Options

Iceland Ads.

2»

Comments

• Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never though I'd hear "luxury" and "scampi and chips" in the same sentence.
    Everything looks repulsive.

(I bet they hate their ads being followed by an M&S ad :D)
  • Options
    Rusty NailsRusty Nails Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Stacey was able to eat a pig's brain, but I think the Iceland food was a step too far.
  • Options
    Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ofcom need to be informed about the misuse of the word 'luxury'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :yawn:
    /|\

Even my sweet toothed daughter says the chocolate cakes look like poop on a sponge. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Im sorry but i am quite sick of seeing her and her big bucked teeth!
  • Options
    dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was so repulsed by the look of the food that I sent an email to Iceland. At least they had the decency to write back and thank me for my comments. Their reply was as follows:-

Thank you for contacting us about our recent advertising campaign. I am sorry that you are disappointed and feel we've let you down.

When planning our advertisements we take great care to ensure we follow the advertising standards authority guidelines. Also, we ask a panel of people from different backgrounds to view the adverts, so we have a clear picture of the message the advert gives. The feedback we've received so far, has been positive.

However, because it’s a new campaign, we are monitoring customer response closely. Your feedback is important, and I’ve passed your comments on to our marketing team.

I’m sorry, once again that you are unhappy with our new adverts. Thank you for taking the time to contact us, to let us know your views.
  • Options
    squadgesquadge Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ready to Go is doing my head in . Surely they could use more than one song for the adverts. The adverts were okay the first 5 times - now I really hate Iceland!
  • Options
    Roddy's TeddyRoddy's Teddy Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I confess that the first time I heard the voiceover say, "Party Like a Celebrity" I actually thought they said, "Farting Like a Celebrity" and was all shocked until I realised I'd misheard. But looking at the food........:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I despise the whole mentality of the ad. 'Part like a celeb' with crappy frozen prawns with garlic sauce ect.

Utter scum of an ad campaign.

The 'celebs' in the ad dont even bother pretending to eat the shat that the ad is telling us to buy.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont mind the iceland food some of there party food is nice but there was a meatball sub that my mum bought me from thrre on their ad it looked full of sauce and cheese i thought ut would be like the real subway meat ball sub but it was horrible there was no sauce and only a sprinkle of cheese