Comments

• CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a terrible shame

RIP PAUL
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    This is now being formally reported by the BBC so this shocking and tragic news must be true:

Fast & Furious actor Paul Walker dies in California car crash
    US actor Paul Walker, who starred in the Fast & Furious series of action films, has been killed in a car crash in California. Walker, 40, was a passenger in a Porsche sports car driven by a friend - who also died - when it crashed north of Los Angeles. Walker was said to be attending a charity event at the time.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25173331
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25174092

Having seen pictures of the car wreck, I don't see how anyone could have survived that. Condolences to all the relatives concerned.

I really don't like they have printed those pictures. They are horrible for people that never knew him to see such destruction but I can't begin to imagine how his 15 year old daughter would feel if she ever sees those pictures. Obviously she will know her dad is dead but the pictures are a step too far IMO

I don't disagree with the press reporting it but they could have shown a little restraint with the pictures they have used
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope they died on impact and not the flames,thoughts go to both familys.:-( I really feel for Pauls daughter 15 and Rogers son who I read is 8yrs.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad news. RIP Paul Walker. You were a fantastic actor and I loved the F and F films. The film industry has lost one of their best.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Shak2005 wrote: »
    I wonder how this will affect Fast and Furious 7's filming depending on how much Paul had already filmed.
    On one of the articles I read, it stated filming had begun back in September, and the film is scheduled for release in June/July. Make of that what you will, but I can't see the film being released next year regardless.
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    On one of the articles I read, it stated filming had begun back in September, and the film is scheduled for release in June/July. Make of that what you will, but I can't see the film being released next year regardless.

Why not?

You put a memorial at the end of the film. The F&F have always put a warning about the dangers involved. It would be a fitting tribute given how he died.

But first and foremost it is always tragic when someone that young dies and he leaves a 15 year old daughter - it is to her and her mother that should be in our thoughts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this trending on twitter earlier. Assumed it was a movie star is dead spoof. Just saw it on the BBC news ticker so I guess its true.
    Forum Member
    Why not?

You put a memorial at the end of the film. The F&F have always put a warning about the dangers involved. It would be a fitting tribute given how he died.
    It all depends whether or not the film is finished. If it's finished, then yeah, it'll likely be released and dedicated to Paul Walker. If it's incomplete though, I don't know what they're going to do. Paul's portrayal of Brian can't easily be replaced.

As per F&F 8 & 9 (the stars were rumored to have signed on for another three films), they either wont go ahead with it (cause it'll be unsettling for the cast and crew) or they will, but they'll write Brians character out (kill him off out of film or something).

I can't imagine many (if any) of the cast being up for another film though, not if the connection they all had was so close. Would just be strange and emotional going to work to create a film when you're forever going to be reminded that someone is missing.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will continue as Vin Diesel is still around. His character Dom is the driven force of the series.

The series started with Better Luck Tomorrow (Han) and probably will end with Lucas Black in the final film as the conclusion of a sub-plot from Tokyo Drifter (it ends with Dom meeting up with Lucas Black's character to avenge a certain key character's death).

With that in mind, I think Lucas Black's role will increase to compensate Walker's absence in the next two final films.
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit, this has thrown the whole film series into such a new, and tragic light. What started out as silly but enjoyable car racing films had, as of Fast 5, turned into really entertaining and well written heist movies. There was also a definate sense of, "you want to see Vin Diesel vs the Rock! Here you go." One of the many cool scenes in Fast 5 was the Johnson and Diesel fight.

This had been ramped up even more for Fast 7, with the introduction of the Stath. In the light of this horrible news, it now comes across as very different. Just when the series had finally found it's footing as a heist/action genre, it now has tragedy underpinning it. If Walker is kept in Fast 7, it will be his last film, and it's all the more horrible knowing he died from a speeding car crash. Anyone going into Fast 7 won't be thinking about how cool it's going to be to see Diesel, the Rock and Jason Statham squaring off, which was going to be the main selling point for it. They'll all be thinking about Paul Walker.

