The DS Eurovision Rehersal Discussiuon Thread [Spoilers]

Comments

• MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That one europe Live blog calling the Irish backing singers "chunky":confused::rolleyes:
    Leanne Moore is like a stick, not that weight should be relevant anyway.
  • ollie1004ollie1004 Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they taken a key change downwards in Only Love Survives? Just played the rehearsal and music video in tandem and it's a totally different pitch!
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ollie1004 wrote: »
    Have they taken a key change downwards in Only Love Survives? Just played the rehearsal and music video in tandem and it's a totally different pitch!

I believe so : it seems to be a key lower than in Eurosong and the studio version :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Irish delegation will be delighted with that rehearsal. The backdrop and the colours have been changed completely from Tuesday and Ryan Dolan hit every note.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    The Irish delegation will be delighted with that rehearsal. The backdrop and the colours have been changed completely from Tuesday and Ryan Dolan hit every note.

Shame they've kept the godawful dancers.
  • ollie1004ollie1004 Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

....and backing singers!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »

I'm glad they took the negative reaction to the first rehearsal on board and made the necessary changes.
    Now I'd still make those dancers wear some clothes:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We just don't know what the voters and juries will make of the Celtic / tribal staging. It is a TV show after all and could work very well (don't forget too that Slovenia has very typical dance track staging and yet the bloggers in the arena are blasting that as well!) :)
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    Cyprus -- 2nd rehearsal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoobdMmGW3s

Another one which is all about the song *nods in approval*

Moldova -- we're getting to the level of Georgia 2010 -- aren't we -- too much stuff happening when it doesn't need it...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I'm glad they took the negative reaction to the first rehearsal on board and made the necessary changes.
    Now I'd still make those dancers wear some clothes:o

Apparently they already intended changing the backdrop, Makson even without feedback from fans. Ryan said straight after the rehearsal that there would be changes to the stage and lighting so it seems they weren't entirely happy with how it looked on Tuesday.

At least Dolan is keeping his jacket and shirt on anyway :D
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    contejas wrote: »
    Cyprus -- 2nd rehearsal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoobdMmGW3s

Another one which is all about the song *nods in approval*

Moldova -- we're getting to the level of Georgia 2010 -- aren't we -- too much stuff happening when it doesn't need it...:D

'An Me Thimase' is really pleasant.. it's growing on me, and the lack of mature ballads might work in their favour. Having a rethink about dear Despina.

'O Mie' really doesn't need the dancers or the piano.. it's starting to bother me.
  • nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The dancers could be worse...they could be dancing to Bombo...naked...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moldova is one of my favourites but I actually hate the staging.
    I think it is too dated and gimmicky, and actually detracts from the song:(
    Some act in the Irish NF from 2008 already used the "rising dress" trick anyway.
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    It won't happen but I'd like to see the back of Moldova on Tuesday :o
  • babbababba Posts: 1,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I told you the Irish were changing it...
    So so much better, as for the dancers we have no idea how it will look on the night I am sure they wont feature that much, in fact I think the whole production will look excellent, its a semi final that is full of dirge and the worst songs, at least Ireland's is up-beat and a good song, he sings very well, if the key has been lowered it suits him, well done Ireland still my number 1 in semi 1..
  • Andrea_ParmaAndrea_Parma Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    '
    'O Mie' really doesn't need the dancers or the piano.. it's starting to bother me.

I think the piano is just there to give Pasha an excuse to come to Malmo and enjoy the whole Eurovision experience without the competitors' stress. :p
    Forum Member
    I've just seen Belgium and we're still in the game...yay!
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    I've just watched the Alyona interview on esc xtra. I feel awful for calling her tacky now :o. She was lovely!
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nick1990 wrote: »
    The dancers could be worse...they could be dancing to Bombo...naked...:D

Well they're already halfway there pretty much! :p I can only assume there's been a general shortage of baby oil in Malmö since the Irish delegation arrived...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    contejas wrote: »
    I've just seen Belgium and we're still in the game...yay!

I'm thinking about having a sneaky bet on Belgium qualifying. The odds are quite good. £12 at 7/4 would get me £33.

Should I? Shouldn't I? :confused::D
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EuroChris wrote: »
    I'm thinking about having a sneaky bet on Belgium qualifying. The odds are quite good. £12 at 7/4 would get me £33.

Should I? Shouldn't I? :confused::D

Or you could put 12 quid in the bin ;)
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right semi 1 I think we will have these in the final.

Croatia(b), Denmark, Russia, Ukraine, Netherlands, Belarus(b), Moldova, Ireland, Belgium (b) and Serbia
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    Or you could put 12 quid in the bin ;)

Knowing my luck, Belgium will probably be eliminated if I have a bet on them to qualify. :p
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right semi 1 I think we will have these in the final.

Croatia(b), Denmark, Russia, Ukraine, Netherlands, Belarus(b), Moldova, Ireland, Belgium (b) and Serbia

Where are Belgium getting their points from? Wolfie can't teleport around Europe you know :p
    Forum Member
    EuroChris wrote: »
    Knowing my luck, Belgium will probably be eliminated if I have a bet on them to qualify. :p

And qualify if you don't...;)