eHarmony

Comments

• abbieuniqueabbieunique Posts: 4,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    If you're not using video, what's the difference between a phone call and Skype? The fact that the latter is free? I can see that would be an advantage, but I can imagine the other person might pressure you to turn the video on if they know it's there, which I wouldn't want with a new guy I am dating.

I feel exactly the same, plus I have people asking if I have whatsapp, nope just old fashioned texting for me and phone calls.
    When I used to use msn years ago and the rare time I spoke to someone on webcam but I didn't have a camera, the men get creepy after a while and want to undress.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel exactly the same, plus I have people asking if I have whatsapp, nope just old fashioned texting for me and phone calls.
    When I used to use msn years ago and the rare time I spoke to someone on webcam but I didn't have a camera, the men get creepy after a while and want to undress.

I'm not a big fan of Whatapp but I eventually felt obligated to get it as my friends use it for planning social events as it's easier to do group chats on there. Plus, it's free to use (after a nomimal charge for the app on some phones).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a big fan of Whatapp but I eventually felt obligated to get it as my friends use it for planning social events as it's easier to do group chats on there. Plus, it's free to use (after a nomimal charge for the app on some phones).

WhatsApp is also a great peice of technology... you've already identified several good reasons for using it but its also good for sending pictures because again its free unlike an MMS.

No... not *that* kind of picture although you could if you wanted to! LOL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    WhatsApp is also a great peice of technology... you've already identified several good reasons for using it but its also good for sending pictures because again its free unlike an MMS.

No... not *that* kind of picture although you could if you wanted to! LOL

Yeah, I found it a great little app to keep in touch with my boyfriend and send him pictures of Paris for free when I was on holiday. The only problem was I could only use it when I was back at the appartment at night where there was WiFi (my data download was off otherwise).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I found it a great little app to keep in touch with my boyfriend and send him pictures of Paris for free when I was on holiday. The only problem was I could only use it when I was back at the appartment at night where there was WiFi (my data download was off otherwise).

yeah but if you have access to wifi then its great.... pictures... little video clips... sound files... great little application and pretty much free... it cost me about a fiver for the year and I'd already had a year of ree use from it. Top toy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why has it cost you a fiver? I thought it was free after the intial download of the app (which was about 69p when I bought it). Are there some other charges associated with it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why has it cost you a fiver? I thought it was free after the intial download of the app (which was about 69p when I bought it). Are there some other charges associated with it?

TBH I can't remember exactly how much I paid for it :o it was more than a couple of quid but wasn't more than a fiver and I think I opted for the lifetime licence deal I was offered BUT I paid for it because its that good an app so I considered it worth it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think we'll get a Part 2 thread at some point? Can't believe we're at Page 187! It'll be the thread's first anniversary in a few months! :D

Sadly I think I have read nearly every page of the thread (as it happened!).
  • caz06caz06 Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely to hear your news caz06. Any plans to meet up with your guy? Does he live locally?

well we've planned for 2 weeks today as i'm working every day till then, having to as all people on my department are on holiday at somepoint, he wants to next weekend but im not available , however the following weekend is payday also and I have 2 weeks off then, and I really can't explain the connection we have because its just too good to be true :D he's got me to download snapchat and has been snapchatting me all day whilst we've been at work making me laugh :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha aww Caz that sounds fab :)

RE Skype, I'd always found the idea of it a bit awkward, and me and Matt initially agreed not to before the first date, but we got on so well during a 5 hour phonecall that we just went for it! I never make much effort before skyping (no offence babe!) and have done in my onesie/ with my hair still wet from the shower! Ever the romantic me :p:D... My housemate did long distance for a bit and always used to do her hair make up and get changed into something nice though. Each to their own I guess! I think it depends on the people involved.
    Whatsapp is also fab for pics/videos, made it much easier when Matt was in the states!

I hope we get a part 2 on here!
  • belombbelomb Posts: 3,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, hey...hey!

I've got news.

Not osteopath-shaped news. Just news for you following Miss 29's blog!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, go on - I unfollwed her a few weeks ago! Spill!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, go on - I unfollwed her a few weeks ago! Spill!

Her new challenge. I might be a bit involved!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that's not sufficient information! How?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that's not sufficient information! How?!

Read her new challenge and it will all become clear! :D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    belomb wrote: »
    Read her new challenge and it will all become clear! :D:D:D:D

Fader?! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fader?! :D

TEE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    belomb wrote: »
    TEE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You sexy bitch!!! hahaah! That profile reads excellently! And not only that, the whole "putting all his eggs in my proverbial basket" amongst many other things will make men slaver after you like a bunch of starving dogs rabid for a juicy slice of steak (sorry, not comparing you to a piece of meat there!).

Ooh, good luck - we want ALL the info! Sexy welly pic too :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You sexy bitch!!! hahaah! That profile reads excellently! And not only that, the whole "putting all his eggs in my proverbial basket" amongst many other things will make men slaver after you like a bunch of starving dogs rabid for a juicy slice of steak (sorry, not comparing you to a piece of meat there!).

