Options

Revenge Season 4 (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    Cole DeschanelCole Deschanel Posts: 3,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An average & somewhat pointless episode. The ending was certainly the worst so far in the last 4 years. David is now going to try & avenge his daughrer's death but she's frigging living next door. Louise is gonna try & paint Daniel as someone who abused her to simply try & get close to Victoria. Charlotte had the audacity to label Jack a coward & a joke but yet she's the one who is whoring around with strangers cos she can't handle being compared to Conrad. The best moment in my book was the confrontation between Victoria & Emily but it should have escalated into them digging up each other's skeletons out of the closet a tad more. Emily certainly hit a nerve when she said Victoria is simply a frightened young woman who is holding onto the last person she tricked into loving her. Had she brought up Pascal's name, that would hhave evoked an emotional response & she night have even lunged for Emily which would have been incredible viewing for Emily to divert the hit & bitch slap Victoria. Lol.
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Repercussions episode has just reignited the ultmate revenge plot against Victoria with David being the protagonist this time, for the part she played in his downfall. Deja Vu.

The show has just gone full circle, infinity x infinity indeed!
  • Options
    Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xander63 wrote: »
    Repercussions episode has just reignited the ultmate revenge plot against Victoria with David being the protagonist this time, for the part she played in his downfall. Deja Vu.

The show has just gone full circle, infinity x infinity indeed!

BIB - I have a feeling David's revenge will be directed at Nolan rather than Victoria.
  • Options
    tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show like all US Shows has the tendency of killing off the characters who have real potential & are in a way the saving grace to progress with enthralling scenes. Frank was incredible in Season 1, as was Tyler, "Amanda," Declan, writing Patrick out with no hope / suggestion of a possible return, Aiden & Conrad's exit was the worst decision the executive producers made. Mike Kelly who created the show would never in a million years have bumped off the best patriarch on TV.

They also seem to have completely forgotten about Conrads dad/Daniels grandfather after all that has happened, he just disappeared into the background never to be mentioned again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tq21 wrote: »
    They also seem to have completely forgotten about Conrads dad/Daniels grandfather after all that has happened, he just disappeared into the background never to be mentioned again.

He was simply a recurring character in Season 1 but I loved his ruthless & tenacious nature & he definitely had the potential to be a regular fix around the Hampton cos he made Conrad who he was. The actor did Mac's character justice in Knots Landing & he was ok as the US president on 24.
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is fundamentally stupid that Emily doesn't tell him she is alive. There is that quote we had on season 1 I think from Confucius ' before you embark on a journey of Revenge dig 2 graves'. David hasaa killed and so has Amanda. It is hard to see how they can end on a positive note. The ratings are really low so I suspect it will
    be cancelled so I hope we are given a proper ending.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who has Amanda killed? :confused:
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Who has Amanda killed? :confused:

Fauxmanda killed Frank that security guard man in series 1.

I don't think real Amanda has killed anyone though, not that i can think of. I feel like she should have done....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was going to say Emily (Real Amanda) hasn't killed anyone. They've made a point of her stopping at murder so that there is a difference between her and the Grayson's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is fundamentally stupid that Emily doesn't tell him she is alive. There is that quote we had on season 1 I think from Confucius ' before you embark on a journey of Revenge dig 2 graves'. David hasaa killed and so has Amanda. It is hard to see how they can end on a positive note. The ratings are really low so I suspect it will
    be cancelled so I hope we are given a proper ending.

Im not at all surprised the ratings are plummeting each week. Overall it does feel like they're keeping the show running just for the sake of it so the cast have something productive to show for their day & keep the pay cheques coming in as the recession doesn't seem to be iimproving. Lol. Do we know from any interviews with the cast how & why the decided to bring David back from the dead? :confused: Victoria & Conrad were a perfect fit as they had the best dialogue & gelled extremely well as a power couple who were always on the lookout for trouble.
  • Options
    TayTayTayTay Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was dreading this series and wasn't overly impressed with the first 3 episodes. However, ep4 reignited a bit of the passion I had for the show and ep5 wasn't a total let down. Overall I think it's better than I had expected and I actually prefer this so far over season 2. I just hope they really do make this the last season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't even give it my full attention anymore. Just finished episode 6 and it bored me to death.

