Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else think this looks good?

Tempted to buy it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like great fun, definitely going to give it a go.
    Looks like one of those games that doesn't take itself seriously but is still a good play, like Saints Row.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed Suda51's Shadows Of The Damned last year so I might give it a try.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The gf knows the guy that scripted this. Looks kinda fun. :)
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Strikes me as Bayonetta with a skirt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Strikes me as Bayonetta with a skirt.

I imagine it's more like No More Heroes, also produced by Suda
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone here got the free DLC character skins and don't want them, please PM me and I will give you my code for a free PSN movie rental of 'The Hills Run Red'.
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,687
    Forum Member
    Looks fun but a bit repetitive to me.

Regards

Mark
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Might be picking this up tomorrow, looks fun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be picking this up tomorrow, looks fun.

Mine was delivered today. I really really like it! Lots of fun but not to be taken as a serious game at all.

It's bright and colourful and it takes gaming back to how it used to be - simple.

So far I'd rate it 7/10. It has lots of replay value as tons of things to collect.
    Forum Member
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Mine was delivered today. I really really like it! Lots of fun but not to be taken as a serious game at all.

It's bright and colourful and it takes gaming back to how it used to be - simple.

So far I'd rate it 7/10. It has lots of replay value as tons of things to collect.

Yeah I've been watching a walkthough on YouTube and the graphics are lovely, I love the style and the gameplay looks similar to No More Heroes.

Is the PS3 version Move compatible?, it seems like it would be very well suited to the device since you wield the chainsaw with the right stick using a controller and due to how well No More Heroes played with motion controls.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I've been watching a walkthough on YouTube and the graphics are lovely, I love the style and the gameplay looks similar to No More Heroes.

Is the PS3 version Move compatible?, it seems like it would be very well suited to the device since you wield the chainsaw with the right stick using a controller and due to how well No More Heroes played with motion controls.

No it's not Move compatible.
    Graphics are nice, but basic. Don't expect them to be outstanding. That doesn't bother me though.

I love how when you swing your chainsaw, rainbows, hearts and starts fly across the screen! It's girly and childish, but it works and makes an amazing colourful experience.

Opening sequence is rude but funny, and how her boyfriend ends up just being a head is just something you would see in an 80's movie.

In fact, this is very 60's/80's - the music and the style.

I'd buy it. I'm still on Stage 1 and I love it. Definatly keeping this one.

'No More Heroes' - what was that like?
    Forum Member
    No it's not Move compatible.
    Graphics are nice, but basic. Don't expect them to be outstanding. That doesn't bother me though.

I love how when you swing your chainsaw, rainbows, hearts and starts fly across the screen! It's girly and childish, but it works and makes an amazing colourful experience.

Opening sequence is rude but funny, and how her boyfriend ends up just being a head is just something you would see in an 80's movie.

In fact, this is very 60's/80's - the music and the style.

I'd buy it. I'm still on Stage 1 and I love it. Definatly keeping this one.

'No More Heroes' - what was that like?

OK cool, NMH is by the same developers. It's a very similar game, same humour not quite so colourful and over the top but still has that fun style about it. Simple controls yet it led to some quite intense and epic sword fights. Lot's to do, sandbox style hub world and loads of mini-games, extras etc. It also stars one of the best videogame characters ever devised; Travis Touchdown, (Nathan drake has nothing on this guy)..

If you like this game you should definitely look for No More Heroes 1/2 on Wii or alternatively NMH Paradise which was a reboot of the first game released on PS3 and 360 but only the PS3 version got a western release.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2D have you picked this up yet? Nobody seems to be talking about it online which is a shame.
    Forum Member
    No unfortunately not yet but will be on Friday. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This game is amazing, i really love the over the nature of the game and is my opinion it has one of the best soundtracks since grand theft auto vice city

Got a feeling it might go the same way as the similarly amazing shadows of the damned though :(
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I picked this up for £24.99 and am nearly finished 3 hours in. I like the story and the humour, but bashing the buttons to defeat the hordes of zombies does get a little repetitive.
  • NefratiNefrati Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james gunn and some comedian ftw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_fJROLOPuI
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    This game is amazing, i really love the over the nature of the game and is my opinion it has one of the best soundtracks since grand theft auto vice city

Got a feeling it might go the same way as the similarly amazing shadows of the damned though :(

OK now I want this game! Is it only on PS3? I'm so out of the loop where consoles are concerned now! What the **** is Move lol. Please help? :D

Oops I actually swore there and forgot myself.

Sorry :o
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completed this one last week Just story mode though dunno if I can be assed to do the achievements and collectables.

Story was a bit short just 5 levels and that was it. Bit of a short game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing game. Just got the Platinum.

The best part of this game is the collectables and the trophies. I've completed the game about 5 times now to finish it 100%.

It's only the 2nd PS3 game where I've done this. The first was 'Sly 1' but that didn't involve completing the game a few times and doing loads of stuff for trophies. Bear in mind this is only my 2nd Platinum, the game must be good for me to go through the hassle of getting 100%.

It's a fun, retro game, and I'd rate it 7/10.
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing game. Just got the Platinum.

The best part of this game is the collectables and the trophies. I've completed the game about 5 times now to finish it 100%.

It's only the 2nd PS3 game where I've done this. The first was 'Sly 1' but that didn't involve completing the game a few times and doing loads of stuff for trophies. Bear in mind this is only my 2nd Platinum, the game must be good for me to go through the hassle of getting 100%.

It's a fun, retro game, and I'd rate it 7/10.

Might have to replay this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    Might have to replay this.

I really would. It's more fun on your second playthrough using a walkthrough guide.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Made a thread asking this, so feel free mods to delete it, but if you quit the game do you have to start the level again?. Or can you go from where the game auto-saved?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOONARMY12 wrote: »
    Made a thread asking this, so feel free mods to delete it, but if you quit the game do you have to start the level again?. Or can you go from where the game auto-saved?

Where it last auto saved mate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where it last auto saved mate.
    Ok, It's just its making me start from the beginning of the level whenever I quit :confused: