Options

Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    I watched my first full episode on Tuesday, love Mrs.Tembe, will continue to watch, the show has a nice 'feel' to it

Welcome!

I agree, it does have a nice 'feel' about it. It's a friendly soap :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was really hoping that today would be the day Al and Niamh would get back together. Damn that taxi driver turning up when he did :D
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,871
    Forum Member
    seejay63 wrote: »
    I was really hoping that today would be the day Al and Niamh would get back together. Damn that taxi driver turning up when he did :D

I watched todays episode and part of me in fact a large part of me does not want them to get back together. Niamh is getting really irritating in how she fails to see the wood for the trees on so many things. She moaned at Al for not trusting her judgement yet again today even though she was well in the wrong...again and she fails to remember that when she froze that time and allowed her patient to die (!!!!) that it was she who wanted to resign immediately. Al's one big massive mistake was not agreeing with her on that and talking her into going on that holiday which they never enjoyed and were never going to enjoy either.
  • Options
    The_Time_BeingThe_Time_Being Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    How many martial arts instructors don't yet have black belts? She was only a purple.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How many martial arts instructors don't yet have black belts? She was only a purple.

I thought that too. My son used to do karate and his first instructor was something like a 7th Dan, but then the one who took over from him was only a green belt (at the time)

There don't seem to be many belts in jiu jitsu

At the risk of sounding like a teenager, Al and Niamh sooooooo want to get back together :D

Mrs Tembe was very rude to Al (and everybody else really, but particularly Al) when she wouldn't even say 'please' to him.

Ayesha obviously doesn't know that Mrs Tembe can be quite the tiger when she finds the right man :D

Lovely Sid :D:D
  • Options
    TramboneTrambone Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, what can the matter be?
    Al should have left Mrs T in the lavatory.

Why won't she remove her outer garments? Has she been shopping at Ann Summers?
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,389
    Forum Member
    Perhaps she has scars on her body from her time in Botswana. As she was so in love with her Reverend she allowed him to see them. Mrs T led a bit of a life back then that we still don't know the half of I think.
  • Options
    justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps she has scars on her body from her time in Botswana. As she was so in love with her Reverend she allowed him to see them. Mrs T led a bit of a life back then that we still don't know the half of I think.

I was thinking that there must be some kind of back story to explain her reluctance toundress even for the doctors.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm 2 weeks behind but is Sid a regular character? He's not in the top cast list.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome!

I agree, it does have a nice 'feel' about it. It's a friendly soap :D

Thanks, but why does the Dr in glasses have such a thing against Mrs.T?
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trambone wrote: »
    Oh dear, what can the matter be?
    Al should have left Mrs T in the lavatory.

Why won't she remove her outer garments? Has she been shopping at Ann Summers?

I think it was more a comfort/ discretion thing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    Thanks, but why does the Dr in glasses have such a thing against Mrs.T?

He thinks she's a busybody :D
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    He thinks she's a busybody :D
    She is :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A good week in Letherbridge

Tuesday

Loved the way the episode focused on Zara. It was nice to see the episode continue from where Friday's left off. This episode was proper Doctors I felt it was one of the best in ages.

Mrs Tembe loves her fire drills :D I thought Sid done a great Job tbh,

LOL at Mrs Tembe being pushed out by a wheel chair. Some great comic moments

Wednesday

I was surprised by this episode given it only featured Al and Nimah with the rest guest stars but it was a very enjoyable show and shown us why Al and Nimah really should get back together again. I wish they spent the night in the Hotel.

Thursday

Why can't Zara hold her hands up and admit things are wrong with her Marriage.
    She seems intent on having a go at people and pushing away people that have been helping her.

LOL at Mrs Tembe and Al. They really do enjoy annoying eachother.

That guy that got beaten up was very sexy :blush:

Friday

Mrs Tembe high on Pain killers :D

Daniel seems to be having the last laugh here. He is right though Zara can't make all the decisions.

Monday's episode looks Brilliant. Daniel,Zara against Jimmi:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I'm 2 weeks behind but is Sid a regular character? He's not in the top cast list.
    I think he is but I dunno why they don't credit Sid as a regular character.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Why can't Zara hold her hands up and admit things are wrong with her Marriage.
    She seems intent on having a go at people and pushing away people that have been helping her.

There are things wrong with her relationship created by her. She was fine, loved Daniel, couldn't wait for him to come home, then Michael decided to overstep the professional boundaries, and Jimmi didn't help with his nasty, snidey comment. She needs to eat some humble pie and admit she's wrong and apologise to Daniel. He doesn't deserve what he's putting her through.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,871
    Forum Member
    I've caught up with most episodes now. Zara really needs to wake up and smell the coffee or someone needs to tell her the blatant obvious which is....

It was a nanny that was going on about Joe not reaching his "development goals" not a Doctor. Yes lay people can get medical things right but just because Joe might not be as sharp as other kids his age doesn't mean he is ill in any way. What makes Zara think that all kids must be the same in ability or there is something wrong with them?! :confused:

Mrs Tembe back problem reminded me on an ex colleague who was bending over a icre cream fridge, stocking it up and then found she couldn't get/stand upright again. I wasn't there to witness it but I was told about it and I always never really laughed about in case I suffered bad luck as a result!

