Options

Wonderful Comet

This company really knows how to stoop to low levels of customer service.

Received a call from a customer requesting technical support on her Television. I advised her that due to it being a Comet exclusive we are unable to provide support cause we simply do not have technical information. Part of the agreement between JVC Japan and Comet is for them to provide all aspects of support.

All the lady wanted was advice on how to retune, and wonderful or how not wonderful Comet told her as the TV is outside of warranty they can send someone round for £60:eek:

Then minutes later another customer with another Comet exclusive had same issue only this time they could not tell her where the menu button was on the remote control, they asked her to call us.

Again we have no support data, we do not see the televisions, we do not see instruction manuals, we do not see remote controls and this is why Comet are responsible.

Their store staff from advisers on the shop floor to store managers to technical support staff are useless.

How this Company remained on the high street is beyond me.

We get calls on a daily basis about Comet exclusives and are sick and tired of that stores complete incompetance.

They use an 08712 number 10p per minute robbing bastards for then never to offer support how wonderful they are ! NOT

Seems the only way to wake a company up is to publically bash them !

Comments

• Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,517
    Forum Member
    So why keep moaning about it? - it's JVC's choice to have done this, it's their fault more than Comets.
  • Options
    cbram1970cbram1970 Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    So why keep moaning about it? - it's JVC's choice to have done this, it's their fault more than Comets.

Nigel when a company accepts responsibilty to offer all aspects of service in return for having our brand name in their stores, it is expected that they should actually adhere to the contract. If they cannot then they should have not signed the contract, also we are not being paid to their job :rolleyes:

I have expressed my views to the company I represent, and they say yes Comet are responsilbe for everything. As you know views of staff are never taken into consideration, cause management do not handle the customer calls, maybe if they did heads at Comet would roll.

So as that approach is not working here I am :)

In all honesty if I was JVC Japan and knew of the problems Comet cause, then the contract would be pulled and products would be supplied to a more worthy retailer :)
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,517
    Forum Member
    cbram1970 wrote: »
    In all honesty if I was JVC Japan and knew of the problems Comet cause, then the contract would be pulled and products would be supplied to a more worthy retailer :)

Presumably Comet were chosen because no more worthy retailers were interested? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Presumably Comet were chosen because no more worthy retailers were interested? :D

Probably have to agree in principle, but it is so frustrating for us not being able to help customers who are really unaware they have brought a Comet exclusive, but then again it shouldnt be us to help when Comet are paid to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cbram1970 wrote: »
    Probably have to agree in principle, but it is so frustrating for us not being able to help customers who are really unaware they have brought a Comet exclusive, but then again it shouldnt be us to help when Comet are paid to.

Add another caller who had a dead Comet exclusive which was still under warranty and they said sorry nothing to do with us contact the insurance company which is D&G. Oh dear D&G only assist once the 12 month warranty has expired. Comet need some real and very harsh lessons in consumer rights and consumer law !

Fainess to D&G and they referred the customer back to Comet :)

If Comet carry on treating customers like this, which is why I am highlighting the problems publically, then they have 2 options change or fail, and cease trading.
  • Options
    Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comet used to be very good back in the day. Sadly, they are another example of a company who just don't care anymore. Visit some of their shops to see what I mean.

Onto the OP's post. If you buy a car and the starter motor goes wrong, you take the car back to the dealer that sold it to you not to the manufacturer of the starter motor.

This is a simple principle, ergo, your TV goes wrong it should be down to the retailer who sold you the TV to fix it.

What's the problem here?
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just more "do it yourself" i'm afrais, as i had to contact TOSHIBA, when i had found a dead pixel, to get a conformation code ..... but after that comet were more than happy to help

retuning a tv is NOT a warrinty subject, as any eletrical store should give out advice, perhaps not for a specific product

and perhaps there should be big red and bold lettering on packaging telling people to READ THE MANUAL:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To the last 2 posters, read my post again. I work for the customer services dept of JVC UK. We get daily complaints from people who have purchased JVC TV from Comet. Yet again I will explain. JVC Japan not JVC UK signed an agreement with Comet to sell the JVC Brand, sets are made to Comet Specs. JVC UK do not hold any technical data as there is supposed to be an agreement between JVC Japan and Comet where they being Comet agreed to provide all aspects of technical support, repairs and spare part enquiries. We JVC UK cannot assist customers and have to refer a customer back to Comet, who have already had the misfortune of calling Conmet oops Comet on an 08712 number only to be told sorry we cannot help call JVC UK.

Again and this is clear enough Comet seem to sell a product then never provide the after sales service in this instance they are contracted to DO!

I have informed my managers who dont seem to be interested, I have spoken to Managers at Comet again not interested, so maybe if I highlight the problems people have in a public forum they will get a grip and start to fulfill their contractural obligations.

But I doubt they will do nothing cause that is just their way, I mean a company that also made illegal copies of Windows operating systems speaks for itself :)

Should add my comments are those of my own opinion and not that of the Company I have represent :)
  • Options
    rottweilerrottweiler Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JVC are as bad as comet, I wouldn't touch either with yours
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rottweiler wrote: »
    JVC are as bad as comet, I wouldn't touch either with yours
    No Comment, but then on a personal level I would never do so either.