✭✭✭
    Speechless. :o
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    WOW at the football.

I fancied Germany before the match but this -- ? :eek:

All over already. Extraordinarily poor defending by Brazil to blame.

Gobsmacking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its become an entirely different story-but its reached a point where it may well retain its audience because of it. Totally unbelievable.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's debateable if people turn matches off half way through anyway, only one person usually suggests that whenever a game is on ITV.
  • nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comments on the game are everywhere - the ratings will be huge I think.
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    It's debateable if people turn matches off half way through anyway, only one person usually suggests that whenever a game is on ITV.

Well when it's 2-0 or 3-0, its just a typical match that can turn on its head, but as soon as you get to 4-0 and 5-0, there is a different draw that brings viewers in.

Even if there are no more goals, the audience will stay high just to watch Brazil crash out - I think. But I'd be surprised if it ended 5-0...
  • lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    I think a peak of 12-13 million, it's all over my Facebook and Twitter has exploded. Not that social media is an indicator of ratings of course :p
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Brazil getting an absolute thrashing :o I can't believe what am seeing.
    Think the Beeb have picked the right game -- where's Samuel when you need him? :p

This is probably the biggest shock in the WC since...I can't even remember. Ever? Maybe when Senegal beat France, but that was a group game.

No one likes to see a thrashing; spectacle is lost -- but it's the hosts. Should pull in a good audience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think the Beeb have picked the right game -- where's Samuel when you need him? :p

This is probably the biggest shock in the WC since...I can't even remember. Ever? Maybe when Senegal beat France, but that was a group game.

No one likes to see a thrashing; spectacle is lost -- but it's the hosts.

BBC did have first pick, and like ITV's first pick in the Quarters, they pick Brazil.

Of course, ITV now get another Brazil game on Saturday
  • all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    Not a fan of football much but went on iPlayer to rewind to see the goals. Seems everyone is talking about the game tonight.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shameless Eastenders plug from the Beeb.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    I cringed.

No Auntie, just no.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member

Almost as embarrassing as Brazil's defence. If ITV did that for Corrie or Good Morning Britain...
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No one likes to see a thrashing; spectacle is lost -- but it's the hosts. Should pull in a good audience.

It's just shocking isn't it. I was taking the piss with my m8s saying the way it's going they could end up getting another 4 goals within minutes. I never thought it would actually happen. On the plus side he now owes me £20 :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another cringeworthy BBC1 trailer in the middle of the coverage :o
    Forum Member
    BBC did have first pick, and like ITV's first pick in the Quarters, they pick Brazil.

Of course, ITV now get another Brazil game on Saturday
    No brainer to have Brazil as first pick. Tournament hosts, haven't set the competition alight, bound to have an off day.

Tomorrow's game should be much tighter and it wouldn't surprise me if we get penalties.
    Yup! What next, the Doctor and Clara debating about the offside rule. :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another cringeworthy BBC1 trailer in the middle of the coverage :o

Aww come on Andy it was a bit of a laugh :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Um don't itv do exactly the same when they show the football.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Um don't itv do exactly the same when they show the football.

Actually no, I've never seen a football related Corrie advert shoehorned in like that. It was just cringeworthy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I've never seen Adrian Chiles link straight into a specially made ITV promo in the middle of the coverage.

It's getting slated on Twitter, the football audience generally doesn't take to a promo for EastEnders, the audiences will mostly differ.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually no, I've never seen a football related Corrie advert shoehorned in like that. It was just cringeworthy.

The point was they still advertise there programs. So I don't see why the BBC shouldn't they where just a bit more clever and added a twist of football to their trailers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The point was they still advertise there programs. So I don't see why the BBC shouldn't they where just a bit more clever and added a twist of football to their trailers.

I don't believe that the BBC should advertise at all during programmes.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's no longer on here, but whoever showed the match, even some minnow like BBC Four, it still can't take away what's happening. Samuel's gone, get over it.
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member

You need to remember its one law for ITV and another for BBC - of all the things to complain about in the middle of such sporting history. :o
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Actually no, I've never seen a football related Corrie advert shoehorned in like that.

I did but it was during play rather than half time;-) How short memories are....
    Forum Member
    Sieben for Germany!!!
This discussion has been closed.