The Yes Credit Card

stairwaystairway Posts: 1,500
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I got an email offering me, if i have bad credit to rebuild it, to get a Yes Credit Card. No credit check , 100% acceptance.
They want a £29:95 up front fee and then a monthly fee of £14:95.and you get a credit limit of £2500.
Does this sound like a " too good to be true " offer ? Has anyone got one?

Comments

• QFourQFour Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anything that sound to good to be true usually is ..

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4993210

You pay £30 Admin up front and then £15 a month just to have the card. THEN you have to pay 15% APR on what you have borrowed / spent .. :o

So it costs you £210 the first year and you even have to pay it if you don't owe them anything .. After the end of the first year its ONLY £180
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stairway wrote: »
    I got an email offering me, if i have bad credit to rebuild it, to get a Yes Credit Card. No credit check , 100% acceptance.
    They want a £29:95 up front fee and then a monthly fee of £14:95.and you get a credit limit of £2500.

Don't touch it with a barge pole
  • HypnosssHypnosss Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In what way does that deal sound too good to be true? Sounds like a terrible deal to me, paying to have a credit card is insane!
  • artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You really haven't done your research on this so called "credit card", have you?

A simple look at their website and you can see it is NOT a credit card in thier sense you think it is. It is in fact a "store card" disguised as a credit card in which you can ONLY use it to purchase things from their website, probably at over inflated prices.

Buyer beware.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I urge everyone to not touch this so called credit card...They completely sift you in every way possible...Please note!! It is NOT your typical credit card..they give you credit to spend in their own catalogue ie a TV what they dont tell you is that you have to pay a deposit and the delivery expenses on top and up front which is taken from the bank or card details w frotage which they take when you joined ...when I joined I thought it was a good deal until I went to their shopping page...I ordered a tv and then discovered they wanted over 180 pound from my own debit card and the tv would be charged to the cards they give you...If something seems to good to be true then it is..stay clear from the yes card..total.scam
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I got my fee back straight away and told them I would report them to the financial ombudsmen if they did not agree..as I knew they were givin out misleading information about what they were offering...stay clear from this company you will lose more money than you think...and there goods are way over priced than what you can get elsewhere...simply not worth it and they will scam you
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never respond to any unsolicited communications. Don't even read or listen to them.

No-one is going to call you or send an email because they want to help you. It's always themselves they are trying to help.
  • ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's credit for people who mainstream lenders won't touch, and this is reflected in their sky high fees and interest rates.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I can't believe there's enough idiots out there that keep something like this commercially viable. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    striing wrote: »
    I don't understand it when companies like aqua give credit builder cards for free (assuming you pay them off every month).

Exactly. Other than those who would be considered vulnerable, people must take some responsibility for signing up for something like this. I'm sure their unfavourable terms were in the small print.
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,637
    Forum Member
    plymgary wrote: »
    Exactly. Other than those who would be considered vulnerable, people must take some responsibility for signing up for something like this. I'm sure their unfavourable terms were in the small print.

People always want to "blame" someone else for their mistakes basically. Its like those people who go abroad with their mobile phone and then whinge to the press when they're stung with a big bill for downloading something on 3g/4g. Its written in the T&Cs of the contracts they signed up to but of course they didn't read it.

Likely the same people are the type who moan when they sign up to a loan or credit card with ridiculous interest rates and charges.