Options

Facebook Places

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i have a Sony Satio and i am running opera mini and im wondering if i can use facebook places?

i can access the touch site (touch.facebook.com) through opera and click on places however the check in button is missing am i doing something wrong or is this just a bug in the stage of the roll out.

Comments

• Options
    Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
    Forum Member
    I don't think you will be able to use places correctly using opera anyway. Opera uses it's own servers between you and the site in question so as I believe it will try and locate you where the opera server is somewhere abroad.
  • Options
    lalalandlalaland Posts: 11,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm using places with my Desire and it's stock browser and it works perfectly.

Does the Satio have a GPS chip?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should work then...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know but it doesnt... anyone else have any ideas
  • Options
    SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you not download the Facebook application for your phone? It has a "places" icon next to your status update so you just tap it and WHAM. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ill try that.. cheers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Android app doesn't currently have places added to it. It's coming, but in the meantime you have to use the Touch site instead.

Dombo, is Facebook aware that you are in one of the countries that currently supports the feature? Many countries don't, such as most of Europe. Check to make sure it's aware you are in te UK for example.
  • Options
    SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lalaland wrote: »
    The Android app doesn't currently have places added to it. It's coming, but in the meantime you have to use the Touch site instead.

Dombo, is Facebook aware that you are in one of the countries that currently supports the feature? Many countries don't, such as most of Europe. Check to make sure it's aware you are in te UK for example.

I see.

The Apple App Store app says "Places is currently only available in the US" but it's a lie haha - as I use it so that all my stalkers can know where I am.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lalaland, its weird, if i use the touch site on the opera browser or the standard satio browser i can see the tab and click on it, but there is no check in button,
    but if i go to touch.facebook.com on my pc, i can check in as if i am on the mobile but obviously im on the pc.
    its defo active here in Ireland as my friends are using it.
    maybe its just the browsers im using.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dombo wrote: »
    lalaland, its weird, if i use the touch site on the opera browser or the standard satio browser i can see the tab and click on it, but there is no check in button,
    but if i go to touch.facebook.com on my pc, i can check in as if i am on the mobile but obviously im on the pc.
    its defo active here in Ireland as my friends are using it.
    maybe its just the browsers im using.

http://siliconrepublic.com/new-media/item/17755-facebook-places-comes-to-uk

It's a few days old, but on the 17th of September Places wasn't available in Ireland.

I know that when it wasn't available in the UK some people could still get on it, but not all. Now it's released all can.

It may be that Ireland is still not officially launched and that your mates have just been lucky.

Try a quick google for official announcements, see if that's any different :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks very much for your help la la, maybe give it a week or 2!! who knows!
  • Options
    Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    The Apple App Store app says "Places is currently only available in the US" but it's a lie haha - as I use it so that all my stalkers can know where I am.

It shouldn't say that any more.