Those who take the minus offer on "The Chase"

zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
Forum Member
Are so pathetic don't you think? especially those that take it and then answer sod all in the final chase.

Comments

• elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh I hate it when the last person to play does it and leeches off their team's work. Especially when they're all "teamwork"- you gave NO correct answers in the final chase, GO AWAY.

I love it when they don't make it back regardless, take that suckers!
  • R VR V Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Spineless.....I was not impressed when my "team mate" could easily have banked his paltry 3k
  • zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Ugh I hate it when the last person to play does it and leeches off their team's work. Especially when they're all "teamwork"- you gave NO correct answers in the final chase, GO AWAY.

I love it when they don't make it back regardless, take that suckers!

Oh I always pray for that to happen & it pisses me off when it doesn't lol
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i would be furious with them and id let them know it too
  • R VR V Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    i would be furious with them and id let them know it too

They edited out my comments
    Forum Member
    R V wrote: »
    They edited out my comments

haha good for you.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would go ballistic if someone did that to me if I was on the Chase. I would not be able to keep my mouth shut or my feelings of disgust hidden.
    I think it is so low when someone takes the bottom offer, whether it be a minus or not.
    I like it when the Chasers let them know it's disgusting too, in the Chasers suttle way.
    Forum Member
    Julie68 wrote: »
    I would go ballistic if someone did that to me if I was on the Chase. I would not be able to keep my mouth shut or my feelings of disgust hidden.
    I think it is so low when someone takes the bottom offer, whether it be a minus or not.
    I like it when the Chasers let them know it's disgusting too, in the Chasers suttle way.

If the bottom offer is just something like £200 I don't have a problem with them going for it (though find it odd as the whole point is to win big money)

Its when they "steal" others money that irks me.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zummigummi wrote: »
    If the bottom offer is just something like £200 I don't have a problem with them going for it (though find it odd as the whole point is to win big money)

Its when they "steal" others money that irks me.

Me too. And tonight, R V had done so well to take the bigger amount and then the next bloke basically nicked the money from them:mad:
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As Anne told him, he was a worm !
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, he had no redeeming features whatsoever. At least the "mouse whisperer" was hilarious. Such a pity she had to spoil it.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they think they have to go for a minus offer, their general knowledge or logical guessing must be rubbish. So no loss to the team.
    Only consider if they are the last player and there is only 1 through ?

Saw a woman who did it the other day when there were 3 through. Answered bugger all in the final chase and they lost anyway.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The amount that they lost the team by taking the minus offer should be deducted from their portion of any winnings.
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love it if someone who had put a £25k or so in the pot said if you go minus I'll make sure none of us win by going wrong on all the final chase questions.

Must be demoralising when they go low and take money out of the pot
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember seeing one episode a while back, and the someone took the minus offer. The others were annoyed, which is to be expected. But the person that took the minus offer ended up getting alot of question right in the final chase, and the team may not of won the chase. So while many who take the minus can be cowards, some can be a major asset in the final chase.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you imagine if you went first and racked up a huge amount of money from your round.
    Then the next three contestants felt like they didn't even have to try and thought 'I fancy a bit of that' and all just went for the minus figure?
    I'd be livid.

Even worse if in the final chase they just stand there like lemons as you're answering all the questions.

I know what would make them try harder though. Introduce a tough rule where the four final contestants are asked to eliminate their weakest link in the final round.
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if someone gets something like 60k then taking the minus isn't such a bad idea. more people in the final chase the better
  • DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Part of the game - nothing to say they can't. Though most who take the minus offers are clueless chancers hoping to win money off someone else's back.
  • Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    DONTBANME wrote: »
    Part of the game - nothing to say they can't. Though most who take the minus offers are clueless chancers hoping to win money off someone else's back.

Exactly, it's part of the game. It also keeps interest and discussion going.
    It is only a game show after all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Actually it's a good way of finding out about a person's values and morals. Gone are the chat up lines like "do you come here often?". You could ask" If you were on the Chase etc etc"
    You could spot a lily livered, spineless person a mile off!
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe if the winners took only the percentage of what they put in the pot, then people wouldn't take the low or minus figure. But that would then spoil the show!

You can only hope that the ones who take the minus offer lose out on the Chase so don't get through to the final anyway.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    I'd be furious if someone did that to me. I'd tell them I hope they don't make it back!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ones who take the minus amounts are basically cowards who are getting the eventual winnings from the work that people who are brainy have put in. These people must be very arrogant because they don't seem to have any shame after they've successfully knocked a few thousand off a lowish amount. It gets right on my nerves when the rest of the panel welcomes them back with open arms. They must be complete mugs.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    if someone gets something like 60k then taking the minus isn't such a bad idea. more people in the final chase the better

Yeah, that's not so bad. It's when the prize fund is below £15,000 that the minus people are pigs.
  • davidnumendavidnumen Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen quite a few people taking the lower/minus offer not even make it through which I kind of think is just desserts.

At the end of the day it's the luck of the draw with the questions - you'll either know them or be able to guess them right or you'll not have a clue. To that end, contestants should just be taking a punt on the higher offer as often as possible.