Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imrightok wrote: »
    I'm not sure if its been mentioned on here, but there was a film or a biopic about the actress who played Lizzie. I think it was about her acting career and her battle with cancer. I never did get to see it.
    It is called "A Woman's Tale" - it isn't about Sheila or her acting career - the cancer part is similar to her own i think
    I think there are only clips on youtube - not the full film
  • imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    It is called "A Woman's Tale" - it isn't about Sheila or her acting career - the cancer part is similar to her own i think
    I think there are only clips on youtube - not the full film

Oh right. Thanks.
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a crush on Kath Deakin. She's sexy and at the same time, there's something really funny about the way she looks / her mannerisms. :D:o
  • zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a crush on Kath Deakin. She's sexy and at the same time, there's something really funny about the way she looks / her mannerisms. :D:o

I really like Kath Deakin as well :D. I thought she had good potential as a character. I've said on here a few times she was shaping up well as one of Lous gang, replacing Frances (who I also liked) and then suddenly she was gone:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who would be your favourite policeman/woman of the series, mine would be Inspector Grace, who lasted almost the entire series off and on. I also like Inspector Thorne.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who would be your favourite policeman/woman of the series, mine would be Inspector Grace, who lasted almost the entire series off and on. I also like Inspector Thorne.

Yes defo Grace. He was in it from early on, his first arrest in the series being Helen Masters.

I also liked his sidekick during the Ballinger Seige, he was a bit of all right lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long now until May 1st when Wentworth premiers in Australia.

I really like Kath Deakin as well :D. I thought she had good potential as a character. I've said on here a few times she was shaping up well as one of Lous gang, replacing Frances (who I also liked) and then suddenly she was gone:mad:

Yeah it pisses me off too, how she suddenly disappears. :mad:
  • imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member

What is Wentworth?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This got me to thinking, imagine all the fun that must have been happening at Barnhurst during the 400-500 episodes, Bea, Margo, Chrissie, Helen, May, Willie, Nora, Daphne, Chook, Marie Winter, Brenda,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should never give Ronnie Kennedy any lines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This got me to thinking, imagine all the fun that must have been happening at Barnhurst during the 400-500 episodes, Bea, Margo, Chrissie, Helen, May, Willie, Nora, Daphne, Chook, Marie Winter, Brenda,

Yeah and Vera reigning over them, it would have been interesting to see :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should never give Ronnie Kennedy any lines.

I liked Ronnie Kennedy lol she was always there wasn't she from the late 200s to the very end
  • BirdsworthBirdsworth Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is it? I am fireing up youtube right now, in anticipation!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Ronnie Kennedy lol she was always there wasn't she from the late 200s to the very end

I didn't really mind her, but she shouldn't have been allowed to speak:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who do you think The Freaks favourite prisoner was (except for Lorelei), I know she didn't really like any of them but she seemed quite fond of Paddy and Pixie on a few occasions.

I know she was also nice to Lexie a couple of times towards the end of Lexies run.

Can't really think of many more.
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Probably one of these two as well.

The worst would have to be the guy who comes to arrest Judy Bryant for murder at the end of episode 400. He looks like a reject from a Poirot episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Have I noticed a mistake?

In an episode in which Shane Munroe is in hospital he shows Joan a 'get well card' given to him by his step sister.

The card says at the top 'To Robert'.

What? Robert? His name is Shane!

I can understand a props person making a mistake. But why didn't the director notice? Or the actors holding the card?

Surely someone filming the scene would have noticed. But there isn't any attempt to hide it. The card clearly says 'to Robert'. :confused:

If memory serves, a freeze frame on the card shows that it says 'To Robert' and includes crude unflattering drawings and things like 'sick bucket' etc.

It was the props people playing a deliberate prank on the actor, rather than an error.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who do you think The Freaks favourite prisoner was (except for Lorelei), I know she didn't really like any of them but she seemed quite fond of Paddy and Pixie on a few occasions.

I know she was also nice to Lexie a couple of times towards the end of Lexies run.

