Options

Soccer AM

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Watching this at the moment. New shorter show is quite good to be honest. No more boring segements , not keen on the socerrete being in several parts though!

Comments

• Options
    mattshentonmattshenton Posts: 2,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 hours was too long, now its like all the best bits with no filler....apart from that crappy skills school.
  • Options
    Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,083
    Forum Member
    That blimps bound to be whacked off by May :D
  • Options
    griffpaulgriffpaul Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helen is still looking gorgeous though with a short dress on, showing her cleavage and legs.
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did they think they had to keep the Ant & Dec in the jungle thing, it got so old after a couple of weeks. 'I'm blind !'.

Bring back 'Man in a caff'.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I miss the Iron Soldier, and the comedy bit around the Soccerette. Still, it was much less self-indulgent, and might give the show more legs.
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 hours still to long,relegation this season.
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    griffpaul wrote: »
    Helen is still looking gorgeous though with a short dress on, showing her cleavage and legs.
    Sorry, but she looks rougher than a dog. I fail to see the attraction. Couldn't understand her either.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought it was decent, poor guests though i thought, some decent segments some not so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Stopped watching it when Lovejoy and the others left, watched the best bits on anytime last year and wasn't all that impressed. I still go back to when it first started with "Soccer Locker" used to love that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If any tv show needs a massive format change its this. Seems more like a helen chamberlain ego fest than it ever was when even Lovejoy was on.
  • Options
    funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Soccer AM. I've recorded it so will watch it later, but I Iron Soldier was brilliant.

They should ditch crossbar challenge, or maybe alternate it with skills school. They should also only have guests who are actually interested in football!

Tim Lovejoy made that programme what it is today. I much prefer Max to Andy Goldstein. I love the fact that Helen dispels myths that girls don't like football, or are only interested on a superficial level.

Looks wise I think her best days are probably behind her, but I think she makes the best of herself on a show where actually it doesn't matter what you look like anyway!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its pretty funny when they have Americans on and they blatantly know nothing about football but try to fit in (like the guy from Superbad last series), has anybody on here been on as a group of fan?, or even been a soccerette;):)
  • Options
    RobinMcClarnonRobinMcClarnon Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but she looks rougher than a dog. I fail to see the attraction. Couldn't understand her either.

Helen is now astoundingly unattractive. Her ridiculous hair cut ages her by at least a decade and her clothes are just awful.
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helen is a tomboy trying to look girly, it doesn't work.
  • Options
    Dino MDino M Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can remember when Soccer AM used to start at 8 and go through until 12, then it went to 9 and it is now starting at 10.

Is it just a format change, or is there another reason for this only now being 2 hours, falling viewing figures or just simply a change.

I did not see yesterdays show as I was working, but will be watching again this coming Saturday, as it is almost a ritual to watch this on a Saturday morning now, even though the show has got worse over the past few years, especially since Tim left and took a lot of the crew with him. It still worth watching, but nowhere near what it was.
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont think its ever been on 4 hours,has it?
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinman wrote: »

Yes, it did use to start at 8 am.

I now record this to watch on a Sunday morning to skip trhough the rubbish. Really surprised they still have Tubes question which is cringeworthly bad.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    A couple of seasons back I used to watch the highlights show but even that could be skipped through and there was only about 20 mins of decent content and that usually depended on the guest(s).
  • Options
    Dino MDino M Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was when Lovejoy first started on the show, as I always used to think it was wrong to get up at 8 on a Saturday just to watch Soccer AM, but it was worth getting up for back then.

I think the 2 hour format now might work, but without seeing it in full I cannot really comment.
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes it was when it first started.

Infact I was a moderator of the biggest unofficial soccer am website (socceram.net) until it went rubbish a couple of years back. Used to do a fair few clips way back when, still find a few of them on the internet, youtube etc...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    I used to enjoy Soccer AM but I stopped watching it 6 or 7 years ago. I catch it now and again and chuckle but it was much better in the past. I can remember getting up early as a kid on a Saturday and watching it before going to play football, back when it first started. As I got to my late teens, I kinda just stopped watching it.
  • Options
    RobinMcClarnonRobinMcClarnon Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikebuk wrote: »
    Helen is a tomboy trying to look girly, it doesn't work.

Having seen how terribly she was dressed today, I am now convinced that she is doing it for a bet. That would explain why someone kept with the worst haircut in the world for so long.