Options

The X Factor should celebrate TEN YEARS by...

2»

Comments

• Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is though, the live results shows are normally on for an hour each week and instead of filling it with boring filler about the contestants and judges they could have one performance from a currently successful non-XF act, then another from a currently successful XF act who has a new single to promote and then a performance from a classic/infamous XF contestant (Ruth for example doing 'Purple Rain'). I think some people are underestimating how it may bring back some of the viewers the show has lost.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,227
    Forum Member
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    Hmm to be honest, I don't think that having a former contestant on each work would work. I think the ratings need rising, and I think that big name performers would help this, not former contestants who have questionable success. However, what I do think would be amazing would be the mash up performed on one of the live shows. Imagine having Leona, 1D, Olly, Cher, LM all on the same stage performing. That would keep the element of nostalgia but not an overkill by having contestants on each week.

Talking about the new advert, I think it's odd how Matt has been cut off anything X Factor related? He may not be seen as a huge star as such, but when you put it into perspective he's actually had an impressive career. Ok, he might not have achieved a global mainstream status, but to deny his success I think is quite insulting to him. Be fair. He's sold 2M records, had two top 10 albums, one number one and number six, and his debut album 'Letters' went platinum. A flop? I think not.

I think a mash-up is the best idea. But, they really should bring back the acts who haven't really been in the limelight that much since the show but have done well for themselves and were popular on the show. Alexandra, Ruth, Joe are examples. It'll be overkill if they have 1D on too much.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,227
    Forum Member
    Stube wrote: »
    The thing is though, the live results shows are normally on for an hour each week and instead of filling it with boring filler about the contestants and judges they could have one performance from a currently successful non-XF act, then another from a currently successful XF act who has a new single to promote and then a performance from a classic/infamous XF contestant (Ruth for example doing 'Purple Rain'). I think some people are underestimating how it may bring back some of the viewers the show has lost.

Three performances in an hour? Well, it'll have to be an act which they know viewers will love, and anticipate towards.

Ruth could do Purple Rain, Joe could do Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me perhaps?
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    During the result show: if they cut down the unnecessary babble (sorry, but some of it is just to fill time), they could have more performances.
    I think Olly Murs, 1D, LM & Cher LLoyd might be invited anyway (and it's normal if they have something to promote), but I would welcome performances from other people who have new music out recently and are less high profile: Diana Vickers, Matt Cardle, Rebecca Ferguson maybe... Whoever has released music in the last 4 months (I don't follow them all).

During the live show: They could also use former contestants as "guest mentors" during the week (there used to be a guest mentor feature), and former contestants would have a lot to say to help current contestants during the live shows and afterwards!

Add to that the Xtra factor: It could be a nice way to feature former contestants who have no music out.

There are so many opportunities to feature former contestants.
    I hope that the producers realise that it would be great for everyone: good promo opportunity for the acts & the public who might be starting to lose interest would be interested in seeing their former favourites.

I'd love to see Jedward & Aiden Grimshaw...
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    During the result show: if they cut down the unnecessary babble (sorry, but some of it is just to fill time), they could have more performances.
    I think Olly Murs, 1D, LM & Cher LLoyd might be invited anyway (and it's normal if they have something to promote), but I would welcome performances from other people who have new music out recently and are less high profile: Diana Vickers, Matt Cardle, Rebecca Ferguson maybe... Whoever has released music in the last 4 months (I don't follow them all).

During the live show: They could also use former contestants as "guest mentors" during the week (there used to be a guest mentor feature), and former contestants would have a lot to say to help current contestants during the live shows and afterwards!

Add to that the Xtra factor: It could be a nice way to feature former contestants who have no music out.

There are so many opportunities to feature former contestants.
    I hope that the producers realise that it would be great for everyone: good promo opportunity for the acts & the public who might be starting to lose interest would be interested in seeing their former favourites.

I'd love to see Jedward & Aiden Grimshaw...

LOVE the idea of having former contestants mentor the current contestants! However, I do think they'd have to be the one's who have had great success. As a mentor, if they weren't successful it would be quite hypocritical. It would be like, for example, Shane Ward, telling a contestant 'do this because I do it and won X Factor, and have had a huge career... oh'

haha, do you know what I mean? Obviously it wouldn't be worded like that, but I just don't think someone with questionable success should mentor people.

Get the big stars from X Factor: One Direction, JLS, Cher Lloyd, Leona Lewis, Olly Murs and Little Mix.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOVE the idea of having former contestants mentor the current contestants! However, I do think they'd have to be the one's who have had great success. As a mentor, if they weren't successful it would be quite hypocritical. It would be like, for example, Shane Ward, telling a contestant 'do this because I do it and won X Factor, and have had a huge career... oh'

haha, do you know what I mean? Obviously it wouldn't be worded like that, but I just don't think someone with questionable success should mentor people.

Get the big stars from X Factor: One Direction, JLS, Cher Lloyd, Leona Lewis, Olly Murs and Little Mix.

I see where you are coming from but then where is the room for acts who may not have had huge success after the show but were "stars of the series"? I think the tenth anniversary is the best (and only?) time to celebrate some of the most memorable contestants who have made media headlines or have created controversy whilst being on the show. Acts like Ruth and Danyl, while not being huge successes after the show, were hugely popular during their respective series and I think they should be part of the celebration. Repeat performances of 'Purple Rain' and 'And I'm Telling You...'/'With A Little Help From My Friends' would be brilliant. Also, Maria Lawson could be brought back too - her elimination was controversial back then and she was actually the favourite to win before being eliminated.
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course people who have maintained a relatively successful career would be great acts to talk to for the hopefuls.

But I would love it if the show also aknowledged that everything doesn't always go according to plan and that some acts didn't do as well as expected.
    I think that they would never go for that, but I would love to get people like Alexandra & Shane who had success and failures (if they would aknowledge both)! I think their perspective on things would be invaluable!
    Someone like Matt Cardle who was such a huge hit on the most watched show but got moderate success would also have an interesting outlook on things IMO.

I think it's time to ditch the "only glitz and glamore" act and go for a more realistic outlook. Viewers have become jaded IMO, so maybe that would help... It could bring some lost viewers in, don't you think?
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    I see where you are coming from but then where is the room for acts who may not have had huge success after the show but were "stars of the series"? I think the tenth anniversary is the best (and only?) time to celebrate some of the most memorable contestants who have made media headlines or have created controversy whilst being on the show. Acts like Ruth and Danyl, while not being huge successes after the show, were hugely popular during their respective series and I think they should be part of the celebration. Repeat performances of 'Purple Rain' and 'And I'm Telling You...'/'With A Little Help From My Friends' would be brilliant. Also, Maria Lawson could be brought back too - her elimination was controversial back then and she was actually the favourite to win before being eliminated.

Well again, I think one big mash up would work great for maybe the finale of the series?
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just realised its already been said.