Options

Judy Finnegan

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought after 3 months off she would have come back and been more on the ball thinking that a good long rest would calm her nerves but she is as bad as ever and really should think of retiring as she can no longer do the job, as cringeworthy as richard is he does carry her she would not get away with working with anyone else :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I like Judy! I know she fluffs her lines, fiddles with her darn necklace and seems really nervous. I suppose what seems endearing to me irritates the hell out of others.
  • Options
    charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're like Fish and Chips-traditional and comforting, with a bit of sauce added. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Mariceff wrote:
    What an absolutely nasty thread There is nothing constructive about this discussion.

Judy is in her mid fifties and she looks fabulous, had numerous health problems some years ago. She's done nothing to upset any of you. Grow up
    Actually, I'm surprised to see how nice and sympathetic most of the comments towards Judy are on here. I agree she does seem rather unhappy which is a pity. I do not see that this thread is any less constructive than any other. You grow up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her, she seems like a lovely person. He on the other hand is a pillock and I have no idea what she sees in him.

Its so hard for her because he's like the Peter Pan of daytime tv - in fact, he seems to look younger with every year, she's not unattractive at all but next to him, she looks old and a bit unkempt.

She's a smart lady and I admire her work, so I won't judge her on her physical appearance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    I Love Judy, She reminds me of my Mum.

I used to watch her when I was off school sick in the 'This Morning' days.

I'm sure she'd be absolutely gutted if she read what you people have been saying about her.

She looks fine, leave her alone! She's a very clever lady.
  • Options
    Isabella_06Isabella_06 Posts: 775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought after 3 months off she would have come back and been more on the ball thinking that a good long rest would calm her nerves but she is as bad as ever and really should think of retiring as she can no longer do the job, as cringeworthy as richard is he does carry her she would not get away with working with anyone else :rolleyes:

I agree. Much as I am sure Judy Finnigan is a nice woman, the fact remains that she has lost her edge as a presenter. She is awkward, nervous, bumbling and appears often to be slightly confused by what's going on around her. She simply wouldn't get away with such a consistently poor performance if she worked alone or with anyone else other than Richard.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I like her but as I do not live in England I only recently saw old footage of her and was shocked at how lovely she used to look. Age is an awful thing but what amazes me is how nervous she is most of the time and Richard is so disrespectful to her and always seems to be laughingly putting her down when in actual fact she is the talented one, not him!! She is intelligent and I think would be tons better without him!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching Steve Coogan (who does Alan Partridge) on Parkinson last nite, & he was saying that Alan was based quite a lot on Madeley.

Poor Judy, How could anyone put up with Richard, he's such a complete *rse.

What a nightmare, no wonder she looks like she does.
  • Options
    As_IfAs_If Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Hootie wrote:
    I was watching Steve Coogan (who does Alan Partridge) on Parkinson last nite, & he was saying that Alan was based quite a lot on Madeley.

Poor Judy, How could anyone put up with Richard, he's such a complete *rse.

What a nightmare, no wonder she looks like she does.

And living with her must be a laugh. What with her anxiety/shaking/forgetfullness...
    Let's face it, Madley could trade her in for a younger, vibrant model in a flash. She's the one with the great deal IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I honestly don't think Judy's interviewing skills have disintegrated. She has always fumbled her words when interviewing and when using the autocue.

Also, I think she is ageing naturally. Sadly, women do not improve with age the way a lot of men do. I hope she doesn't have surgery. I hate the plastic look.

I think Richard must have been told off at the end of the last series. He was mentioning sex every day and at every opportunity. I was curling my toes in mortification every time he did it. I think either the producers or Judy must have had a stern word! :)
  • Options
    DamagedDamaged Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    There was an old woman named Judy Finnegan, she grew whiskers on her chinnegan, the wind came up and blew them in again, poor old Judy Finnegan, begin again. :o
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    She's indulged because some viewers seem to find her incompetence endearing - 'Oh, she can't read the autocue, forgets what she was going to say' etc etc - but this woman is a millionaire! Like her even more irritating husband, she blunders through each show and gets wildly over-paid for it. If they were on local TV it would be bad enough, but their indolence and sloppiness gets national exposure. I really find it depressing, because they COULD improve if they tried.
  • Options
    lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damaged wrote:
    There was an old woman named Judy Finnegan, she grew whiskers on her chinnegan, the wind came up and blew them in again, poor old Judy Finnegan, begin again. :o

PMSL! :D Whenever I read her name I always, always sing that song in my head. Glad to see I'm not the only nutter around these boards....... :D

Judy Finnigan. I've already expressed my opinion on the tv boards. She is nothing but a great big quivering, wobbly jelly. Constantly fiddling about with her necklace with her shaky hands. Constantly bumbling her way through the autocue. I'd rather pick my own eyeballs out with pins, like a couple of L'escargo, than sit through an hour of her and her arrogant husband and his appalling Ali G impression.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Finnegan on today's show: she squints at the autocue and reads 'Superman Returns' as 'Summertime Returns'. I mean, for gawd's sake, luv, buy some specs, and concentrate - surely you know what's coming up!!
  • Options
    lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gkmacca wrote:
    Finnegan on today's show: she squints at the autocue and reads 'Superman Returns' as 'Summertime Returns'. I mean, for gawd's sake, luv, buy some specs, and concentrate - surely you know what's coming up!!

She's never been the same since she disappeared from This Morning for months for a 'hysterectomy'. I sometimes wonder if they didn't remove half her brain and nervous system along with her womb......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gkmacca wrote:
    I saw that to Richard laughed she blamed it on the autocue being to far away for her to read she really is a shambles :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes. The 'ageing' issue doesn't bother me - it's just that sheer lack of professional pride that bugs me. Then she'll boast about being a serious journalists and broadcaster!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    and today when they where looking at the new toy, richard said that they could fill it up with water and have all sorts of fun with it. HELLO it has two big holes in the side how can you fill it up with water?