Options

The Crash | 5th & 12th March | BBC3

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    It's always puzzled me that dangerous overtaking is never highlighted by road safety campaigns, yet it causes so many accidents.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what the various songs were in the second episode? Didn't seem to be on the closing credits.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    No, there was four. If you read some earlier posts you will see me and some others mentioning this.

Thanks. So Nathan must have been in another car?

I think I will watch again as I did miss some of it through tears :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Valentine wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the various songs were in the second episode? Didn't seem to be on the closing credits.

The music was a credit to the show - sorry I can't help with who sang them but thought maybe one of them was Paulo Nutini.

I think this is one of the most powerful dramas in a long time - this should be shown to every driver sitting their tests.

I am sure we have all been guilty of overtaking at the wrong moment and we have just been lucky, but all it takes is a split second for it to horribly wrong.
  • Options
    jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Thanks. So Nathan must have been in another car?

I think I will watch again as I did miss some of it through tears :(

Yes he was (there was four cars). Red car overtook Nathan's car then Tom's car. Tom tried to overtake red car and had a head on collision with 4x4.

Nathan car: Nathan, Rachel, Ashley, Leah
    Tom car: Tom, Kate, Brian
  • Options
    kinetic747kinetic747 Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the father of an 18 year old daughter who took her first driving lesson last week, I found this almost unbearable to watch at times. It was extremely well acted though and deserved a mainstream slot. :(
  • Options
    Fieldmouse83Fieldmouse83 Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »

The track playing in the scene focusing on Tom's grief (in bath) was All I Want by Kodaline.
    The others in order of appearance were:
    Angels by The XX
    Love, You Should've Come Over by Jeff Buckley
    Laughing With by Regina Spektor
    Ara Batur by Sigor Ros
  • Options
    Fieldmouse83Fieldmouse83 Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    manc2008 wrote: »
    It's always puzzled me that dangerous overtaking is never highlighted by road safety campaigns, yet it causes so many accidents.

You are so right. This touches me personally because hitting an oncoming car while overtaking is how my dear brother Leonard was killed 13 years ago :cry:
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The track playing in the scene focusing on Tom's grief (in bath) was All I Want by Kodaline.
    The others in order of appearance were:
    Angels by The XX
    Love, You Should've Come Over by Jeff Buckley
    Laughing With by Regina Spektor
    Ara Batur by Sigor Ros

Thanks for that, will YouTube them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    It was fantastic!! I was totally a crying mess. I felt so much for Tom though, I kind of loved him, crying just because how much he was suffering on his own. I think I really related to his character. Superb acting all round. every moment got me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Yes he was (there was four cars). Red car overtook Nathan's car then Tom's car. Tom tried to overtake red car and had a head on collision with 4x4.

He was called Ethan not Nathan :)
  • Options
    nightporternightporter Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kodaline - All i want. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtf7hC17IBM

When Tom was in the bath.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Kodaline - All i want. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtf7hC17IBM

When Tom was in the bath.

Beautiful song.........this is the one I thought was Paulo Nutini.

Thanks for the link :)
  • Options
    jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucydexter wrote: »
    He was called Ethan not Nathan :)

Thanks for correcting.

The music played is listed on the BBC Programmes page at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01r68d9/episodes/guide
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thanks. That now does make sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My in laws have just come back from holiday and unfortunately they have only recorded the second episode. The first episode has disappeared from Iplayer already so hopefully it will get repeated. :(
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    kinetic747 wrote: »
    My in laws have just come back from holiday and unfortunately they have only recorded the second episode. The first episode has disappeared from Iplayer already so hopefully it will get repeated. :(

Its still there

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=the%20crash
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just watched episode two. What a fantastic programme. Acting was first class and well done to all involved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »

Hmm strange, it doesn't show up on sky on demand but it's there if I go to iplayer directly. Anyway, thanks for that. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    glaschelle wrote: »
    Much better than the mince that was Mayday! And like a lot of people, I had my tissues out at the end.

It deserved better than to be hidden on BBC3 (although I do understand part of thinking behind it was to highlight the consequences of young drivers having accidents) - it defo deserves a prime BBC1 spot.

PS - did they film this in Scotland cos I'm sure half of the parents and police were Scottish.

Yep according to imdb it was filmed in Cumbernauld.
  • Options
    cuzacuza Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have just caught up with this. Brilliant, heart rending stuff.

I don't think you have to have teenage children to be deeply moved by this. I think you just need to be a parent.

I asked my sister if she saw it and she didn't. I told her it's repeated tonight and tomorrow night and to do herself a favour and set a series link without delay!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kinetic747 wrote: »
    Hmm strange, it doesn't show up on sky on demand but it's there if I go to iplayer directly. Anyway, thanks for that. :)

Just seen that episode 1 ends on the 19th .. so I will be watching both again tomorrow. An amazing drama.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »
    Yep according to imdb it was filmed in Cumbernauld.

I thought a few parts looked a bit familiar
  • Options
    rapunzel4rapunzel4 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    best way to get info on the music is have subtitles on (im obsessed with subtitles:o) it gives you song title and artist as each one starts
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched both episodes on iPlayer.

I thought it was very good . Excellent acting all round. I needed the tissues on several occasions.

I agree that it seemed a shame they did not show the effects on Ashley's dad - who was there to care for him, or did he have to go into a care home?