P!nk cancels tonights Birmingham show due to illness

Comments

• elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have asked when she intents to re schedule but no reply from her on twitter! Typical she has got too big for her boots ! Grrrrr

It'll probably take a few days to figure out the logistics of rescheduling. I'd expect an announcement before Thursday.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    josh2721 wrote: »
    She'd have just mimed anyway.

Pink doesn't mime - she's one of fairly few pop acts who puts on a bloody good show AND sings live at her concerts! I also think its a bit unfair to expect her to tweet about a rescheduled gig, she won't know what is happening yet and other people will surely arrange a new date on her behalf. I expect she's had hundreds, if not thousands of tweets about it so she can hardly reply to them all!
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Tejas wrote: »
    Pink doesn't mime - she's one of fairly few pop acts who puts on a bloody good show AND sings live at her concerts! I also think its a bit unfair to expect her to tweet about a rescheduled gig, she won't know what is happening yet and other people will surely arrange a new date on her behalf. I expect she's had hundreds, if not thousands of tweets about it so she can hardly reply to them all!

Dont take the bait, wum crash threads looking for reactions
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks yes just getting my hearing back.:D

aha, I had to wait for my voice and hearing to come back completely this morning :D
  • EvanWhisper05EvanWhisper05 Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, she can't say a rescheduled date yet because of logistics. It's up to the arena to announce - plus if she gave us an estimate and it wasn't that date there'd be more trouble.

And like it's been said, she's probably had thousands of tweets tonight.

I'm just sulking because of the night I should be having but she probably feels bad enough.

As for miming, she never, ever mimes, even during trapeze acts. Her mic has gone off before now during trapezing so it shows there's no backing vocals.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bless her! I hope she gets better soon! (Preferably by Thursday, when I'm meant to be seeing her! ;):D ) Seriously though, P!nk's not the type of artist to cancel shows for no good reason, so I hope she feels better soon!
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gotta love the WUMS. I'm going on Thursday, and on her website it says only yesterday's show will be postponed. I assume, considering all the trapeze she does, flying upside down wasn't the best thing with an ear infection.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am absolutely livid and fuming right now . She better reschedule soon! Just tweeted her to make sure she knows how disappointed we are with her.

Doesn't matter that Pink is actually ill then? She can't help being poorly, and it's like someone else said, if she'd carried on and then had to finish after a couple of songs, that would have been worse.

It is a shame, we saw her on Sunday night and she was absolutely brilliant, you wouldn't have known she was ill at all. Hope she gets better soon!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    t2ggergal wrote: »
    Doesn't matter that Pink is actually ill then? She can't help being poorly, and it's like someone else said, if she'd carried on and then had to finish after a couple of songs, that would have been worse.

It is a shame, we saw her on Sunday night and she was absolutely brilliant, you wouldn't have known she was ill at all. Hope she gets better soon!

This

The though of not been well and running around a stage makes me feel sick!!

Hope P!ink gets better soon x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it confirmed as postponed and not cancelled?
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has p!nk got any tv promo lined up this week?
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Is it confirmed as postponed and not cancelled?

Yes it is definitely postponed and not cancelled, so keep hold of your tickets for gods sake! ;)
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have asked when she intents to re schedule but no reply from her on twitter! Typical she has got too big for her boots ! Grrrrr

For God's sake, give her a chance! They can't just announce a new date five minutes after cancellation, they'll have to negotiate with the venue as to when there's a free date that can be used that suits all parties involved. You're as bad as the idiot who started a thread moaning that Ticketmaster were refusing to give refunds on Michael Jackson tickets when he'd been dead for less than a day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of you need to rethink the word fan true supporter she doesn't mime I've seen her she's not well let her rest your tickets are still valid

I know tickets aren't cheap but she's worth it I'd say she's better than madonnas her live fun house tour was amazing

Just be patient
  • DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From her twitter ---

@Pink: With deepest regrets I had to cancel my first show of the tour tonight in Birmingham. I have an ear and respiratory infection. I am not...

I thought it was her second show in Birmingham? Is she lying? And if she is so ill why is she currently re tweeting quotes ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From her twitter ---

@Pink: With deepest regrets I had to cancel my first show of the tour tonight in Birmingham. I have an ear and respiratory infection. I am not...

I thought it was her second show in Birmingham? Is she lying? And if she is so ill why is she currently re tweeting quotes ?

Maybe she meant it is the first show of the current tour that she has had to cancel. Also retweeting something is a lot easier than performing an entire concert :rolleyes:
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From her twitter ---

For godsake you would think she bloody murdered someone!!! Firstly she means its her 1st show she HAS HAD TO CANCEL. Secondly, she's not dying. I've been ill to the point where ive thrown up in the loo every 5 mins and still managed to send a facebook message. Tweeting takes about 2 mins max and doesnt take much energy, apart from pressing a few buttons!!! Its very different from performing a 2hr show full of energetic stunts!!! so for gawdsake give the woman a break!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wum people. Ignore the wum.
  • DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Wum people. Ignore the wum.

I presume you are directing this at me?

If so that is not very nice and neither a contribution to this discussion just a form of name calling.

I asked a valid question and yes I did read her tweet incorrectly. It is difficult to understand written text for me sometimes, hope thats ok with you?

Anway I see Pink is well enough to perform in London tonight. :o:rolleyes:
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

If so that is not very nice and neither a contribution to this discussion just a form of name calling.

I asked a valid question and yes I did read her tweet incorrectly. It is difficult to understand written text for me sometimes, hope thats ok with you?

Have you never been ill but felt better a full 48 hours later?
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member

Your username is accurate, at least.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They seemed like comments aimed to wind people up, in my opinion. As does the roll eyes smilie at the fact she performed last night. Regardless of whether you find it difficult to read written text some times, you're comments towards p!nk were out of order and uncalled for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

Oh, pipe down! Of course she didn't reply- she's ill and doesn't want to talk to trolls like you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    sorry to hear this has been totally cancelled and there isnt gonna be a resceduled show :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so disappointed.

I am a HUGE fan of Pink and I have been to her previous two tours.
    I bought these tickets last October (after much struggling) and I feel so let down by this.

Nobody can help being ill, I wasn't too annoyed that day. She's human. But the arena and promoters assured me it would be rescheduled, and the only tweet Pink has done to acknowledge it is a sarcastic one to suggest in her next life she won't disappoint a single human being.

I've been such a fan for a long time but I feel so let down.