It has been confirmed. Live feed axed. (Part 11)

1143144145146147149»

Comments

• richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know of the official reason why channel 5 shortened down the live feed last night?

The eviction was pre-recorded as they have to get rentamob off the premises by 11, due to local council rules about noise and the nearby residents in the area

So they had to cut off earlier as we would have found out who was going on the LF rather than finding out on the 2nd show
  • happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    https://www.facebook.com/BigBrotherAU?sk=app_211427168875708&ref=woobox

Meg Flynn: will we be able to purchase online packages for 24/7 viewing this year?:
    Purchasing will not be necessary Meg. The online content will be free.

taken from the official BBAUS Facebook it looks like it could mean the live feed could be free
    unless it only means online content such as clips etc but looking good atm
  • cloudycloudy Posts: 3,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    The eviction was pre-recorded as they have to get rentamob off the premises by 11, due to local council rules about noise and the nearby residents in the area

So they had to cut off earlier as we would have found out who was going on the LF rather than finding out on the 2nd show

And with a 2nd eviction show planned this Friday for 11pm i expect C5 will cut LIVE FEED to 23 mins again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happybbfan wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/BigBrotherAU?sk=app_211427168875708&ref=woobox

Meg Flynn: will we be able to purchase online packages for 24/7 viewing this year?:
    Purchasing will not be necessary Meg. The online content will be free.

taken from the official BBAUS Facebook it looks like it could mean the live feed could be free
    unless it only means online content such as clips etc but looking good atm

lets hope thats the case :)
    we saw it with the French Secret story via Daily Motion that was all Free also.C5 will never be able to explain away the mistakes they made for this year last year with it all being rushed through they had a pretty Valid excuse this time its all down to them being so out of touch its unreal.
    Forum Member
    lets hope thats the case :)
    we saw it with the French Secret story via Daily Motion that was all Free also.C5 will never be able to explain away the mistakes they made for this year last year with it all being rushed through they had a pretty Valid excuse this time its all down to them being so out of touch its unreal.

What would be really good is if BBAUS has free live feed and the ratings are very good too
    jeff Ford will regret saying to BBAUS that C5 BB doesn't need live feed then
    Forum Member
    I guess as with everything else to do with BB
    they can change the rules at any time
    and they have changed the live feed too
    advertising a 1 hour slot of live feed then changing it to 30mins
    if they can change the schedules that quickly then they could so easily
    add more live feed just as easily as they have taken it away

right now i wish C5 would just axe the show because messing around like this is destroying the good memories i have of BB on C4
    i just want it to end now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess as with everything else to do with BB
    they can change the rules at any time
    and they have changed the live feed too
    advertising a 1 hour slot of live feed then changing it to 30mins
    if they can change the schedules that quickly then they could so easily
    add more live feed just as easily as they have taken it away

right now i wish C5 would just axe the show because messing around like this is destroying the good memories i have of BB on C4
    i just want it to end now

Apparently they have spilt the show in half for next friday like the other night meaning people only get 30 mins.:yawn:

looks like they will use duff numbers to tell people thats the reason they didnt bother with more.Best thing I did was giveup this show after it left Channel 4 theres no talking to this shower now in charge
  • shelly34shelly34 Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    rantings for Saturday only 985k that is so bad.
    Forum Member
    shelly34 wrote: »
    rantings for Saturday only 985k that is so bad.

1.1m inc +1 but i don't like counting those figures
    because C5 didn't have +1 last year
    its dire ratings either way for a show that
    costs a hell of a lot of money to produce etc
    Forum Member
    and the answer is the live feed if they brought it back they would have good ratings.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1.1m inc +1 but i don't like counting those figures
    because C5 didn't have +1 last year
    its dire ratings either way for a show that
    costs a hell of a lot of money to produce etc

It actually doesn't cost that much and remember they are recouping money through their sponsors and product placement deals which Channel 4 never did.
    Forum Member
    shelly34 wrote: »
    and the answer is the live feed if they brought it back they would have good ratings.

C5 seem happy to accept low ratings and drive viewers away
    very odd way to behave imo
    when all other tv stations are desperate to attract viewers especially ITV atm
    if 256k can manage to find 5* on friday for just 30mins of livefeed then I'm sure that many more would tune in if C5 made it available on internet or on 5*
    Forum Member
    i agree and if they charged to watch it they would make a lot of money as well.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest, it seems to be doing no harm at the moment. Last night got 1.50m incl +1, the highest rated non eviction in three weeks.
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    To be honest, it seems to be doing no harm at the moment. Last night got 1.50m incl +1, the highest rated non eviction in three weeks.

Unfortunately even with reasonable ratings like this
    the one thing that must be taken into account is how expensive
    this show has cost C5
    when episodes of CSI can muster similar ratings at a fraction of the cost,even this rating for BB will seem insignificant
    the ratings should and could easily be getting 1.8m overnight with live feed regardless
    Buying BB was meant to improve the overall ratings share for C5 and improve ratings for their other shows,this hasn't happened
    Remember C5 and Desmond are only interested in money and profits
    Desmond has scrapped programmes without much notice before including OKTV which cost a fortune to re-model etc
    BB for C5 has been an expensive deal which i don't think is seeing a great return
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,793
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=59425825#post59425825
    This discussion has been closed.