eHarmony

Comments

• *animasana**animasana* Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wench wrote: »

Your objection however is not necessarily the way it was done, you seem to think that she shouldn't have informed the wife at all. Do you think that the wife should have been told? and the husband bought to task about his behaviour towards miss PG and his wife?
    If so then how would you have done it? Or would you have just let him get away with it. As I said before you can't assume that she knows what he's like already.

Sorry, but to be honest, I still feel the way it was done is very questionable. Just a hunch, but (imo) maybe MsPG might have gotten a secret little thrill in dishing out some payback on the audacious moron who dared to try & hit on her.

And no, since you ask, under those circumstances I don't think the wife should have been told in the way she was. How I would have handled it would have been to immediately tear up the card & quietly leave - minus any public am-dram grand gestures.

The way I see it is: whether the wife was aware of what a shite her husband is or not (and you can't assume she wasn't), why deliberately make a bad situation worse?
  • *animasana**animasana* Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .......And just as a quick PS....I really don't want to derail this thread by taking it any further off topic.

So, to again paraphrase the very forthright Ms PG: that's all I have to say on the matter....:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    LOL, If we knew the answer to that then surely we wouldn't be in this thread!

I think personally finding someone compatible is the hardest thing right now, at my age I'm far more pickier and that ends up narrowing down the options.

But once you do then as long as you put in all your best effort then you can't go wrong.
    People inevitably get complacent after a certain time and thats why they say that relationships are hard work, because you do have to keep working at it. Hopefully though if you meet the right person then it wont feel like work, you'll just want to .

For me, just not taking each other for granted, honesty and communication are key points.

H Wench, how are you pickier? What would you dismiss now that you would have accepted in the past?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But I'm not at all sure that most people would want to find out in the way Ms PG describes, though: a stroppy, steely-eyed woman you've never met before, coming at you like a galleon in full sail, who then drops a bombshell on you (in public). Then she just walks away, seemingly indifferent to any distress or humiliation she may have caused .

:D:D:D

Apologies all, Animasana was actually there when this happened, so knows exactly what she's on about! Dearie me I am laughing meself weak here. I think Liz Jones has joined the thread!

Anyway, before someone else goes picking up another stone, today's date was bloody ace! A lovely, wonderful, kind, funny, like minded chap who has spoilt me rotten. Seeing each other again next weekend. :D
  • wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    Jimbo99 wrote: »
    H Wench, how are you pickier? What would you dismiss now that you would have accepted in the past?

Well for a start the whole kids thing wasn't an issue, most guys aren't wanting a kid in their 20s but now in my late 30s I have to dismiss anyone who wants to have children as thats not what I want.

Also past incompatibilities have shaped what I prefer in a partner, you learn what you don't like, or learn which characteristics/attributes you would like in a person, and you find that level of intelligence/wealth/independance/ability that you are willng to accept to know it will stand a chance of working.
    Which then removes a vast amount of the options out there.

Alas thats then the difficulty, finding someone that ticks all the boxes!!
    Forum Member
    Anyway, before someone else goes picking up another stone, today's date was bloody ace! A lovely, wonderful, kind, funny, like minded chap who has spoilt me rotten. Seeing each other again next weekend. :D

Cool, so glad to hear!!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool, so glad to hear!!! :)

Cheers wenchimus! Oh, and he doesn't want kids either so there are *some* out there!
    Forum Member
    Cheers wenchimus! Oh, and he doesn't want kids either so there are *some* out there!

Even better!!! You jammy git, you found one!

Keep us posted, need some more happy endings in this thread......

......not like that you filthy bugger....I know what you were thinking :D:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wench and MissPG are you actually just the same poster..you seem very similar, especially with that last comment!!

Excellent news on the date PG, fingers crossed you're due a good one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ta. No, I don't do happy endings on the first date ;) Maybe that's been my problem so far, arf!!
    Forum Member
    jane-hen12 wrote: »
    Wench and MissPG are you actually just the same poster..you seem very similar, especially with that last comment!!

Excellent news on the date PG, fingers crossed you're due a good one.

LOL, lord no, Miss PG is far more filthier than I am.... I only aspire to her level ;):p
    Forum Member
    Well for a start the whole kids thing wasn't an issue, most guys aren't wanting a kid in their 20s but now in my late 30s I have to dismiss anyone who wants to have children as thats not what I want.

Also past incompatibilities have shaped what I prefer in a partner, you learn what you don't like, or learn which characteristics/attributes you would like in a person, and you find that level of intelligence/wealth/independance/ability that you are willng to accept to know it will stand a chance of working.
    Which then removes a vast amount of the options out there.

Alas thats then the difficulty, finding someone that ticks all the boxes!!

It's not easy is it? I'd say I'm definitely less choosy than I once was, i.e. dating people who I don't fancy straight away to see if anything grows, it hasn't so far but I'm open minded about it.

The last message I had was from a woman who was 10 years older than me and had 5 kids and was morbidly obese. I don't have kids and my hobbies are mostly around fitness. I just can't quite be that open minded yet! (Give it time though)
    Forum Member
    It's not easy is it? I'd say I'm definitely less choosy than I once was, i.e. dating people who I don't fancy straight away to see if anything grows, it hasn't so far but I'm open minded about it.

