Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you ever wonder why ,on seeing the advert that has been "created" for their products, some firms pay up!
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    The Yorkshire ads for Ramsdens are fist-clenchingly annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqVNe3NZL14&feature=player_embedded#!

Highlights at 0:15 when the blonde girl does the 1 day to 7 months, and the girl at the end with the hand gesture when she says there's a Ramsdens near me. :mad:
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »

Highlights at 0:15 when the blonde girl does the 1 day to 7 months, and the girl at the end with the hand gesture when she says there's a Ramsdens near me. :mad:

Can't stand that advert at all even the recent update!! .... previous ad "we buy gold mobile phones and cutlery too" ... sweet jesus what else you want from us next .... my debit/credit cards my home my car?? .... possibly you won't get as much as you think you will get :rolleyes:
  • Re-MinderRe-Minder Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The blonde has a gob made for BJ's.

The dark haired hint has a face could turn milk rancid.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably already mentioned.Harveys furniture.
    The 2 women are so so irritating
    I have endure Corrie when my wife watches
    Be so glad when Harveys contract comes to an end
    I think!!!
    Could the new agreement be any worse?
    Anyone know who the new corrie sponsor is going to be

Yes it's Aleksandr and Co from ComparetheMeerkat.com fame:D
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re-Minder wrote: »
    The blonde has a gob made for BJ's.

The dark haired hint has a face could turn milk rancid.

Good job the small print in the ad reminds us it's "over 18's only". :p
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Woah - that truly is a terrible advert.
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although, strangely enough, the actor would have been 1 in 1984, so maybe the character could just about have got away with his lie? Of course, buying* a long-running band's entire back catalogue in order to impress a girl shows that the guy obviously has way too much money to burn.

*Assuming BT isn't advocating piracy, of course.

The way he just goes into his room and downloads the entire catalogue in a matter of seconds while she makes a cuppa obviously is hinting its illegal downloads.

Otherwise you would of seen him use his credit card.
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You think an advert for an ISP would hunt at illegal downloads? Don't be daft, they'd be crucified. It's just shortened under dramatic licence. Plus, something like iTunes you only need your password, not your card if it's set up so what you say isn't right anyway.

People do over-complicate things sometimes. You really just need to take it for how it's presented, not everything has a subtext.

BT is crap because the premise is ridiculous, end of.
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    rated tradesman - basically slagging off trades people as untrustworthy and appealing to the worst instincts of middle class people.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

115.3% APR?! :eek:
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member

I couldn't resist clicking on the Welsh one. Could they have picked a rougher lookin bird? Looks like she filmed this after several nights in a row on the lash. Jeez-o.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axbECu4WMdY&feature=relmfu
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    I couldn't resist clicking on the Welsh one. Could they have picked a rougher lookin bird? Looks like she filmed this after several nights in a row on the lash. Jeez-o.....

Funny how all the people at the start of the advert stood outside their shops are all EXACTLY the same. Note the shop next door. :D:D
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    Funny how all the people at the start of the advert stood outside their shops are all EXACTLY the same. Note the shop next door. :D:D

Haha, good spot, the Scotland one is indeed in the same location.

All the women are doing exactly the same wrong-number-of-fingers gesture on the "one". Place thumb on top knuckle of middle finger people!! Mind you, I expect by the look of them they might have found it near impossible to then convert into a two, with the added difficulty of five on the other hand and talking at the same time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the attempts by Ramsdens to be "local" (film the exact same advert, but with local accents), cute in an utterly pointless way.

I also liked the Suggested videos list next to the Welsh edition, informing me that the Scottish version has no views whatsoever (although when you go to the ramsdenscash channel, it has 80 something views). :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »

You want rough? :D I had this advert in the corner of my screen once. I had to snapshot it just because of the disbelief. While I'm sure she has a lovely personality and far be it from me to judge someone on looks, it doesn't really do much for the company I think. :o .... Still, it's honest I suppose.

Anyway, the advert doing my head in at the moment is the Nikon one, Ahhhhh! that damned song.
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    c0lefax wrote: »
    You want rough? :D I had this advert in the corner of my screen once. I had to snapshot it just because of the disbelief. While I'm sure she has a lovely personality and far be it from me to judge someone on looks, it doesn't really do much for the company I think. :o .... Still, it's honest I suppose.

Anyway, the advert doing my head in at the moment is the Nikon one, Ahhhhh! that damned song.

It looks like there is someone already in her bed, under the duvet :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c0lefax wrote: »

I've seen her on YouTube (the ad, not a video!) before. There are other ads from that same company with arguably, more conventionally better-looking people, so I doubt they are trying to portray themselves as refreshingly honest.

While we're on the (slightly off) topic of webpage ads, the ones showing a person and their caricature (they can also be found on YouTube) annoy me. I don't know what I've Googled in order to generate ads for such a novelty service.
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen her on YouTube (the ad, not a video!) before. There are other ads from that same company with arguably, more conventionally better-looking people, so I doubt they are trying to portray themselves as refreshingly honest.

While we're on the (slightly off) topic of webpage ads, the ones showing a person and their caricature (they can also be found on YouTube) annoy me. I don't know what I've Googled in order to generate ads for such a novelty service.

I get those too; 'cartoonize yourself' or something. They're usually found on graphics websites..photoshop plug-ins that sort of thing (sometimes emoticon and wallpaper websites). I've never followed the advert, but I can't believe there is a piece of software that can turn a photo into a hand-drawn caricature.
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DanielF wrote: »
    You think an advert for an ISP would hunt at illegal downloads? Don't be daft, they'd be crucified. It's just shortened under dramatic licence. Plus, something like iTunes you only need your password, not your card if it's set up so what you say isn't right anyway.

People do over-complicate things sometimes. You really just need to take it for how it's presented, not everything has a subtext.

BT is crap because the premise is ridiculous, end of.

Plus they talk alot of bull about all this unlimited when its not unlimited. If you dl 24-7 they ll get arsey with you and terminate your contract so how is that unlimited.
  • Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen an ad for "quidco"

A barber shop quartet... it goes for a close up on all there faces and aaah just bugs me.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    Oh good, me too! I suppose the ad occupied some down minutes for me in trying to do the calculations to work out the biological (im)probabilities.....
    It's just about possible if the birth of daughter was in 1980 when the mother was in her forties, even though it looked much earlier. This would make the daughter 32 in 2012 if we allow five years leeway on the actress's actual age of 27.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What about the shop next door? I can't make it out? :o

Also, has anyone seen the advert for "Quidco.com"? Starts off with a family playing on the Wii when the mum looks in the fridge and realises she needs to do some shopping, goes online to their website and four singers pop-up and harmonise with each line - IT'S ANNOYING!! - short enough though
  • JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    Shouty Postcode Lottery ads

"Derek, we're going to Benidorm!"

Don't rush back, love
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although, strangely enough, the actor would have been 1 in 1984, so maybe the character could just about have got away with his lie? Of course, buying* a long-running band's entire back catalogue in order to impress a girl shows that the guy obviously has way too much money to burn.

*Assuming BT isn't advocating piracy, of course.

Only if he's supposed to be a 29 year old palling around with two students (they're definitely supposed to be students, I checked), lusting after one of them and playing computer games all day. I still think they're just thick. Also the flat is completely spotless, they all appear to wash their hair regularly and they haven't had a pot noodle once.
This discussion has been closed.