I think I might just let a few episodes build up and then skip through the Daniel stuff just for the sake of finishing the show relatively quickly.

The excuses used to prolong keeping Emily's identity a secret was pathetic and senseless.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked that episode to be fair, it was good to see Nolan getting a more prominent role as well.

The episode answered a few of the questions I had regarding the cop Ben (being powerhungry and thinking Jack was responsible for Conrad's death) The second one is that my theory Nolan knew David was alive was completely wrong! I also loved Margot, really warming to her character. Emily getting her father back into the house they grew up, sparked some brilliant scenes at the end. Daniel will just do what Daniel does lol...same with Charlotte tbh

It was an intense episode.

A criticism though was, I think it's stupid now that David Clarke is going for revenge....it has gone a full circle regarding that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conrad is a huge miss to the show tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's certainly gone full circle from Grayson's in mansion with Emily in the beach house plotting revenge.

Now it's David in the beach house plotting revenge against Emily in the mansion. :D Or at least that's how it seems. They're not making it terribly clear what David does and doesn't know.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm definitely back into Revenge. Thought the latest episode was great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    Well I'm definitely back into Revenge. Thought the latest episode was great.

Each to their own but on what grounds do you feel the episide was great? It appears there's a repetitive cycle on the horizon with David vvowing revenge for his daughter's demise in his old beach house where Emily lived for 3 years but the apple of his eye is right next door at Grayson manor. Charlotte can't handle any home truths she's hit with & resorts to sleeping around with strangers to numb the pain. Victoria's scene with Emily was by far the best & enticing moment of the 43 minutes where she gloated that her plan to win David over would blow up in her face when he learns of all the deaths she caused in his name. I'm not finding it as gripping as the first 3 Seasons. Emily & Daniel aren't in each others orbit which drew me in & Victoria doesnt appear to be as involved in her children's lives but I really hope that changes in the coming weeks.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't even give it my full attention anymore. Just finished episode 6 and it bored me to death.

I think I might just let a few episodes build up and then skip through the Daniel stuff just for the sake of finishing the show relatively quickly.

The excuses used to prolong keeping Emily's identity a secret was pathetic and senseless.

Episode 6? You've got the tapes a week early then? It's not even on in America till Sunday.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I thought it was better than previous ones. At least Emily is making some progress to get to reconnect with her father and sticking it to Victoria. More power to her.

When Daniel does something to spite Victoria, I kind of like him. Aside from that though, his storyline with Louise seems too removed from the main narrative though.

Louise is loopy but not in the interesting way that Tyler was in the first season. Whatever she's planning, she might as well get it over with now.

Margaux - I don't like her being rude to Emily or being easily manipulated by Victoria. Not much else I can really say about her.

Charlotte needs to go away now. That whole scene with Jack, David and Carl just proves she's a nasty piece of work.

More Nolan please. The scene with him and David was great, 7/10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Episode 6? You've got the tapes a week early then? It's not even on in America till Sunday.

Yes I did. Don't bother watching. Trust me.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I did. Don't bother watching. Trust me.

Lol. You joker.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    This show like all US Shows has the tendency of killing off the characters who have real potential & are in a way the saving grace to progress with enthralling scenes. Frank was incredible in Season 1, as was Tyler, "Amanda," Declan, writing Patrick out with no hope / suggestion of a possible return, Aiden & Conrad's exit was the worst decision the executive producers made. Mike Kelly who created the show would never in a million years have bumped off the best patriarch on TV.

Declan? Really. He was the male Charlotte, annoying as f**k.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Declan? Really. He was the male Charlotte, annoying as f**k.

I beg to differ. He had a heart of gold & was good in guiding Jack through some of the ttroubles. It was a lump in the throat moment for me when he died & said goodbye to his big brother via video recording cos he knew he wouldn't be around to see his baby's birth. Charlotte is pathetic I agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to see Charlotte finally own up to all her actions, and it was good she seemed to find a common ground with Emily. Nolan really should have just blurted the truth out to David, hopefully it will happen in the next episode or two tbh.

It was good to see Daniel finally found out about Emily as well. Will he now have sympathy towards her?
    Have no idea where they are going with it this season, which is good cause a bit of unpredicability for the show is good.
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Charlotte Bourne Identity, who knew she had those kinda moves?! LOL :D:o