The last message I had was from a woman who was 10 years older than me and had 5 kids and was morbidly obese. I don't have kids and my hobbies are mostly around fitness. I just can't quite be that open minded yet! (Give it time though)

I was the opposite, when I was younger I was happy to get to know anyone who showed interest!!! :o
    I've gone out with students, transvestites, bi-sexuals, various races, ages, heights, builds etc and because of all that experience I learnt what I preferred and certainly learnt what I don't want ever again!!!

So now I'm choosier, and that why I think online dating is good for filtering. Don't get me wrong, still hate the whole dating experience and wading through all the incompatible ones, but at least I can vet them before wasting my time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, lord no, Miss PG is far more filthier than I am.... I only aspire to her level ;):p

:eek::mad:

Excuse me. I'll have you know I met Mr Today at a meeting of the local Virgins Against Pre-Marital Sex Antiques Roadshop Fanclub society.

:D
  • Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    LOL, If we knew the answer to that then surely we wouldn't be in this thread!

I think personally finding someone compatible is the hardest thing right now, at my age I'm far more pickier and that ends up narrowing down the options.

But once you do then as long as you put in all your best effort then you can't go wrong.
    People inevitably get complacent after a certain time and thats why they say that relationships are hard work, because you do have to keep working at it. Hopefully though if you meet the right person then it wont feel like work, you'll just want to .

For me, just not taking each other for granted, honesty and communication are key points.

Its a blummin minefield I tell thee! I think we are all putting in our best efforts but just cant find our most compatible "one" yet. Im sure there is a nice partner out there for all of us hiding away but we just have to find them.

I would like a GF sat nav for Christmas :D
  • belombbelomb Posts: 3,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Allo all!

My new entry's up on 30 Dates. Go check it out if you want to laugh at my absolute failure to date.

http://30blinddates.wordpress.com/2013/11/18/single-pulling-the-fade-fader/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D

Apologies all, Animasana was actually there when this happened, so knows exactly what she's on about! Dearie me I am laughing meself weak here. I think Liz Jones has joined the thread!

Good Stuff MissPG :D we shall keep our collective bits crossed for you ;)
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    belomb wrote: »
    Allo all!

My new entry's up on 30 Dates. Go check it out if you want to laugh at my absolute failure to date.

Good entry! I don't read Miss29's blog since she finished her 30 dates challenge but it's nice to see how you're getting on!

How did you let the osteopath down? How long had you been dating?

When I used to give a chance to men I didn't fancy, they always came on really strong after date 1 or 2 and it put me off. How do you manage to keep it going without getting too close while you evaluate the situation?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    Good Stuff MissPG :D we shall keep our collective bits crossed for you ;)

Cheers JAB, however less talk of the bits, yeah?! :D He's taking me out to my favourite place in Leeds on Weds night and wants to do summat this weekend, result so far! Early days though.
    belomb wrote: »
    Allo all!

:D:D:D:D very well written as ever Belomb. So, *clutches rose between teeth*, could Alex Turner or Adam Brody not even tempt you to another weekend in Gay Paree then? Hahahahaah :D
  • Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Guys and girls I need some advice...

What are dating sites usually like on blocking? Im with Freedating at the moment and the only girl who really looks at my profile is my f*****g ex! I don't see why I have to delete my profile just because she is there. She has signed up under three different names now and keeps messaging me so each time I have blocked her, Im tired of having to do this and its just making me think whats the point with online dating? do you reckon an email to the site would make any difference? or just a case of my word against hers?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can prove its the same person you could probably get something for harassment? I dunno though, none of my exes have ever bothered to try and get me back!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funk You wrote: »
    Guys and girls I need some advice...

What are dating sites usually like on blocking? Im with Freedating at the moment and the only girl who really looks at my profile is my f*****g ex! I don't see why I have to delete my profile just because she is there. She has signed up under three different names now and keeps messaging me so each time I have blocked her, Im tired of having to do this and its just making me think whats the point with online dating? do you reckon an email to the site would make any difference? or just a case of my word against hers?

How long were you together? Maybe you need to send her one email just to tell her you are not interested and to please stop harrassing you or you will report her. Some websites also have a system where you can report a profile if it is being misused.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a friend who turned 50 this year (never married) and he is looking to meet a woman. He's really hit the singles scene trying meetup, speed dating, singles events etc. but he only wants a woman in her mid or early 30s, as he claims he wants children of his own. He also doesn't want to date someone who already has children. He then complains that no women show any interest in him. He also lies about his age at these events (pretending to be around 42) but still gets no interest. He does look much younger than his age and could pass for late 30s/early 40s.

I want to tell him diplomatically that maybe he needs to try someone a bit older but not sure how to go about it? Any advice? Or should I just let him carry on with his futile attempts?
    Forum Member
    Shappy wrote: »
    I have a friend who turned 50 this year (never married) and he is looking to meet a woman. He's really hit the singles scene trying meetup, speed dating, singles events etc. but he only wants a woman in her mid or early 30s, as he claims he wants children of his own. He also doesn't want to date someone who already has children. He then complains that no women show any interest in him.

I want to tell him diplomatically that maybe he needs to try someone a bit older but not sure how to go about it? Any advice? Or should I just let him carry on with his futile attempts?

If he's rich then he has a chance, if not then just let him carry on with his futile attempts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he's rich then he has a chance, if not then just let him carry on with his futile attempts.

Yeah, I think I'll just have to let him get on with it. I have tried hinting at the age thing before but he gets quite defensive.

He's not rich, but well off (good job as a consultant in the city, got his own place). But London is full of much younger men who have the same thing!