Honestly, I don't know where they'll take the series now. I do think they'll go on without him; it's become a massive franchise and I doubt Universal will want to loose it. But it will never quite be the mindless fun it once was now. Walker's death will always hang over it, and I do think it will taint the franchise too much for it to go on as long as they were planning.

At the end of the day, the actors had all worked on several films together, as had the production team. They all seemed very close. It's going to be very difficult for them doing it without Walker; I remember Chris Nolan saying how hard it was for him to edit the Dark Knight following Heath Ledger's death. So, I don't know what's next for Fast and Furious. What I do know is that two lives were lost so pointlessly. Two young men with so much more to give. And it's devastating to see.

RIP Paul, and to the driver.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I was just reading over on IGN that Universal have officially put production of F&F7 on hiatus after James Wan and the executives in charge had a crisis meeting yesterday to discuss their options. It sounds as though over half of the filming had already been completed though, and as tragic as Paul Walker's death is, i really can't see them outright cancelling the film, i'd imagine that they will try and salvage as much of the already shot footage as possible while re-writing some of the screenplay. I somehow can't see them killing off Walker's character though, it'd feel in bad taste and i doubt that the cast would really want to act out reactions to his on screen death so soon.
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With regards to that fast and furious film I think they will release it eventually,they did it with Brandon Lee and The Crow and no matter how much Universal reckon they loved Paul its more money at the end of the day.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Legend. RIP thoughts with family

What now for the FATF series?
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so depressed by this news, paul walker came accross as a really nice guy and Brian O Conner was a great character.

i lvoe the F&F series, earlier filsm remind me of when i was 18 and thinking how cool it all was, new films were like reunions and i loved every minute of them. its gonna be so ahrd to watch fast 7 now.

and how do they write him out? its a film about cars, do they kill brian off in car crash? is that bad taste?

i hope they can work out a fitting exit and lay brian to rest in F7.

RIP Paul Walker, thanks for the memories.
  • HamburgerPimpHamburgerPimp Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Legend. RIP thoughts with family

What now for the FATF series?

still going on apparently. it'll be odd without walker but i can still see it working.
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I somehow can't see them killing off Walker's character though, it'd feel in bad taste and i doubt that the cast would really want to act out reactions to his on screen death so soon.
    Whilst it may sound bad, this is the best thing they could do for the film. From a plot perspective they'd be killing off one of the main characters, which would further lead the crew into the other films. Secondly they'd not need to be overly concerned with his appearance in a future film.

I know that might read bad, it isn't intentional.

They can potentially finish the existing film with CGI, but short of recasting his character (a move I am against) I can't see him featuring in F&F8 or 9. The logical thing to do would be to bring the character to a closure. Maybe even start F&F8 with a funeral? I don't know. Still Sucks! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    so there was a hoax before his actual death that he had passed away? what did the hoax say beforehand?
    Forum Member
    Stardom wrote: »
    so there was a hoax before his actual death that he had passed away? what did the hoax say beforehand?
    Honestly, I'm not sure I believe the hoax. There any actual proof of it, or just word of mouth?

Seems unlikely that someone would have joked about it only for it to then happen. It's more plausible that (after it happened) some disrespectful prick claimed the hoax was going around.
  • XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually totally gutted by this :( RIP Paul. My heart breaks for his daughter. So horribly sad.

I've always loved him. Especially when I was growing up, I watched Varsity Blues and kind of fell in love with him! As did millions of others. I have real fond memories of movies like She's All That and The Skulls. And of course the Fast and Furious movies, he was the main reason I watched them!

RIP Paul, you will certainly be missed. So sad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they won't be able to make another F&F. RIP.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A very sad story. I would like to offer my condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only know him 'cos of his looks - never seen anything he's appeared in. Far too young. R.I.P