Can't really think of many more.

I tend to think she has a bit of a soft spot for Kath Maxwell or at least she respects her and enjoys working with her on their various schemes. At one point she even says to her 'i have to hand it to you Maxwell,you're quite an asset'

But a more obvious one is the nun Anita Selby.

Regarding Lexie i think she detested her but she only showed a softer side due to the birth of her child. Its like she was nicer to Bobbie a few times too like when Stan was ill but again she always treated Bobbie like dirt and was only being kinder because she had a soft spot for Stan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on ep606 and Rita is arranging for cocaine to be brought in.

WHAT??? She's the top dog - what's she thinking?

Changed days from Bea and Myra.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    I tend to think she has a bit of a soft spot for Kath Maxwell or at least she respects her and enjoys working with her on their various schemes. At one point she even says to her 'i have to hand it to you Maxwell,you're quite an asset'

But a more obvious one is the nun Anita Selby.

Regarding Lexie i think she detested her but she only showed a softer side due to the birth of her child. Its like she was nicer to Bobbie a few times too like when Stan was ill but again she always treated Bobbie like dirt and was only being kinder because she had a soft spot for Stan.

Of course Anita Selby, I forgot her. Yes I would say she was her favourite.
  • BirdsworthBirdsworth Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on ep606 and Rita is arranging for cocaine to be brought in.

WHAT??? She's the top dog - what's she thinking?

Changed days from Bea and Myra.

Doesn't even Rita have an epiphany later on, and become just as much anti-drugs as Bea, or am I mis-remembering this?

It's funny that all through the run of Prisoner, every one of (at least, longterm) top-dogs were vehemently anti-drugs. I wonder how realistic that actually was?
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Birdsworth wrote: »
    Doesn't even Rita have an epiphany later on, and become just as much anti-drugs as Bea, or am I mis-remembering this?

It's funny that all through the run of Prisoner, every one of (at least, longterm) top-dogs were vehemently anti-drugs. I wonder how realistic that actually was?

Probably not very.

Bea was anti-drugs from the get go, because of the back story involving her daughter's overdose.

In my opinion, it feels like the powers that be then decided that the anti-drugs would be the blueprint for the goodies v the baddies who would always be trying to manipulate the pro-drugs prisoners in any kind of top dog power struggle.

Myra's daughter became addicted to drugs, in some ways this plot development could arguably be seen as being shoehorned in just to give Myra the same personalised incentive to keep drugs out, a la Bea Smith.

The Rita story was very weak from the drugs point of view. As has been pointed out, Rita was involved in drugs in the early days. Once it became clear she was going to be the 'goodie' hero for the 1986 season and beyond (had it been renewed), it seems the writers shoehorned in an even weaker reason for Rita turning to an anti drugs stance - apparently it was because she read a pamphlet about the effects of drugs and that was enough to change her outlook.

Of course much later in the series, her brother Bongo became a shadow of his former self as a result of drug addiction, so Rita did have a more direct personal incentive eventually.
  • Nate SeinfeldNate Seinfeld Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is Wentworth?

Modern reworking of Prisoner for one of the Murdoch channels in Oz, Foxtel. Have to say, liking Danielle Cormack as Bea! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is Wentworth?

Wentworth is a modern reimagining of Prisoner.

Producers are keen to say it's a reimagining and not a remake. I'm not exactly sure what the difference is between a reimagining and a remake, but I use the word they use to describe it.

It's a modern take on Wentworth prison set in the present day. With different actors playing characters from Prisoner. And there will also be some new characters.

Many fans have been struggling to get their heads around this most basic of concepts. They keep saying stuff like "How can Bea still be Top Dog?" "Isn't Bea Dead?" and "I can't wait to see what the characters have been getting up to after all these years".

It doesn't matter how much they are told, they just don't seem to get it.

Here's a little preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJvt75gLjKE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Jessie Windom, why wasn't she introduced sooner! And Nancy too!

What a brilliant group now that is starting to form