The main criticism of Deana is that she is boring...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
Forum Member
But to be fair, so are most of the housemates.

We rarely ever see Luke A/S, Sara, Scott smiling or laughing?
And from watching the clips posted online that aren't in the show, I saw that Deana can be very funny!

Comments

• geraldbeangeraldbean Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The boring ones in there are Scott and Luke S
  • dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if Deana is as boring as Luke A/S, Sara and Scott, does that mean they deserve to win too?
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last few days I've found her to be increasingly sanctimonious and judgmental. I could take or leave her before but she does my head in now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is all about her face! Her expression. When most of the hms are quiet, they still look alive. Deana looks like her batteries have ran out. There is no life in there. It is like someone has switched the lights off.

Apart from confrontations and/or tasks she does nothing worth mentioning.
  • Tebby_InamaTebby_Inama Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke s is the most boring for me.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a forum tradition that the favourite HM receives a lot of stick, especially as we get closer to the final.

Deana hasn't given her dislikers a lot to work with, she rarely puts a foot wrong, so all we're left with is 'she's boring', 'she plays up to the cameras', etc.

Quite amusing really:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    dtorre wrote: »
    So if Deana is as boring as Luke A/S, Sara and Scott, does that mean they deserve to win too?

I never said that she deserves to win because of that.

People always have favourites in the house and just because other housemates have similar behaviours is doesn't make them the same person.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    The most boring housemates for me are Scott and Luke S, Scott is just meh and Luke S talks with absolutely no expression.

Sara and Deana both giggle quite a lot but I do agree with the "battery run out" comment about Deana, although I love her:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It really irritates me when people keep saying she is boring! Absolutely none of them have any real entertainment value.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a forum tradition that the favourite HM receives a lot of stick, especially as we get closer to the final.

Deana hasn't given her dislikers a lot to work with, she rarely puts a foot wrong, so all we're left with is 'she's boring', 'she plays up to the cameras', etc.

Quite amusing really:D

She really has it's just that her followers seem to completely ignore her when she is rude and looks down her nose at people or fights with them
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Each to their own, but Deana has probably made me laugh more than anyone else in the house. And it's not contrived humour either. I never feel like she's trying too hard to be funny.

Also, Deana's the type of character who leaves me wanting to know more (whereas I feel like I know all there is to know about the likes of Becky, Conor and Ashleigh - there's not much depth to them). Deana intrigues me, as does Adam (and to a degree Caroline).
  • Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she isn't boring to me.

I don't give a crap if people that dislike her find her boring.
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luke A also gets similar criticism for being boring, however half the topics lately seem to be about him. Go figure...

Disliking a housemate for "being boring" seems like such a lazy reason to dislike someone. Almost as meaningless as "they are fake" or "they don't say it like it is" and other reality TV inspired drivel.
  • Rapunzal1977Rapunzal1977 Posts: 1,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what ion gods name do they have to laigh about being stuck in a house with a bunch of morons! Totally ruined their time in the house - imagine sitting in house with illterate, idiotic, morons
  • Rapunzal1977Rapunzal1977 Posts: 1,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would look down my nose at the likes of Conor / Ash and Becky - a higher class o scum

Seriously - an embarrassment to the youth of today! I have 13 year cousins with more social skills than those twits!
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    Deanas face tells the truth.Watch her expressions when the camera isnt directly on her and she has an expression that would curdle milk most of the time. :eek:
  • skinfadeskinfade Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Deana fans are seeing something that isn't there. A little bit of bullying and they feel sorry for her. She is actually a complete non-entity.
  • weeeselweeesel Posts: 5,256
    Forum Member
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    Deanas face tells the truth.Watch her expressions when the camera isnt directly on her and she has an expression that would curdle milk most of the time. :eek:

Not sure what the eek is about - if I cast my eyes around a room containing Caroline, Ashleigh, Conor and Becky, I'm sure my expression would rapidly sour... and Idoubt I'm alone.
  • ScottHarrisScottHarris Posts: 2,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My main criticism of Deana is that she is always thinking about the same thing..........the ass group. Adam and Luke A would be talking about something then Deana would get involved and start talking about how they should all stick together and constantly reminding them that the ass group are out to get them. You could be having fun then Deana the mood killer would pop by and ruin everything.
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    weeesel wrote: »
    Not sure what the eek is about - if I cast my eyes around a room containing Caroline, Ashleigh, Conor and Becky, I'm sure my expression would rapidly sour... and Idoubt I'm alone.

Im concerned for any milk nearby.
  • JJ69JJ69 Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skinfade wrote: »
    Deana fans are seeing something that isn't there. A little bit of bullying and they feel sorry for her. She is actually a complete non-entity.

Are we? I'm so glad you told me. I obviously don't know my own mind :rolleyes:
  • 88Paul9988Paul99 Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is all about her face! Her expression. When most of the hms are quiet, they still look alive. Deana looks like her batteries have ran out. There is no life in there. It is like someone has switched the lights off.

Apart from confrontations and/or tasks she does nothing worth mentioning.

It can't be fun for her knowing there is someone who hates her in the house. Plus he is influential. Plus his hatred is irrational. Plus it has lasted all series.

There's never been a BB with such a long term problem as this.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really irritates me when people keep saying she is boring! Absolutely none of them have any real entertainment value.
    If none of them have any real entertainment value -- a reasonable view, imo -- that entails that Deana has no real entertainment value, contrary to all the claims that's she's wonderfully funny but BB's for some mysterious reason keeping all that entertainment out of the highlights.

Anyway, my main criticism of her isn't that she's boring. She's only middling boring by bb13 standards anyway.
  • skinfadeskinfade Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    I like Deana but she is the most boring housemate ever and she always looks miserable.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    88Paul99 wrote: »
    It can't be fun for her knowing there is someone who hates her in the house. Plus he is influential. Plus his hatred is irrational. Plus it has lasted all series.

There's never been a BB with such a long term problem as this.

If Conor's so influential, why hasn't Deana been up every week?

By this time in bb10, Freddie (Halfwit) had been up 6 times, 5 of them in a row.