the reason I'm single is because my social life sucks. what's your reason?

marc_p88marc_p88 Posts: 1,133
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is the worst time of year to be single. Everyone enjoying themselves as couples, rubbing it in your face, all happy and giggling with one another. Doesn't it make you feel shit? Maybe I'll be able to go out on new years and make out with a total stranger to make myself feel better.

Comments

• SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    This thread is exclusionist. I suggest you post it on a Singles website so that everyone can join in.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marc_p88 wrote: »
    Doesn't it make you feel shit?

Nope :)

This is my first Christmas single in about 9 years. I can't wait. I'm going to drink advocaat in the morning and stay in my PJs all day because I don't have to go see someone elses family. It's going to be bloody epic.
  • Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Meh Ive been single for years now, ive had interest but the women turned out to be morons. I find it more fun spending time with friends and family. Life aint all bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    This is the worst time of year to be single. Everyone enjoying themselves as couples, rubbing it in your face, all happy and giggling with one another. Doesn't it make you feel shit? Maybe I'll be able to go out on new years and make out with a total stranger to make myself feel better.

Not really, I'd rather see people looking happy than screaming at each other. I used to work in a public-facing environment, and if there was a happy, giggly couple, it actually brightened the day, even if I was single at the time.

I remember one miserable couple coming in, with the bloke moaning about the cost of a kitchen from Wickes, and the woman treating him like shit, and I felt depressed after just five minutes in their company...
  • scott789sscott789s Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I've been living my own for 12 years and wouldn't have it any other way.
  • ChristopherJChristopherJ Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »

This is my first Christmas single in about 9 years.

Let's hope it knocks Lily Allen off the top spot!
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

If you become more independent of other people, then you'll worry less about what they get up to.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My social life sucks because I'm not single, Am I excused?
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the worst time of year to be single. Everyone enjoying themselves as couples, rubbing it in your face, all happy and giggling with one another.

You're probably alone because you're so bitter.

http://i.imgur.com/4JiCoDY.png
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's hope it knocks Lily Allen off the top spot!

... :D
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funk You wrote: »
    Meh Ive been single for years now, ive had interest but the women turned out to be morons.

I told you, you've got to stop going to the psychiatric unit to pull.
  • marc_p88marc_p88 Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    You're probably alone because you're so bitter.

http://i.imgur.com/4JiCoDY.png

Not bitter, just envious.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason i am on my own is because i want to be and i have a very good social life when not at work.

I have my own flat,friends and Life and 2 grown up sons thats enough for me, and i love going to Rock Gigs.:)
  • marc_p88marc_p88 Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is my first Christmas single in about 9 years. I can't wait. I'm going to drink advocaat in the morning and stay in my PJs all day because I don't have to go see someone elses family. It's going to be bloody epic.

Ok, but maybe that's because you've been in a relationship previously. I have never been in a serious relationship. Might be my own fault for not wanting to date certain girls, but I don't wanna get into a relationship out of boredom. Just getting some regular sex would help lol. Got no chance of that with very little social life.
  • NortherlyNortherly Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no social life at all as I have few friends, no interest in making any new ones and I am not that nice.

On the plus side I have nice hair
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but it's my own fault. I am semi social but I still often turn out invites for night's out. I'm just that kind of person, I need more time alone than the average person, and I wish I wasn't.

It does really suck to be alone at this time of year though :(
  • Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because I want to be, I love the idea of having a new fling every month. I tried to do the whole long term girlfriend thing before, it's time consuming...I don't want to hear about work problems when I could rather be watching DVDs or playing video games, I'm not at that settle with one person forever stage yet, getting their bloody hair in my mouth every morning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, but maybe that's because you've been in a relationship previously. I have never been in a serious relationship. Might be my own fault for not wanting to date certain girls, but I don't wanna get into a relationship out of boredom. Just getting some regular sex would help lol. Got no chance of that with very little social life.

Well, to be honest, from your threads you post on here you sound fairly bitter as well as quite a judgemental person (from the overweight and women lacking class threads).

As someone who is your age and just considering getting back into the whole dating game, I must say those two things would be me right off before I even got to know you.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That sounds blummin great (apart from the advocaat bit).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Well, to be honest, from your threads you post on here you sound fairly bitter as well as quite a judgemental person (from the overweight and women lacking class threads).

As someone who is your age and just considering getting back into the whole dating game, I must say those two things would be me right off before I even got to know you.

Would him approaching you in the street pretending to ask for the time, but is actually a smokescreen for wanting to get in your knickers, somehow make you reconsider changing your opinion?

I don't always think that people are single because their social life sucks. Their social life and singleton lifestyle sucks because nobody likes them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Because I'm a hermit.
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    If you become more independent of other people, then you'll worry less about what they get up to.

Well said.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member

I LOVE being single at Christmas, whilst all my coupled up friends are bitching about having to spend lots on the other person, I rejoice at only having to buy for my parents (and then friends if we do presents). So many of my friends have boyfriends who don't like her going anywhere without them, and they have to see his friends more than hers. if that's true love you can keep it! I'd rather spend Christmas with my own family and friends. Selfish? Hell, yes. Would I change my mind later? Possibly! But as a 22 year old, i could care less about it. I just want to enjoy myself and I don't need to be in a relationship to do that.

The reason I'm not currently with anyone? My ex boyfriend came on to my best friend. Cheating or an attempt to cheat is a massive no no, goodbye and thank you, don't let the door hit you on your way out!
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because I want to be, I love the idea of having a new fling every month. I tried to do the whole long term girlfriend thing before, it's time consuming...I don't want to hear about work problems when I could rather be watching DVDs or playing video games, I'm not at that settle with one person forever stage yet, getting their bloody hair in my mouth every morning.

Which hair are we talking about? :D
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which hair are we talking about? :D

You have the point by the short and curlies.:D:D:D:o