Live At The Apollo - Series 6, Thursdays 9:30pm BBC1

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    I love Greg Davies, he never fails to make me laugh. There's something very likeable about him.
  • CombatHamsterCombatHamster Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dara was hilarious. I would've preferred half an hour of just him really.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a better stand-up currently out there than Dara? I’m no gamer and I was crying with laughter at his routine. He’s one performer who never has to worry about overexposure as he ALWAYS delivers.
  • GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dara O'Briain - brilliant, Stu Francis - good one-liners, but that sort of stuff is best in small doses. Greg Davies - didn't click with me.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dara was great, as a gamer it's good to see it as the basis of comedy material. Like Dara says, the statistics don't lie - the gaming industry in 2009 took in more revenue than movie ticket and DVD sales combined. Now that's impressive.
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shop window ...... new comics on the block get their 5 mins' exposure, kick starts their careers ...........
  • stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dara was great, but when he gets excited his accent becomes very hard to understand, which detracts a bit. The Canadian guy was great, and I regret not paying more attention (I was probably gaming at the time...)
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three top acts last night.

I shall use the line about collecting empty bottles:D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Dara was great as usual.
    Didn't think much of Davies. I think he's better as at sketch comedy.
    Like Francis a lot, but he just rehashed jokes from previous tv appearances. He'll have to get some new jokes if he's going to keep appearing on tv.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Stand-up comedy from the world-famous Hammersmith Apollo. Scottish comic Kevin Bridges introduces sets from Shappi Khorsandi and Jack Whitehall.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Kevin Bridges... he's really funny if you see him on stage and he and John Bishop are my favourite comedians
    at the moment... even their distinctive Glaswegian and Scouse accents set me off!!! :D
  • N20JetCarN20JetCar Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    The Scots have some great great comedians, don't they?. Kevin Bridges is utterly brilliant. He really makes me laugh. Then there's Frankie Boyle, Fred MacCauley, and not forgetting Billy Connolly of course.
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand Kevin Bridges, I don't what it I just don't like him, don't find him funny either, always had a soft spot for Shappi, nice to see she's finally doing some new material, and Jack Whitehall is just a d*ck. So only watching Shappi's bit.
  • juswotmawatchinjuswotmawatchin Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    I can't stand Kevin Bridges, I don't what it I just don't like him, don't find him funny either, always had a soft spot for Shappi, nice to see she's finally doing some new material, and Jack Whitehall is just a d*ck. So only watching Shappi's bit.

Did she mention she was Iranian ? and Omid Jlililllleeeee ?

yes. :yawn:

Jack Whitehall....student on drugs in a bar who thinks hes a comedian when hes just boring us about his life. ooohhh shouty and emotional anger....:yawn:

Rpyal Variety Performance prooved that British comedians couldnt raise a laf in a nitros oxide factory.
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Jack dragged on.

Kevin & Shappi were good though.
  • fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did she mention she was Iranian ?

Is she really? she has never mentioned it before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Did she mention she was Iranian ? and Omid Jlililllleeeee ?

Yeah about 10-20 seconds in she reels it out like clockwork, nice one Shappi another routine about iran and twitter? youre spoiling us :rolleyes:

whiehall and bridges were up to scratch though, kevins story about sky channel 905 :D
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Kevin, thought Shappi was pretty poor (some of her punchlines I saw coming a mile off) and while I don't mind some of Jacks' material I find his high drama, mental breakdown on stage delivery a bit annoying.