Options

I want to see Emma host the main show

Comments

• Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Emma is really good for the main show. She was on BBLB all the time when BB was at it's peak. She is a definite fan of the show. Brian hosting the main show just reeks of "I only got this job because I won Ultimate BB". When it's a good looking guy who is evicted, he's always flirting with them like a bitch in heat, it's a bit nauseating.

What for the last series :confused: :cool:

She's a Johnny come lately in my book and like Davina though she says she watches it she seems to be unaware of key facts all the time. I think her on the main show would demonstrate what a good live presenter Brian actually is. She is dire on BBBM. She constantly forgets words, lines, names :eek: It's totally embarrassing.
    I genuinely think Emma would become the new Davina if given the chance.
    Whenever interviewing people, she is fair, lets them speak whilst being fun and calm.
    I'd also like the stage changing!

The last thing I want is another Davina :mad: I couldn't stand her. I thinks Emma is superior to Davina in her interviews it's just she lacks all the other required skills for live TV presenting like a decent memory for a start.
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma Willis is a good presenter. It's just that she comes across too much like Davina with her obsession over showmances. She's even got the pulling her hair behind her ears thing like her. I wish she would either wear it up or wear some hair clips.

I do like Brian and how he questions the nastier housemates over their bad behaviour. It's just that when Davina did it, as well as asking them the questions, it also came across as a chat as well as an interview, if that makes sense. I think Brian suffers with nerves and I would like him to improvise a bit more because he does have a very quick wit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    imrightok wrote: »
    You're right. There was nothing wrong with her presenting.it's just the 'add ons'i ie, the stupid face pulls etc etc.

Actually, I found that her gurning and strange squeaks and squawks at the camera became more prevalent after BB9 premiered, being at its peak during BB11. She was very professional, but very interactive during the earlier years. She was especially great during BB5. Maybe this is owing to the fact that Friday eviction shows before BB7 were only a half hour long.
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    Emma Willis is a good presenter. It's just that she comes across too much like Davina with her obsession over showmances. She's even got the pulling her hair behind her ears thing like her. I wish she would either wear it up or wear some hair clips.

I do like Brian and how he questions the nastier housemates over their bad behaviour. It's just that when Davina did it, as well as asking them the questions, it also came across as a chat as well as an interview, if that makes sense. I think Brian suffers with nerves and I would like him to improvise a bit more because he does have a very quick wit.

Brian is just becoming more and more smutty.
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this year they should shake up the format and the presenters:

Keep Emma on to host the main show, then maybe Matt Edmonson for BOTS?!?!?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    josha19 wrote: »
    Actually, I found that her gurning and strange squeaks and squawks at the camera became more prevalent after BB9 premiered, being at its peak during BB11. She was very professional, but very interactive during the earlier years. She was especially great during BB5. Maybe this is owing to the fact that Friday eviction shows before BB7 were only a half hour long.

She does the hosting job on sky 1" got to dance "and she is not much different. And the production team are complicit in showing (or should I say cutting away from the dancers on stage) her backstage, doing some silly dance, whilst trying to copy the dancers on stage.
  • Options
    emmetmclemmetmcl Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but she would bring more life to the show, Brian is very wooden. Emma has a much bubblier personality and would be ten times better than Davina was.

Look at Brian when he is on BBBOTS; he's not wooden. He's spontaneous and bubbly.

Emma would seem "wooden" on the main show too; you have to stick to script, it's a much tighter show than BBBOTS. And you can't just avoid the script and say what you want, as is more the case on BBBOTS.

I'd like to see Emma host the main show, just to show everyone that Emma isn't this mystical, amazing host.

Brian is fine as is, plus it would make Channel 5 look really bad if they bumped Brian off the main show - unless it was him who wanted to leave.

In summary, Emma would be just as good (or bad, as some people think) as Brian on the main show (though I reckon she'd be worse). Plus, Brian is more recognized, likable face to BB fans.

Brian should definitely stay in my opinion.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it would look bad for C5 if Brian went.
    They've given him a good go at it and he isn't up to par I'm afraid.
    Brian isn't the show .. he's the ill fitted shop mannequin who gets hoisted up in front of the cameras a couple times a week.
  • Options
    computersaysnocomputersaysno Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    What for the last series :confused: :cool:

Well I guess my post was spur of the moment and didn't think about what I was writing, but I was watching BBLB from 2005 and she was on it... and she seemed really knowledgable. I don't know if she appeared before or after, but she's been a genuine BB fan for a long time is what I meant, really.