On Sidney, what on earth is he doing getting back with Zara for as a mentor? She really has gone into stupid cow mode and is no way treating him right and he shouldn't put up with it either. It almost seems like Howard has already left and if he's going to carry on being as absent as he has been since just before easter then can they please hurry up and get his replacement in now and make sure they bring in someone who has the same ooommppphh as Julia in giving them all a good kick up the backside as and when they need one?!

Finally for now, that episode where Rob went fishing and was attacked by that guy who couldn't get over the abuse his dad dished out to him as a kid was a pretty good episode and was directed by Mathew Chambers too I noticed. I think while Daniel is behaving himself, I'd prefer him to stay in front of the camera rather than behind it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    It was a nanny that was going on about Joe not reaching his "development goals" not a Doctor. Yes lay people can get medical things right but just because Joe might not be as sharp as other kids his age doesn't mean he is ill in any way. What makes Zara think that all kids must be the same in ability or there is something wrong with them?! :confused:

It was a nanny (probably no more qualifed to pontificate about children than I am) who mentioned something first, then she bumped into that competitive mother in the library (awful women those competitive mums). In reality there's probably nothing wrong with Joe. It will all even itself out once he gets to school.

Meanwhile we have horrible Michael muscling in where he's not wanted >:(
  • Options
    Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a nanny (probably no more qualifed to pontificate about children than I am) who mentioned something first, then she bumped into that competitive mother in the library (awful women those competitive mums). In reality there's probably nothing wrong with Joe. It will all even itself out once he gets to school.

Meanwhile we have horrible Michael muscling in where he's not wanted >:(

I'm pretty sure the Nanny was leaving her job as nanny at the time she said this - sour grapes?
    I hope Michael disappears soon - don't like him and his presumption that he is preferable to Daniel for Zara.
  • Options
    KiraaaKiraaa Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Really good week of episodes.

Tuesday's episode
    Best episode for awhile. I loved the use of music and how it left of from Friday's episode. Loved Zara saying in the flash backs about Daniel not getting his own way, pot kettle Zara. Michael is a manipulative man, talking about his daughter liking Zara and about Daniel the way he did Grr>:(. Loved Karen telling ng Zara about her taking her anger out on staff because she has gotten away with that far too often, I'm glad Karen said something. The Emma/Zara friendship is interesting to watch. I want to feel sympathy for Zara but I can't because she has created this mess and doesn't want to take any responsibility for it. Brilliant acting by Elisabeth Dermot Walsh.

Wednesday's Episode
    Was different just having Al and Nimah as the only main cast but it was really enjoyable episode. I don't agree with Al and Niamh getting back together this episode showed why they shouldn't as Nimah is always going to think she lowering herself to him and that he should be lucky that he is with her. Also Nimah really got on my nerves when she was having a go at Al about him not trusting her judgement. She does realise someone died because she had confidence crisis but it's okay because she's over that now and is the worlds best doctor.

Thursday's Episode
    Bloody love Mrs Tembe in this episode she and Al really made me laugh when she was stuck in the toilets. Poor Sid, I wish he would stand up to Zara she really is being nasty to him. Good SOTD. Daniel is right about Zara not taking any responsibility for what has happened, she is really annoying me with her attitude right now. Loved the new interior for the Icon.

Friday's Episode
    The SOTD was okay, was improved by having Karen in it. I'm glad Daniel has the upper hand with the Michael situation. I can't wait until
    Daniel punches Michael
    Monday's episode looks good with Daniel/Jimmi/Zara.
    There are things wrong with her relationship created by her. She was fine, loved Daniel, couldn't wait for him to come home, then Michael decided to overstep the professional boundaries, and Jimmi didn't help with his nasty, snidey comment. She needs to eat some humble pie and admit she's wrong and apologise to Daniel. He doesn't deserve what he's putting her through.
    I don't know why Zara can't just say she was wrong because she is. What if the roles were reversed and Daniel had done that? And then treated her like she is treating him, it would be completely different rules.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zara admitting she is wrong. You are having a laugh ain't ya :D
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    I think Zara's issues about Joe stem from guilt - was he premature? Is it because she's a working mother that she feels guilty for something?

And, I've missed a couple of weeks - has no-one batted Jimmi into his place yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jimmi is still upsetting everyone. Looking at the clips for tomorrows episode it's Al's turn despite him trying to help.
    There was no need for Jimmi to turn on Mrs Tembe. After all she has done for him.

Loved that Daniel,Zara and Jimmi scene. It seems Daniel and Zara have made up now :D

Poor Ryan.I wouldn't mind rolling around on the floor with him :blush:

Karen and Rob never fail to make me smile.

Good start to the week.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to know what happened to today's patient. What did he do to him?
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh welcome back gay storyline of the day can post traumatic stress be far behind
This discussion has been closed.