ISIHAC in terminal decline ?

spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else think I'm sorry I haven;t a clue is going downhill fast?

Jack Dee is nicely droll, and the panellists are individually good, but whoever thought up the latest new "games" is a complete git! Last episode I heard was dire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_Sorry_I_Haven%27t_a_Clue

Comments

• snossissnossis Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I listened this afternoon and thought they were on beating form! It'll never be as good as it was in Humphs day, but Jack does a great job, and I laughed out loud at the digs at Ricky Gervais! As long as the cast still enjoy it and it raises a laugh, then its good by me.
  • Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's still top notch!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    I reckon the show has gotten far better since Jack Dee became host.

The panellists are a lot sharper and more daring on occasions, and it's nice to hear
    more innovative rounds like "Spot The Sig" and the duck call game.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even a joke as elastic as this can only be stretched so far.

It's sounding utterly tired and time it was put out of it's misery.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's still top notch!

I agree, it is still far funnier than anything else on Radio 4 so if it is in terminal decline then it does not say much for the other programmes.
  • colinhanslipcolinhanslip Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Each to their own I guess, but although I am not a regular listener, I caught this programme by accident in the car last week. It was so entertaining that my wife and I couldn't get out of the car when we got home, and I cannot think of many times radio has been that captivating for us before. Incidentally, my wife is an American, and commented that they just don't have anything like this in the US.
  • R.O.R.R.O.R. Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    It's still listenable, but...

-Would prefer not to have ubiquitous panel game guests like Marcus Brigstocke appearing, after it's all supposed to be the antidote to panel games...

-I think they should have retired 'Samantha' when Humph died
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samantha's usually a man with a beard, right???!

I think the format's still fine, but, the latest games are crap!

For example, changing 1 letter in a film title ..........
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    I agree, it is still far funnier than anything else on Radio 4 so if it is in terminal decline then it does not say much for the other programmes.

Ed Reardon's week - brilliant.

Cabin Pressure - brilliant

Old Harry's Game - brilliant.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    Ed Reardon's week - brilliant.

Cabin Pressure - brilliant

Old Harry's Game - brilliant.

The first has it's moments. Christopher Douglas is excellent.

The other two are knuckle grindingly awful. Actually embarassing. Most R4 comedy is.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R.O.R. wrote: »
    -Would prefer not to have ubiquitous panel game guests like Marcus Brigstocke appearing, after it's all supposed to be the antidote to panel games...

I am amused by Brigstocke mocking the celebrities who appear in the BBC Christmas promo film.

Now who was in the promo film for BBC 4 Extra that never seemed to be off our screens ...............

Just shows what a hypocrite he is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    i can't understand why Harry Hill was never invited back, he absolutely bought the house down, they had to edit the recording because the audience was in hysterics
  • PeterBPeterB Posts: 9,487
    Forum Member
    spiney2 wrote: »
    Samantha's usually a man with a beard, right???!

I think the format's still fine, but, the latest games are crap!

For example, changing 1 letter in a film title ..........

Samantha sits on Jack's left hand.
  • jeffersbnljeffersbnl Posts: 4,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to see it recorded a few weeks ago- haven't laughed that much in ages, absolutely hilarious. Of course theres the occasional game that doesn't work too well but its still brilliantly funny, utterly unique radio. Jack Dee has settled in nicely- theres certain aspects of Humph's presentation there but hes not trying to be exactly the same, which is fortunate because nobody ever could. I never miss it.

The gentle mocking of Nicholas Parsons is one recent addition I've particularly enjoyed- and I say that as someone who likes an occasional bit of Just A Minute.
  • jeffersbnljeffersbnl Posts: 4,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PeterB wrote: »
    Samantha sits on Jack's left hand.
    Or the teams right hand.

And, having been to see it recorded, all I can say about her is- wow :D