codes are very complicated (based on similar compression techniques to ZIP files etc.) - I'm doubtful it would work?.
  • Options
    TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    Have you tried the Videoplus website(which includes Showview),for further info:http://www.gemstar-videoplus.co.uk/
  • Options
    Adam792Adam792 Posts: 7,147
    Forum Member
    Hi, thanks for your help both of you. :)

It turns out that the two systems are slightly different and not compatible as I have found out from the gemstar website and on Wikipedia.