There's something about Emma to me that feels less contrived than Brian, but I can't take Brian as the main host. At least Emma I can trust not to flirt like a dog on heat infront of certain housemates. That's what put me off Davina after BB9. Brian is sometimes like Davina circa BB9 in male form.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    emmetmcl wrote: »
    Look at Brian when he is on BBBOTS; he's not wooden. He's spontaneous and bubbly.

Emma would seem "wooden" on the main show too; you have to stick to script, it's a much tighter show than BBBOTS. And you can't just avoid the script and say what you want, as is more the case on BBBOTS.

I'd like to see Emma host the main show, just to show everyone that Emma isn't this mystical, amazing host.

Brian is fine as is, plus it would make Channel 5 look really bad if they bumped Brian off the main show - unless it was him who wanted to leave.

In summary, Emma would be just as good (or bad, as some people think) as Brian on the main show (though I reckon she'd be worse). Plus, Brian is more recognized, likable face to BB fans.

Brian should definitely stay in my opinion.

Yeah, but even when Davina hosted, she didn't feel very scripted and wooden. She was very fluid with her delivery, and was very good at adding appropriate ad libs most of the time. I just don't feel that with Brian, nor will I ever in the future. He's just not doing it. :\
  • Options
    zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma Willis is currently being wasted on The Hub on This Morning.
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Maybe if Brian is ill in the future, Emma will have to do the main show. I think she'll be much better than Brian
    I would prefer Emma as well for the Main show, and the other girl for bbbots.

And Brian, well retire him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, but even when Davina hosted, she didn't feel very scripted and wooden. She was very fluid with her delivery, and was very good at adding appropriate ad libs most of the time. I just don't feel that with Brian, nor will I ever in the future. He's just not doing it. :\

Whilst not waving the flag for Brian, Davina's problem was her "ad libs "
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But to avoid seeming scripted and wooden, Deana shouted and exaggerated her facial expressions (search for "Davina" and "gurning") to the point where it seemed forced and false.

And she was a poor interviewer, especially when the HM didn't say what she expected or wanted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    But to avoid seeming scripted and wooden, Deana shouted and exaggerated her facial expressions (search for "Davina" and "gurning") to the point where it seemed forced and false.

And she was a poor interviewer, especially when the HM didn't say what she expected or wanted.

You've obviously got "Deana "on your mind.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Much better vehicle for her.

Wish she'd stop swearing. Just because you can doesn't mean you should and it always seems she feels she should when she is on that braindead show.

The main show is too big for Brian and doesn't play to his strengths which are on the braindead show.

Why? They're just words? Everybody uses them. And all BB's late night presenters have done it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why? They're just words? Everybody uses them. And all BB's late night presenters have done it.

You could use that argument about any insult, but people still get offended. Yes they are just words, and yes, almost all bb presenters have used them. But it doesn't make it any less childish and offensive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Disagree, only just starting to like Emma on BBBOTS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    I would prefer Emma as well for the Main show, and the other girl for bbbots.

And Brian, well retire him.

I don't mind Brian but I really think Emma Willis would be so much better. I'm suprised she wasn't offered the job of main host rather than on BOTS.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Well I guess my post was spur of the moment and didn't think about what I was writing, but I was watching BBLB from 2005 and she was on it... and she seemed really knowledgable. I don't know if she appeared before or after, but she's been a genuine BB fan for a long time is what I meant, really.

There's something about Emma to me that feels less contrived than Brian, but I can't take Brian as the main host. At least Emma I can trust not to flirt like a dog on heat infront of certain housemates. That's what put me off Davina after BB9. Brian is sometimes like Davina circa BB9 in male form.

Emma only co-hosted with George Lamb for channel 4's last series. She was doing I'm a Celeb prior to this but yes I do remember her as a guest occasionally. However whatever kind of a fan she was / is she still gets stuff wrong all the time on BOTS. I do think that may be due to her very bad memory though.

I must say I see Emma as very much in Davina form and whatever different or better she has to offer than Davina or Brian is lost due to her useless memory and ridiculous laughing all the time. It's not that I think Brian is brilliant but I think he's reasonable and does a good job interviewing IMO. I would worry it would be a complete mess if Emma did the live BB shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »

But you must admit, back when BB was at its peak (i.e. before BB7), she wasn't too excessive, especially during the first two series.
  • Options
    Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    What about Dermot O'Leary? The X Factor heading for the axe soon by the look of things
  • Options
    happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    changing the presenter of Big Brother is only one very tiny step forward,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Dermot O'Leary? The X Factor heading for the axe soon by the look of things

Please not Dermot, he's nearly as bad as Davina.
  • Options
    emmetmclemmetmcl Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please not Dermot, he's nearly as bad as Davina.

That is one of the only presenters I would prefer to Brian, though he'd never go to BB after X Factor. It would seem too much of a step down