catchphrase

emailsemails Posts: 11,282
Forum Member
✭✭
yes catchphrase is coming back ,its being filmed at the london studios & made by STV productions . my question here is i cannot find any link to where contestants are being asked to audition for the show which records at the end of august. any sudjestions?

Comments

• emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »

that doesn't tell me about any contestants being asked to appear on the new piolot
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emails wrote: »
    yes catchphrase is coming back ,its being filmed at the london studios & made by STV productions . my question here is i cannot find any link to where contestants are being asked to audition for the show which records at the end of august. any sudjestions?

Couldnt they just leave it in the past. Roy Walker should of got 1st refusal.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    Couldnt they just leave it in the past. Roy Walker should of got 1st refusal.

Why? When ITV obviously think Stephen Mulhern is the answer. I mean look at him on The Big Quiz, and him on SMTV Live and that Telephone programme last summer on ITV1, and nearly forgot Britain Does The Funniest Things.

I'm really surprised Mr Cowell has kept him on BGT for soo long. He tries to be funny on it, but it turns out embarrassingly cringeworthy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    Why? When ITV obviously think Stephen Mulhern is the answer. I mean look at him on The Big Quiz, and him on SMTV Live and that Telephone programme last summer on ITV1, and nearly forgot Britain Does The Funniest Things.

I'm really surprised Mr Cowell has kept him on BGT for soo long. He tries to be funny on it, but it turns out embarrassingly cringeworthy.

Nothing against him but Catchphrase is Roy's show!
  • widgerwidger Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the repeats of Catchphrase on Challenge yesterday. Brought back a few good memories. :)
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another classic gameshow set to be ruined by a revival with a grinning idiot as presenter. Is nothing sacred any more?
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Won't it just be celebs like every bleeding game show these days?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing against him but Catchphrase is Roy's show!

well you could say SUPRISE SUPRISE is cillas show,but that hasn't stopped itv plucking holly willoby (dame her surname) to host a new show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well you could say SUPRISE SUPRISE is cillas show,but that hasn't stopped itv plucking holly willoby (dame her surname) to host a new show

Yes but look at the people who took over catchphrase and ratings still dropped.
  • Gerry MandarinGerry Mandarin Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Roy is no spring chicken these days. Maybe he's not up to a punishing recording schedule or just doesn't want to do it.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I hope the contestants are going to be members of the general public and not "celebs". And will they have the studio with the blue and pink neon lights and Mr Chips? It's not Catchphrase without Mr Chips :D As for the presenter I like Stephen Mulhern so I'll give him a chance. Would've loved to have seen Roy Walker on TV again tho.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The people who are saying it is Roy Walker's show may have forgotten that it was previously revived and presented by Nick Weir. Of course, it was nowhere near as good as the old days. No Mr Chips, from what I can remember. I imagine that they'll bring Mr Chips back for this but Stephen saying his name, in his non-Irish accent, just won't be the same! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    The people who are saying it is Roy Walker's show may have forgotten that it was previously revived and presented by Nick Weir. Of course, it was nowhere near as good as the old days. No Mr Chips, from what I can remember. I imagine that they'll bring Mr Chips back for this but Stephen saying his name, in his non-Irish accent, just won't be the same! :p

What happenned to Nick Weir's version? Thats right it got cancelled!
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Roy is no spring chicken these days. Maybe he's not up to a punishing recording schedule or just doesn't want to do it.

He stated he would be interested in reviving Catchphrase as he didn't like the direction they took it without him.

They shouldn't bring this back without Roy and more importantly with somebody as bad as Mulhern.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    JordyD wrote: »

Wait a second, when did he do SMTV? I'm sure when that was on he was doing CITV in the week?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    It was in the dying days of the show, long after Ant & Dec left. Can lightning strike again on the Catchphrase set?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrubber wrote: »
    He stated he would be interested in reviving Catchphrase as he didn't like the direction they took it without him.

They shouldn't bring this back without Roy and more importantly with somebody as bad as Mulhern.

Yeah most deffinately. Roy deffinately loves the show otherwise he wouldnt be putting Catchphrase in his stage act.

This new ITV series is seriously going to bomb big time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but look at the people who took over catchphrase and ratings still dropped.

well i think both of them need to be judged when they go to air ,i have a feeling both will go out in the auturm
  • finluxfinlux Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be prepared to wager A LOT of money, that if Catchphrase was brought back on ITV 1 WITH Roy Walker, it would be a huge success.

No doubt it'll be a dumbed down version, aimed at people with single figured IQ's :rolleyes:
  • yawalloperyawalloper Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    that doesn't tell me about any contestants being asked to appear on the new piolot

http://www.starnow.co.uk/Casting-Calls/TV-Reality/Game-shows/contestants_wanted_for_catchphrase.htm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finlux wrote: »
    I'd be prepared to wager A LOT of money, that if Catchphrase was brought back on ITV 1 WITH Roy Walker, it would be a huge success.

No doubt it'll be a dumbed down version, aimed at people with single figured IQ's :rolleyes:

Of course it would be. Roy was the ratings guy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Need I add to the fact that people keep using Nick weir's name that he was fired by ITV due to unpopularity.

Mark Curry was the reason Catchrase ended due to declining ratings which goes to show you cant replace Roy.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roy still tours and is rather young and sprightly looking so I'd say recording the show would be no problem for him. Perhaps he just doesn't want to do it, or maybe ITV don't want him back...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Roy still tours and is rather young and sprightly looking so I'd say recording the show would be no problem for him. Perhaps he just doesn't want to do it, or maybe ITV don't want him back...

Have you seen any of his recent live shows? He is always doing catchphrase clips on it and getting members of the audience to give a answer which just shows he still loves the show.