Ooh, good luck - we want ALL the info! Sexy welly pic too :D

It's not good though. I was seeing a chap for FOUR DATES and he started behaving like I was the one shining light in his life. It was ridiculous. At least with the osteopath, he has his own life and own friends! I'm just up for meeting new people and having a giggle, and I love writing, so.....what is there to lose?!

Thanks tho, Miss PG, for the nice comments re. the blog pic! I'm a bit of a gym addict at the mo cos I just want to obtain a nice bod, or as my friends and I call it, a "ptang". You know, when you can flick a coin off a body part (bum, arm, stomach) and it goes, "PTAAANG!!" I'd seriously love a ptang. I've had Crohns and all sorts, yet I'm just about managing to forsee a ptang in my future. YAY!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg I just read that post then came on here! You look gorgeous in that pic :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jane-hen12 wrote: »
    Omg I just read that post then came on here! You look gorgeous in that pic :)

eek. Thanks. I don't want to be identified cos I'm a teacher, but none of my identifying names etc are associated with it so I thought, what the hell?!

EEK! Still have the fear!

Your nice comments mean a lot though. Thank you SO, so much. I'm at the point in my dating life where I'll try anything, just to find that one person whose natural little spark might ignite mine.

xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nah, you'll be right. I would have tried it but after seeing your pic I am definite that she implements the "no fat chicks" rule so I'd best stay away.

And before some people want to start having a go about my fatness as they have before, I'm imminently about to start a "diet" of steroids for medical reasons so it'll only get worse. Gentlemen of the parish, form an orderly queue ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nah, you'll be right. I would have tried it but after seeing your pic I am definite that she implements the "no fat chicks" rule so I'd best stay away.

And before some people want to start having a go about my fatness as they have before, I'm imminently about to start a "diet" of steroids for medical reasons so it'll only get worse. Gentlemen of the parish, form an orderly queue ;)

Do not forget I've been there on that horrid steroid diet. Absolutely disgusting. Aged 21 I was in and out of hospital, being fed through a tube, having horrendous bum operations. No matter how much it hurts you - metaphorically or in reality - it's worth it in the end once you get through it, I went through all my craptacular stuff in 2004 and now? Now I've been a teacher for eight years and love it to bits. There is always a way to get through.

And people who have a go about fatness?! They can FACK OFF! They have no FACKING clue. With Crohn's, it's a gift to put weight on! My lord. I still don't wear vest tops cos of how my arms ballooned in size when they put me on steroids. Yes, it annoys me 7 or so years later, but am I dying? No. Did I get cross and slam a load of other treatments on Prof Spiller's desk? Yes. Did I give up and decide I can't be a teacher cos I keep pooing myself? Absolutely not.

I can do anything, the end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah - of course Belomb. Oh, I am the clingy type. Clingy in so far as my body is utterly desperate to hang on to any weight that bothers to be ingested into it. And as for 13 stone of random men, haha! Let's not go there. Yeah, I've had the "why don't you just lose weight, it's really that simple" types too. Both here and elsewhere. Oh **** off Madonna! We're not all body Nazis and have 6 hours a day to work out like you do! If I could maintain weight loss from eating fruit for breakfast, salads and walking 4 miles every other day (which I currently do) that's great, but recent months and my current condition has dictated that I can't. And it's sad that I have to justify that here, but I increasingly feel that I do. Because I have been repeatedly told that the reason I can't find someone to love is that I'm not slender. (and granted, being "curvy" online does attract you some very, very dodgy types). Well what a sad, tragic world it is.

Well I'm just saying , not only can you do anything but even as a heterosexual lady, I bleedin' well would. The end. And some other ladies have said the same thing. Oops, I've already said too much ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah - of course Belomb. Oh, I am the clingy type. Clingy in so far as my body is utterly desperate to hang on to any weight that bothers to be ingested into it. And as for 13 stone of random men, haha! Let's not go there. Yeah, I've had the "why don't you just lose weight, it's really that simple" types too. Both here and elsewhere. Oh **** off Madonna! We're not all body Nazis and have 6 hours a day to work out like you do! If I could maintain weight loss from eating fruit for breakfast, salads and walking 4 miles every other day (which I currently do) that's great, but recent months and my current condition has dictated that I can't. And it's sad that I have to justify that here, but I increasingly feel that I do. Because I have been repeatedly told that the reason I can't find someone to love is that I'm not slender. (and granted, being "curvy" online does attract you some very, very dodgy types). Well what a sad, tragic world it is.

Well I'm just saying , not only can you do anything but even as a heterosexual lady, I bleedin' well would. The end. And some other ladies have said the same thing. Oops, I've already said too much ;)

a) It's not that simple when things like ACTUAL HASH BROWNS exist in the world!

b) How the hell are you meant to open up to and admit yourself to people you DO NOT KNOW?! There is a lot of expectation in this world; particularly amongst people our age. People expect to skip around with chaps/ladies our age (mid 20s - mid 30s) with nothing more than a care in the world. Ultimately, Miss PG, it appears from your DS posts you want more. And fair play!

You're not clingy. You're just interesting. I love vegetables and fruit, too. :)