Query on Royal Mail parcels...

Comments

• Eric TristowEric Tristow Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    All 13 parcels missing. Are they from different suppliers?

...Yes
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Yes

Have you spoken to any of the suppliers and have you checked the tracking numbers online
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When they deliver in bulk is it a walking postman/woman or a van? I am wondering if they may come on a van.

Both sometimes the van will come about 7am with parcels other times its the postie they park their car in my street for their round so im guessin some parcels get left in the car, i used to go to the sorting office and was told sorry the postie must have it, ive stopped going now as i know they,ll turn up in a day or two, 13 is an awful lot though :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Yes

Something strange is going on. I could understand one missing but all 13 is just not feasable.

I could only put it down to the wrong postcode being used.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they deliver in bulk is it a walking postman/woman or a van? I am wondering if they may come on a van.

I have never heard of bulk parcel delivery. They don't save up parcels , how would they know there were more arriving, but if they were all received at the delivery office at the same time they would all be delivered together.
  • slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok a few questions to the OP.

Are you sure all the senders used Royal Mail and not a courier service? This is a serious question.
    When were they dispatched?
    How many of them have tracking numbers? have you tried to track them?
    Have you contacted the senders yet? Get clarification that the items have actually been sent out.

After trying all this, you could visit the sorting office ask if they have anything for you, if nothing, then you better be chasing up the senders, because 13 parcels going missing, is something i have never heard of.

And no, RM cannot save up parcels for bulk delivery. What comes need must go out ASAP and give the customer the service they are paying for.
  • killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,918
    Forum Member
    When were they due ?
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    I could only put it down to the wrong postcode being used.

Even then, the house number and street should take priority, surely? I often get stuff delivered with the wrong postcode written on the package...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Even then, the house number and street should take priority, surely? I often get stuff delivered with the wrong postcode written on the package...

The automatic sorting system uses the postcode though. I just can't see any other reason for all 13 parcels going missing.
  • bvmjainbvmjain Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Has the OP opted out of Royal Mail's 'Leave with your Neighbour' scheme ?.

If not, then the parcels could be accumulating at a less than friendly neighbours house.

Secondly, the OP hasn't indicated the dispatch date of the packages...... The Royal mail take up to 15 working days to deliver standard mail (1st class/2nd class, 1st class recorded/ 2nd classs recorded), and the standard parcel service is meant to be a 3-5 day service.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been to the sorting office and they say there has been a delay due to sickness. Apparently there is a van out in my town this afternoon so fingers crossed!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been to the sorting office and they say there has been a delay due to sickness. Apparently there is a van out in my town this afternoon so fingers crossed!

Delay due to sickness? that's nonsense! Unless every postman at the sorting office is ill, you're parcel would be delivered by someone, even managers have gone out on rounds, and I doubt this can be anywhere near the case.

OP, your story just sounds bogus, totally bogus. 13 parcels delayed due to all the postmen being sick?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slick1two wrote: »
    Delay due to sickness? that's nonsense! Unless every postman at the sorting office is ill, you're parcel would be delivered by someone, even managers have gone out on rounds, and I doubt this can be anywhere near the case.

OP, your story just sounds bogus, totally bogus. 13 parcels delayed due to all the postmen being sick?

I've never heard of a postman being sick delaying the mail.

The most confusing thing is all 13 parcels missing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the OP is on a wind up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the OP is on a wind up.

Yep, I'm beginning to think so too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bad news is that nothing turned up today.

I'm disappointed that people are saying my story is bogus. I can assure you that I went to the sorting office after lunch today and i was told that parcels weren't delivered earlier in the week because the usual driver was off sick. I was told that the van had gone out today so I may get them...but nothing turned up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One person goes off work sick and nothing gets delivered for a day or two? Thought maybe that they were just fobbing you off?

Have you used track and trace yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One person goes off work sick and nothing gets delivered for a day or two? Thought maybe that they were just fobbing you off?

OP is not even saying what delivery methods or when the parcels were posted. Or if he has trackihg numbers surely if OP used a method where you can track then he would know the where abouts of at least some of the parcels.

This story is far from convincing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP is not even saying what delivery methods or when the parcels were posted. Or if he has trackihg numbers surely if OP used a method where you can track then he would know the where abouts of at least some of the parcels.

This story is far from convincing.

2 parcels sent recorded. 11 parcels sent first class post. All parcels sent between 27 Feb & 2 Mar. The recorded parcels are in Kettering Hub which is where I went to the sorting office today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps they were fobbing me off - I don't know if the story they told me is true.
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This happened at my sorting office. They had staffing problems (well, that was Royal Mail said in their reply to my letter of complaint)

I had six weeks of parcels just backed up and left at the sorting office :eek: I got so fed up of waiting i just went down there and collected them myself. And to make matters worse, some parcels were doubles as I initially told two sellers they hadn't arrived. I posted them back but it was more grief I could of done without.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This happened at my sorting office. They had staffing problems (well, that was Royal Mail said in their reply to my letter of complaint)

I had six weeks of parcels just backed up and left at the sorting office :eek: I got so fed up of waiting i just went down there and collected them myself. And to make matters worse, some parcels were doubles as I initially told two sellers they hadn't arrived. I posted them back but it was more grief I could of done without.

I'm glad this has happened to somebody else as posters on here don't seem to believe it. It doesn't give me much optimism if they can let parcels build up for 6 weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Northamptonshire has a poor track record OP. Your packages are probably on a tour of Corby.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do any of you that have had this happen actually complain? I don't just mean to a postman, you take it upstairs and make a big fuss about it. If you leave it, then the bad practices will continue.
  • mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Op, have you tried asking Jack and Nory?