Forum Member
✭✭
Just on BBC News as a breaking item

RIP

Comments

• darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a legend he was in the Pink Panther films. RIP Chief Inspector Dreyfus :(
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved him as Dreyfus, and remember him as a psychiatrist in the b&w 60's series The Human Jungle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJtMH_f_suc

RIP Herbert. :(
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just on BBC News as a breaking item

RIP

Oh no I loved him in the Pink Panther films
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A great comedy actor...
  • ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved him as Dreyfus, and remember him as a psychiatrist in the b&w 60's series The Human Jungle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJtMH_f_suc

RIP Herbert. :(

As soon as I heard he had died the opening tune of The Human Jungle came into my head...thanks for the link Saltydog lovely to hear it again. RIP Herbert, (thought he was one sexy psychiatrist, wouldn't have minded lying on his couch). *Coughs* even though I was only a youngster at the time of course!
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valdery wrote: »
    As soon as I heard he had died the opening tune of The Human Jungle came into my head...thanks for the link Saltydog lovely to hear it again. RIP Herbert, (thought he was one sexy psychiatrist, wouldn't have minded lying on his couch). *Coughs* even though I was only a youngster at the time of course!

When I was small I remember this being on on a Saturday night after I'd had a bath and watching it with a cup of cocoa!

:)
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,208
    Forum Member
    He was great in Hell Drivers as the Italian truck driver Gino.
  • comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He had a great career. His last role was in 2004 in Marple, I will have to look out for it on ITV
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. My first memory of him is as the doctor in The Human Jungle TV series. He'd been in many British films before that though, mainly thrillers/detective types. And of course the gritty, thick-ear Hell Drivers with Patrick McGoohan.
    Always good.
    RIP
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Was sad to hear this news ......good innings though at 95...:)

I always thought he was a rather attractive man apart from being a very talented actor
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember seeing The Human Jungle when Channel 4 repeated in the late 80s

As it happens the complete series will be release on DVD next month

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Human-Jungle-Complete-Series/dp/B0074NKRHM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348752004&sr=8-1
  • vaarthartvainvaarthartvain Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved him in the Human Jungle R.I.P.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to hear that Herbert Lom has died, but he had a long and successful life. As someone once said, romantic leads come and go, but character actors work forever.
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he died ages ago...

Maybe that was Herbert Ross?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a legend he was in the Pink Panther films. RIP Chief Inspector Dreyfus :(

Who of us who saw the films will ever forget him being reduced to a gibbering wreck just with 2 minutes of Clouseau. Bye bye Herbie you were one of the greats.:cry:
  • moonvisagemoonvisage Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    R.I.P Herbet Lom.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    essexpete wrote: »
    He was great in Hell Drivers as the Italian truck driver Gino.

I agree and sadly a film which despite having a stellar cast for the day (including a young Sean Connery) appears to have been largely forgotten.

Sad news about Herbert Lom but what an age!
  • TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Mr Lom. for Louis,Napoleon and Inspector Dreyfus.

R.I.P
  • MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A marvellous character actor, one of the best.

He was absolutely brilliant as the Commissioner Dreyfuss in the Pink Panther films, especially my own favourite, A Shot In The Dark.

Let us not forget however, he also appeared in some fine films, El Cid; North West Frontier; The Lady killers.

And he is also remembered for his fine role as Dr Roger Corder in The Human Jungle, which I understand is being released for the first time ever on DVD during the month of October. A classic TV series from the early 1960s which dealt with mental health issues.
  • RomusRomus Posts: 4,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I passed Herbert Lom in the street way back in 1992-3 - not far from the Royal Marsden hospital in Chelsea. I was sure it was him! He was quite short (5ft 4ins) and around the right age.

Decades before, in the 60's my brother worked in Claridges hotel in London and claimed that Lom brought his boyfriends there.