DS' Next Top Artist Series 6: Mainstream Live Show 2!

124»

Comments

• SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These three acts are all delightful.

The act I am saving is Katy B.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Zak :D

Biffy Clyro - 1
    Katy B - 3
    The Script - 4

SacredDiablo saves BIFFY CLYRO!

Biffy Clyro - 2
    Katy B - 3
    The Script - 4

Getting pretty close :eek: Stacey you're next to vote :D
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm saving The Script ofc. I like Katy B sometimes but all of her songs are a bit samey and I have no idea how Biffy even got past the first round.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Stacey :D

Biffy Clyro - 2
    Katy B - 3
    The Script - 5

Justin is next to vote if he's here and the online system is not decieving me again! :eek:
  • jag02010jag02010 Posts: 7,347
    Forum Member
    Oh my god... this is hard. I think I like one act more out of this bunch, but there is one which has more potential.

I'm not going to save Biffy, sorry :(

But it's between The Script and Katy B. I think that the strategy behind The Script's mentoring hasn't been that great. You've only used their 3 biggest songs, and if they are in the bottom after that, I don't see them with much hope in this competition. I generally, however, prefer them to Katy B. But, at the end of the day, I have to go with who will be the best contestant - and that means I am going to save Katy B.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Justin! :D

Biffy Clyro - 2
    Katy B - 4
    The Script - 5

Alex is next!
  • AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saving Katy B as I know she has a lot more to give! Sorry Jordan and puppylove :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Alex! :D

Biffy Clyro - 2
    Katy B - 5
    The Script - 5

Unfortunately this means Biffy Clyro can no longer be saved, and is the next act to be eliminated from the competition :( Big commiserations Jordan, you've done an amazing job with them but sadly their NTA journey ends here :( Feel free to post any songs you would have used for them, but you still have Jewel for indie of course, so good luck with that :D

Dandem's vote is next...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem saves THE SCRIPT!

Katy B - 5
    The Script - 6

Gav saves KATY B!

Katy B - 6
    The Script - 6

This means, the jury have failed to come to a conclusive decision and we must go to DEADLOCK and refer to the original public vote. This is a bit exciting imo :D

The act who received the fewer amount of votes out of these two, and therefore the act finishing in 16th place is...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THE SCRIPT! :(:(

Big commiserations to puppylove and The Script, however you have done a great job with them throughout the competition, and well done on getting them so far :D

Well done to Kevin and Katy B however, who live to fight another NTA day, and continue to the next stage of the competition :D

Next weeks theme and predictions to be posted soon. However big commiserations to:

Jordan
    and Biffy Clyro
    and puppylove and The Script

who have unfortunately been eliminated tonight :cry::cry::cry:
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Kevin! Commiserations to Jordan and Puppylove.

I LOVE Jewel though, so let's hope for her to stay! :D
  • AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad Katy B is still around. I saw her live and know she can do better than she did this week (are you listening, Kevin? :D) Commis to Jordan and puppylove, though, especially the latter for losing both acts already. Good luck with Jewel in the indie sing off, Jordan :3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mainstream Live Show 4 Theme: Covers!

A traditional NTA theme for next week with covers! This is pretty self explanatory, just a song from your artist that is a cover of a song by another artist. Everyone should be able to find a cover for their artist, but if not PM me and we'll sort something out :)

Schedule back to normal next week, so next show at Thursday 23rd May around 7, so please try and get songs to me by Wednesday 22nd May (my birthday :cry:) so I can try and send the song list around :D

Also remember to send your songs to Dylan for Indie by Sunday night. The theme is Early :D

Predictions game results to be posted soon!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prediction Game Results: Week 3

6 points were up for grabs this week if you predicted the act that was eliminated in the sing off, however not many people predicted this so 6 points was not an option for many. Aside from this you could gain 5 points if you correctly predicted the bottom 3, 2 if you predicted Biffy Clyro or The Script and 1 if you predicted Katy B!
    6 Points
    Nobody :cry:

5 Points
    Nobody again :cry: (you're all such flops </3)

4 Points
    Alex
    Aliyah
    David
    Kevin
    Stacey
    Zak

2 Points
    Gav
    Jack
    Justin
    Lucas

1 Point
    Roxie
    SacredDiablo

Overall Predictions Game Rankings
    1st Kevin 19
    2nd Aliyah 18
    3rd David 17
    =4th Gav 16
    =4th Stacey 16
    =4th Zak 16
    7th Jack 15
    =8th Alex 14
    =8th Justin 14
    =8th Lucas 14
    =8th SacredDiablo 14
    =12th Roxie 10
    =12th Tommy 10
    14th Pingu 8

Good night and see you all next week :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also forgot to say before, next week will follow the same format at this week, and another double elimination will occur!
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katy B has so many great songs, Kevin... Start using them, rather than whatever that was! (Btw that isn't even her recent stuff!!!!!)
  • Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah no, I'm gutted to see Biffy Clyro gone, they were always near the top of my vote, but I also really liked Katy B and The Script too :(. And JT as well. Comiserations to everyone who went this week. Thanks for keeping the Strokes in another week though!
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I don't understand Biffy Clyro went home then The Script? Wow my predictions were really off. They were two of my favorites. :o
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Massive fan of Biffy and The Script, so disappointed to them going home. But congratulations to Katy B for surviving. I wasn't a fan of this week's song I'll admit, but her back catalogue is a lot more impressive, so hopefully we'll get to hear some of it.

Thank you those who voted for Ryan (and Gaslight Anthem too in the other show)! More goodness on the way from those 2 acts :)
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey guys! Thanks for the Bastille love, If it wasn't for Nails connection problems then I wouldnt have had time to vote so thanks for that :p.

I'm really surprised to see Katy B here, but I kinda agree with the song comments even though she was still top 5 for me, and the Script . . well im kind of disappointed I didn't learn anything new about them during their time in the competition since all their songs were releases, and surprised to see Biffy go to, commiserations!

Looking forward to covers, gonna be hard since Bastille have a whole covers album!